Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2020, 09:47 AM

1 posts, read 879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrshernandez8 View Post
So are they saying it takes 24-48 hours to get approved or to get paid once approved? Gotta love vague CA
I got approved PUA in about 22 hours and certified for 5 weeks back. All say paid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2020, 10:06 AM

3,259 posts, read 2,770,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piranha650 View Post
I got approved PUA in about 22 hours and certified for 5 weeks back. All say paid.
Hallelujah!!! glad to hear someone made it through the gate and is showing paid weeks retro.

Old 04-29-2020, 11:56 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,215,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scraprsmith View Post
Saw this posted on Reddit.

[California] Exhausters, don’t apply for PUA if your benefit year is still open
[California] Advice or Tips

The only exhausters that need to apply for PUA would be the scenario where the person’s benefit year ended after 07/01/2019 and is not open as of today. They will get switched to PEUC when it is up an running.

They will eventually publish guidelines on the PEUC extension, they are taking their sweet time on it.

People applying for PUA when they still have a benefit year open run the risk of delaying their benefits.
I'm in one of those "limbo" situations because my claim ended April 4th. So it's an expired claim but it's also after the March 29 date that CA always lists as a cut off. Maybe they will end up lumping my date range into the claims that are considered still active. So I'm just waiting it out to see what Su says. In your case, it's more clear since your claim expired a while ago. Will you be applying for PUA right away once it's up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piranha650 View Post
WOO! Congrats! That's awesome that it worked so fast for you.

Old 04-29-2020, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scal2010 View Post
I'm in one of those "limbo" situations because my claim ended April 4th. So it's an expired claim but it's also after the March 29 date that CA always lists as a cut off. Maybe they will end up lumping my date range into the claims that are considered still active. So I'm just waiting it out to see what Su says. In your case, it's more clear since your claim expired a while ago. Will you be applying for PUA right away once it's up?

WOO! Congrats! That's awesome that it worked so fast for you.
I'm in NJ waiting on guidance (Scenario A people). both exhausted benefits and claim has exhausted after 7/1/19. Maybe others who get CA extensions will list their specifics so you/we will know how CA is handling each situation.

Old 04-29-2020, 02:05 PM

7 posts, read 6,696 times
Based on the guidance given about not cancelling $0 claims, I applied for CA PUA yesterday at 5:30am when the site went live. I made it through easily and received a confirmation number, but there's no evidence of the new claim when I log in today :-(

Old 04-29-2020, 03:39 PM

160 posts, read 141,458 times
So exhausted but claim year open means still wait for PEUC?
I guess it’s good to hear that PUA is paying out the retro weeks though

Old 04-29-2020, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmonte View Post
Based on info below yes that's what I'm inferring from it.

[California] Exhausters, don’t apply for PUA if your benefit year is still open
[California] Advice or Tips

The only exhausters that need to apply for PUA would be the scenario where the person’s benefit year ended after 07/01/2019 and is not open as of today. They will get switched to PEUC when it is up an running.

They will eventually publish guidelines on the PEUC extension, they are taking their sweet time on it.

People applying for PUA when they still have a benefit year open run the risk of delaying their benefits.

Old 04-29-2020, 10:12 PM

313 posts, read 347,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmonte View Post
I'm one of those.
Exhausted benefits just this Sunday.

Claim year still valid until July 2020.
Standard message is wait until July to reapply,
But due to COVID I suppose we do PUA or PEUC as soon as possible?

Old 04-30-2020, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijou View Post
Based on the guidance given about not cancelling $0 claims, I applied for CA PUA yesterday at 5:30am when the site went live. I made it through easily and received a confirmation number, but there's no evidence of the new claim when I log in today :-(
It said it should take 24-48 hours, so hopefully when you check tomorrow it will be there. Good luck!

Old 04-30-2020, 12:25 AM

Yeah, I think all open claims or claims like mine that were near the cut-off date should wait for PUEC. Now that PUA is finally up, they are actively working on PUEC, so we should hear something soon. I think we're almost there. *fingers crossed*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment