Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2020, 05:09 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,215,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmonte View Post
Yeah it’s several people online, some posted proof their previous exhausted but open claim year claim got literally CANCELLED, then converted into PUA with a whole new claim year 365 days from that date.
I’ve got 4 different reps who have no idea what I’m talking about when I reference that ,
The ones who had a rep switch them are already in now and got the backpaid +600 a week.

Total bs

The 2511 number does nothing, all they do is read script saying “PEUC should be coming soon blah blah”
The 800 number which is much harder to get into you need to luck out and find a good or higher up rep..
With so few people in this situation our voice will not be heard the “soon” has been going on 2 months now.
People need to scour the internet, find out you need to play a phone lottery and get the right rep to MANUALLY give you PUA. PEUC still has no date.

I posted a whole thread about this that got buried.
Literally the only way you’ll be seeing money backpaid anytime soon is having a rep switch you to PUA.
End of story
What are you going to do? I'm really so conflicted. I just trying calling but it makes me feel so ridiculous to keep trying only to end with the busy signal. What's the definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. I've spent WAY TOO much time on the phone getting nowhere.

Another FB person said they are going to record their scheduled call with a rep tomorrow. That person said they were told PEUC should be "end of May until July". I mean it's just ridiculous.

Do you think we should all be filing PUA? I guess unless you get a live person on the phone, it isn't worth doing an app online because it will just sit there and could potentially make it harder to get PEUC once it comes. We would have to have someone to manually do it? Is that your take on this?

So we just continue waiting??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2020, 05:10 PM

Quote:
What I’ve seen in common with most of the “exhausted but got switched to PUA” people is (I’m not sure what number it is they’re calling) they are requesting or being scheduled to have a follow up phone call that takes a couple days, several days later they’re called by a tier-2 rep who assists them with moving to PUA. None of the tier-1 edd reps have any idea what’s going on cause 99% of their phone calls are the new filers, penalty weeks, disqualified, etc. people.
The 1% is us need PEUC is the reps we get have no info on it but the same info we have

Yet when I got through once and asked a rep for a call back they said there’s no such thing as callbacks. Lol
Yeah, I was wondering how people get scheduled call backs. I have never seen that anywhere. I've sent emails through UI but that's it. I don't know how to ask for a call back.

Old 05-11-2020, 05:48 PM

160 posts, read 141,458 times
Ask for a call back during the talk with the rep. The rep I asked was rude and said there’s no such thing but she also said she has no idea at all when PEUC or even if it’ll be implemented. I haven’t got through to the 800 or other number but when the people got switched to PUA it was always through a tier-2 EDD rep.

So as of now, you could get lucky and get a knowledgeable rep or request a call back or get one scheduled somehow cause those reps who call back know all about claims.
I don’t have hope that PEUC will come any time soon but I do know more and more reps are doing the PUA switch so training must be going on somewhere just not for all workers there since I’d assume stuff like cancelling your whole existing claim required much more computer expertise and admin level worker to be able to do that not one of the new or outsourced workers.
Being as even Julie Su tweeted “try to apply for PUA in the meantime” and we were told 2k letters went out with info on how to do it.
The guidance were all waiting for if they ever update their homepage my just be instructions or a new dedicated number for people to be switched. I’ve said it before honestly thinking that they’ll one day just switch on PEUC and backpay people literally 6,7,8,9 weeks retroactively is possible ? It is, it’s called PUA and people are getting backpaid. PEUC is a joke at this point

Old 05-11-2020, 05:57 PM

160 posts, read 141,458 times
The people who got switched to PUA from exhausted already are on their way and happy cause they got their money, they have no need to lurk these boards anymore. All my info is coming from their statements on twitter & Reddit and screen caps but it’d be great to have one of them in here explaining it like for which EDD number they called. That’s all the info I have but I guarantee you this is the only way as of RIGHT NOW. They all said they’re more than happy to accept the $167 even if it’s lower than their usual because it’s +$600 each week RETRO to beginning of April. They could care less about it being less. The problem like someone else pointed out is PUA is for 26 weeks right ???
In one of the screen caps a girl posted it showed $167 divided by 26 weeks and in her total claim balance it shows $4300 something. So YES, it’s the full duration even tho we just got done with our previous 26. The big CON being though that after July it’s ONLY $167 so people won’t live off.

Who knows, maybe the reps who gave them PUA weren’t supposed to.
Sick to my stomach of the foolery going on with EDD. Not a word from them.
People comparing of being stuck on pending, etc. at least the money is on the way.
People waiting on PEUC have been cruely led on and basically downright lied to

Old 05-11-2020, 06:15 PM

33 posts, read 22,301 times
Quote:
The people who got switched to PUA from exhausted already are on their way and happy cause they got their money, they have no need to lurk these boards anymore. All my info is coming from their statements on twitter & Reddit and screen caps but it’d be great to have one of them in here explaining it like for which EDD number they called. That’s all the info I have but I guarantee you this is the only way as of RIGHT NOW. They all said they’re more than happy to accept the $167 even if it’s lower than their usual because it’s +$600 each week RETRO to beginning of April. They could care less about it being less. The problem like someone else pointed out is PUA is for 26 weeks right ???
In one of the screen caps a girl posted it showed $167 divided by 26 weeks and in her total claim balance it shows $4300 something. So YES, it’s the full duration even tho we just got done with our previous 26. The big CON being though that after July it’s ONLY $167 so people won’t live off.

Who knows, maybe the reps who gave them PUA weren’t supposed to.
Sick to my stomach of the foolery going on with EDD. Not a word from them.
People comparing of being stuck on pending, etc. at least the money is on the way.
People waiting on PEUC have been cruely led on and basically downright lied to

Yup, this...

I was told and to my understanding the PUA is not for people who have exhausted benefits recently. We should be extended for 13-14 weeks + the $600 per week. After that it's PUA at $167 + 600 I believe. I was given the advice of "just file, who knows maybe you'll get PUA?" which is terrible advice. If we fall into the category of extensions then that should be what it is until that is then exhausted.

IF we apply and we're actually in line to get an extension it could botch the system for us even more as I have heard.

Throwing hands up and seeing what happens. The 800 number as I've mentioned and ya'll know is an absolute joke and it closes at 12pm.

The 833 is just a load of new people most of which don't know any more than us it seems.

Old 05-11-2020, 06:51 PM

Okay, so we are probably right to just wait.

Those claims might come back to bite them if there's ever any type of audit. The one girl I quoted above was able to get the full $450 for 26 weeks and she choose "Yes" to the question about Covid. That's what qualified her. Yet exhausters really don't qualify for PUA because we didn't originally get UI because Covid.

Anyway, this is such a clusterf***. It's just sad that it's LITERALLY a random lottery system to who is getting paid and who isn't.

They need to at least TALK TO US and tell us what's going on. That is the very least they can do.

Old 05-12-2020, 05:32 AM

3,259 posts, read 2,770,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scal2010 View Post
Okay, so we are probably right to just wait.

Those claims might come back to bite them if there's ever any type of audit. The one girl I quoted above was able to get the full $450 for 26 weeks and she choose "Yes" to the question about Covid. That's what qualified her. Yet exhausters really don't qualify for PUA because we didn't originally get UI because Covid.
This has been my exact reasoning all along not to file a new claim and "go for" the PUA claim

Old 05-12-2020, 09:56 AM

3 posts, read 2,092 times
According to this docs, those exhausted their benefits qualify for both PUA and PEUC (emphasis mine).
https://www.edd.ca.gov/about_edd/pdf...g-COVID-19.pdf

[quote][/QWho is eligible for PUA benefits?
Business owners, self-employed individuals, and independent contractors.
Claimants with a regular UI claim who have exhausted their benefits.
Individuals with a limited work history or who could not begin a new job
due to COVID-19.
Claimants with a current false statement (FS) penalties or other specified
disqualifications on their regular UI claim.
• Provides up to 39 weeks of benefits with no waiting period.
• Available from February 2, 2020, through December 26, 2020.UOTE]

Spoiler
Who is eligible for PEUC?
Individuals who have exhausted their regular UI claims.*
• Provides an additional 13 weeks of extended benefits.
• Available from March 29, 2020, through December 26, 2020.
• The EDD is working to get this extension operational just as
soon as possible.
• Workers are encouraged to monitor EDD’s website for
continuing updates and application instructions.

Old 05-12-2020, 10:35 AM

3,259 posts, read 2,770,411 times
[quote=SDluck2000;58089319]According to this docs, those exhausted their benefits qualify for both PUA and PEUC (emphasis mine).
https://www.edd.ca.gov/about_edd/pdf...g-COVID-19.pdf

Quote:
[/QWho is eligible for PUA benefits?
Business owners, self-employed individuals, and independent contractors.
Claimants with a regular UI claim who have exhausted their benefits.
Individuals with a limited work history or who could not begin a new job
due to COVID-19.
Claimants with a current false statement (FS) penalties or other specified
disqualifications on their regular UI claim.
• Provides up to 39 weeks of benefits with no waiting period.
• Available from February 2, 2020, through December 26, 2020.UOTE]

Spoiler
Who is eligible for PEUC?
Individuals who have exhausted their regular UI claims.*
• Provides an additional 13 weeks of extended benefits.
• Available from March 29, 2020, through December 26, 2020.
• The EDD is working to get this extension operational just as
soon as possible.
• Workers are encouraged to monitor EDD’s website for
continuing updates and application instructions.
Interesting how CA is basically attaching PEUC to a PUA claim or requiring you to file a PUA claim. The guidelines from DOL to the States re: PEUC don't imply that getting PEUC requires you to file a PUA claim. I will be curious to see how my state (NJ) handles this on their "expected" date of May 18th for more information. I thought original guidelines said it would be an extension of current UI benefits and at the same UI benefit rate.

Old 05-12-2020, 10:38 AM

3 posts, read 2,092 times
This FAQ may be helpful (Pennsylvania)
https://www.uc.pa.gov/COVID-19/CARES...PEUC-FAQs.aspx

Quote:
Q: I exhausted my benefits on or after July 1, 2019 and have not worked since then. Am I eligible for PEUC?

A: You may be eligible for 13 weeks of PEUC. Depending on when you last reported income, you may also be eligible for PUA after your PEUC eligibility ends. PUA provides benefits to those individuals who do not have enough wages in their base year to file a regular UC claim. Please visit our PUA FAQs to find out more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment