Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2020, 10:41 AM

160 posts, read 141,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan90 View Post
Well nice! (for PEUC to start May 16th)

But, it lands on the weekend I don't certify (UI only allows me to certify every other week, in California).

Would I be able to certify right then and there (since it's Federal money)?
Or, would I have to wait to certify per my usual 2 week cycle?

When it’s officially implemented it’ll again show that you have weeks available to certify.
Or in your case it’ll show (check back to certify on [the following week]) like it usually showed when active.
Pretty sure it’ll follow your same schedule but give you additional weeks

In my case since I expired 3/22 I’m guessing it’ll have past weeks available to certify as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2020, 09:41 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,215,262 times
I went to Linda Su's twitter hoping she tweeted something new about exhausters. Of course she didn't. But reading random replies made me laugh. I hope she's reading them.

Julie's "Happy Mother's Day" tweet:

Quote:
It’s #MothersDay weekend & #COVID19 is still spreading. Thanks to all the moms working more than ever--on the job and in the home. FaceTime with mom, continue to practice physical distancing and the good habits that helped CA bend the curve. #YourActionsSaveLives
Some replies:

Quote:
Her next tweet will be: "It's Taco Tuesday Taco and we want to take this opportunity to celebrate all of those UI claimants still waiting for their pending claims to be resolved so they can join us and actually afford to buy some tacos & a soda"....
Quote:
How about you and your “dedicated team” get the 13 week extension figured out. Not such a Happy Mother’s Day for a lot of people.
Quote:
Each individual I believe loves their moms specially on Mothers Day. Other than that, your tweets are a slap in the face to people that exhausted benefits. It's like you are trolling them. Rollout the Federal Cares Act PEUC already. Why are you waiting for claim year to expire. I bet if you weren't getting paid, you'd react faster.
Quote:
Lol yes, happy Mother’s Day to the mothers who can’t afford to feed their children because their benefits are still pending after two months
Quote:
Can’t by my mom flowers or even make her dinner. we are in bad shape and you wanna tweet this .How about a new tweet about what your doing for the people that finished their penalty weeks and need the $600 dollars. PUA people are getting there’s what about ours? NOW forgotten!!
Quote:
Why do we have to submit another form? You have our info on file. NOTHING HAS CHANGED. Just so we can wait for God knows how much longer. The letter hasn't even arrived yet. Why can't you approve benefits as quickly as you deny or disqualify them? Same amount of reading involved
Quote:
It's been 7 weeks since the state of emergency was declared. The 13 week automatic extension, stop dancing around the fire. Simply state the date you are rolling the program out. Enough is enough.
Quote:
Please stay off of twitter until you have PEUC dates.
Quote:
Where were those letters for exhausted claims and penalty weeks sent from? Space?
Quote:
I am puking right now.

How are you even serious? We are sitting here with MULTIPLE weeks of pending payment status.

You could've paid some claims by the time you finished this post. Your time management is horrible.

Last edited by Scal2010; 05-08-2020 at 10:19 PM..

Old 05-08-2020, 11:00 PM

313 posts, read 347,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmonte View Post
When it’s officially implemented it’ll again show that you have weeks available to certify.
Or in your case it’ll show (check back to certify on [the following week]) like it usually showed when active.
Pretty sure it’ll follow your same schedule but give you additional weeks

In my case since I expired 3/22 I’m guessing it’ll have past weeks available to certify as well
Nice.
Thanks for responding.
Cheers!

Old 05-09-2020, 09:51 PM

Not sure if this was posted already. This stalling about the 13 weeks is really just that they don't have the money, huh? In some ways, I hope that's the reason because then at least that would mean they have the technology in place or at least know what to do to make it happen once they have the money.

California Becomes First State To Borrow From Feds To Pay Unemployment Claims

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2020...y-unemployment

Old 05-10-2020, 06:17 AM

60 posts, read 51,786 times
Not sure if this question has been asked or answered already, there’s so many pages here it’s hard to keep up.

Has anyone who certified for benefits under PUA been paid out already? If so how long did it take?

It just showed up in my online portal and I started certifying but they’re all going to pending. I’m guessing because it’s 5am in Ca right now but I’m desperate to pay my bills and wondering when I could tell people I could pay them.

Old 05-10-2020, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrshernandez8 View Post
Not sure if this question has been asked or answered already, there’s so many pages here it’s hard to keep up.

Has anyone who certified for benefits under PUA been paid out already? If so how long did it take?

It just showed up in my online portal and I started certifying but they’re all going to pending. I’m guessing because it’s 5am in Ca right now but I’m desperate to pay my bills and wondering when I could tell people I could pay them.
Yes, a couple people have posted that they received the money within the 24-48 hour window.

Normally with my old UI, I would certify on Sunday morning and then at about 2 or 3am Monday, it would arrive to my Chase bank. Sometimes it would take an extra day. I would think PUA works the same but I don't know.

You should probably have the money tomorrow, but I would tell people you could pay them "early this week" because that would give you until Wednesday just in case.

P.S. I should also say that some people are "stuck on pending" so maybe it would be better to not make any specific promises for the money if you don't have to.

Last edited by Scal2010; 05-10-2020 at 10:41 AM..

Old 05-10-2020, 10:31 AM

60 posts, read 51,786 times
The only one I’m really worried about is my landlord who I used to work for and luckily since I know the owner of my house and of my property management company so we’ll no body’s pushing or making a big deal about my rent but I’d like to get it paid out of personal obligation more then anything.

I’m currently pending. 2 of my weeks went excessive earnings already so I’m hopeful I won’t get stuck in pending since I’ve already had movement. I keep checking it hoping to see it’s gone paid.

Thanks for the info it helps ease my mind.

Old 05-10-2020, 10:45 AM

33 posts, read 22,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scal2010 View Post
Not sure if this was posted already. This stalling about the 13 weeks is really just that they don't have the money, huh? In some ways, I hope that's the reason because then at least that would mean they have the technology in place or at least know what to do to make it happen once they have the money.

California Becomes First State To Borrow From Feds To Pay Unemployment Claims

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2020...y-unemployment

I've called and have gotten a myriad of answers but there have been some consistencies. The information I kept getting was that it had to due with the system set up in that people who exhausted the money on their claim had to wait until their year was up so in my case having to wait until end of October. I work in UI/UX and know that global roll outs and updates for a site on whatever back end your using can take a bit to implement correctly. Especially when you have a functionality like logging into access database.

EDD originally said they would roll out the extensions by April 28th of course that didn't happen

Now the new mystery date is May 16th/17th

I did find this to be semi helpful in explaining what category you will fall into regarding PUA only vs Extensions

https://edd.ca.gov/About_EDD/pdf/news-20-15.pdf

Before my unemployment expired at the end of April I did see the $600 show up for each week of certifying. If you qualify for $1 of unemployment per week you will get the $600 per week.

I was informed by three diff people (although they could all be blowing smoke) that once we get our extensions we get our unemployment that we were getting before funds were exhausted PLUS $600 per week. The extensions will run until end after that time and we can try to apply to PUA after.

https://edd.ca.gov/About_EDD/pdf/news-20-15.pdf

Hopefully the state starts getting their shhhhh together and we're all getting back to work by then and sending out good vibes that the rest of us get hired!

Last edited by arthooligan55; 05-10-2020 at 10:56 AM..

Old 05-11-2020, 01:14 AM

160 posts, read 141,458 times
Rumor I’m hearing now is “by the end of May”.
Gonna try to get ahold of a rep 1 more time tomorrow to see what’s up with PEUC.
This upcoming weekend doesn’t sound likely anymore

Old 05-11-2020, 09:27 AM

313 posts, read 347,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmonte View Post
Rumor I’m hearing now is “by the end of May”.
Gonna try to get ahold of a rep 1 more time tomorrow to see what’s up with PEUC.
This upcoming weekend doesn’t sound likely anymore
Oh no..

Thanks for trying to get ahold of a rep if you plan on sharing the news
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment