Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2020, 01:01 PM

33 posts, read 22,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Titere View Post
You have to call in.

I've scheduled three callbacks over the course of three weeks and not one person called!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2020, 03:00 PM

160 posts, read 141,417 times
I’ve asked DURING all 3 of the successful calls and they tell me there’s no other info, or that there’s isn’t a way to be called back so I don’t know either but some people got it that way

Old 05-12-2020, 03:41 PM

313 posts, read 347,161 times
[quote=SDluck2000;58089319]According to this docs, those exhausted their benefits qualify for both PUA and PEUC (emphasis mine).
https://www.edd.ca.gov/about_edd/pdf...g-COVID-19.pdf

Quote:
[/QWho is eligible for PUA benefits?
Business owners, self-employed individuals, and independent contractors.
Claimants with a regular UI claim who have exhausted their benefits.
Individuals with a limited work history or who could not begin a new job
due to COVID-19.
Claimants with a current false statement (FS) penalties or other specified
disqualifications on their regular UI claim.
• Provides up to 39 weeks of benefits with no waiting period.
• Available from February 2, 2020, through December 26, 2020.UOTE]

Spoiler
Who is eligible for PEUC?
Individuals who have exhausted their regular UI claims.*
• Provides an additional 13 weeks of extended benefits.
• Available from March 29, 2020, through December 26, 2020.
• The EDD is working to get this extension operational just as
soon as possible.
• Workers are encouraged to monitor EDD’s website for
continuing updates and application instructions.
Wait, so if we were already on unemployment before COVID, exhausted benefits but not exhausted year and are waiting for PEUC 13-week extension, we should apply to PUA in order to get queued up in the system?

Old 05-12-2020, 03:49 PM

5,153 posts, read 3,763,782 times
[quote=Pan90;58092943]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDluck2000 View Post
According to this docs, those exhausted their benefits qualify for both PUA and PEUC (emphasis mine).
https://www.edd.ca.gov/about_edd/pdf...g-COVID-19.pdf

Wait, so if we were already on unemployment before COVID, exhausted benefits but not exhausted year and are waiting for PEUC 13-week extension, we should apply to PUA in order to get queued up in the system?

Wouldn't it be logical if you were given directions on how to proceed once you signed in or is that too difficult for these morons running the joint?

Old 05-12-2020, 05:38 PM

They really got to at the very least at least make the official announcement about it this weekend or ASAP, just like they did with PUA In advance saying “we’re proud to announce starting this weekend..” regarding the upcoming PEUC extension.
EDD official twitter account and julieSu are getting bombarded with tweets from us needing extensions, those of us on this board definitely aren’t alone, under any of their tweets there’s countless “where is the PEUC” tweets, some rather hostile too. If it’s gonna take til the end of May possibly then they’ll make an announcement soon. The technology is all there for them to backpay just like for PUA all the weeks (since 3/29) will be there to go back to and certify manually.

Old 05-12-2020, 05:44 PM

I’ve seen a lot of negativity on reddit that “they’re holding us out this long so they don’t have to pay us”, “they want to keep the money”, etc.. I know this has taken so long but they’re successfully paying PUA cases out as we speak, even further back than 03/29. PEUC cases are far outnumbered in comparison but that money is literally just waiting for whenever that code or programming is finished, I can’t wait would be an understatement

Old 05-12-2020, 06:49 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,215,146 times
Someone started a petition on Twitter for a PEUC timeline. https://www.change.org/p/ca-edd-we-n...xtensions-peuc

I have to say reading Twitter the past couple days has helped me. I do think some of the tweets are over the top, but I was feeling invisible before, so it's reassuring to see how many people are asking specifically about PEUC. They can't keep ignoring us.

Old 05-13-2020, 10:39 AM

313 posts, read 347,161 times
[quote=lancers;58093019]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan90 View Post

Wouldn't it be logical if you were given directions on how to proceed once you signed in or is that too difficult for these morons running the joint?
Yeah, it'd be nice to have a message or some type of acknowledgement of the situation such as "You qualify for PEUC 13-week extension and we are working on getting it up and running. Please check back later."

Old 05-13-2020, 01:32 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,215,146 times
[quote=Pan90;58099725]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post

Yeah, it'd be nice to have a message or some type of acknowledgement of the situation such as "You qualify for PEUC 13-week extension and we are working on getting it up and running. Please check back later."
If they did that, it would erase about 90% of my stress about this. One of the reasons it feels so anxiety-producing is because I feel like I will fall through the cracks even though I legally qualify for PEUC. If they could just acknowledge who will get PEUC, that was help A LOT.

I guess they don't want to make promises though.

Old 05-13-2020, 01:51 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,769,856 times
[quote=Scal2010;58101433]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan90 View Post

If they did that, it would erase about 90% of my stress about this. One of the reasons it feels so anxiety-producing is because I feel like I will fall through the cracks even though I legally qualify for PEUC. If they could just acknowledge who will get PEUC, that was help A LOT.

I guess they don't want to make promises though.
Agree with you. And once it's "announced" is it going to be a total s__ show and a Herculean effort to get set up to receive benefits? It just seems like it should be a no hassle, simple go through the motions to have them "revalidate" exhausted claims and/or add 13 weeks of benefits on the claims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment