Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2020, 02:14 PM

5,153 posts, read 3,765,357 times

Advertisements

Nothing is ever easy with the govt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2020, 02:29 PM

53 posts, read 39,803 times
[quote=scraprsmith;58101627]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scal2010 View Post

Agree with you. And once it's "announced" is it going to be a total s__ show and a Herculean effort to get set up to receive benefits? It just seems like it should be a no hassle, simple go through the motions to have them "revalidate" exhausted claims and/or add 13 weeks of benefits on the claims.
This would be too simple.

Old 05-13-2020, 04:56 PM

33 posts, read 22,301 times
[quote=scraprsmith;58101627]
Quote:

Agree with you. And once it's "announced" is it going to be a total s__ show and a Herculean effort to get set up to receive benefits? It just seems like it should be a no hassle, simple go through the motions to have them "revalidate" exhausted claims and/or add 13 weeks of benefits on the claims.

Absolutely.

With the announcement that we most likely will be on lock until August. Why am I getting the feeling we won't get an extension approved until then...

It would be great if their new voice message on the 833-978-2511 number simply said,
"Our new expanded hours are from 8am-8pm BUT you won't be able to reach us at any point during that time frame even though we claim to be open 7 days a week. But keep trying an ungodly amount of times just to keep your spirits up that someone might give you little to no information. Good luck and thanks for supporting the lock down."
Don't you love how they swapped out the male recording for female in an attempt to make the, "We're experiencing to many calls.." and disconnect more palatable.

At first the 800 number was a joke and now the expanded hours number is just as horrible. Fak.

Old 05-13-2020, 11:25 PM

160 posts, read 141,458 times
Julie Su Twitter says EDD will put out a statement tomorrow for PEUC.
Just today though I got scheduled a call back from a claims rep but if they can release a timeline ASAP I won’t want/need the call back anymore lol, all I need to know is a proper timeframe.

She also stresses that we WILL be paid what we’re owed

Old 05-14-2020, 12:14 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,215,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmonte View Post
Just today though I got scheduled a call back from a claims rep but if they can release a timeline ASAP I won’t want/need the call back anymore lol, all I need to know is a proper timeframe.

That's GREAT NEWS. Hope we get some concrete info tomorrow.

Old 05-14-2020, 09:02 AM

313 posts, read 347,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmonte View Post

Cool!
What time?
(I'll search it up myself, perhaps, as well)

Old 05-14-2020, 03:15 PM

So far nothing. I guess "end of day" would have been more accurate.

They're probably still crafting the language so people don't completely flip out.

Old 05-14-2020, 04:25 PM

33 posts, read 22,301 times
Quote:
So far nothing. I guess "end of day" would have been more accurate.

They're probably still crafting the language so people don't completely flip out.

I would be surprised if there was an announcement or any info before the end of next week. This is all nonsense. I've given up on calling or trying to get any new, news.

Old 05-14-2020, 06:26 PM

36 posts, read 30,012 times
Here is the update :

"New federal extension planned for launchThe EDD has been working around the clock to implement a new 13-week federal extension of unemployment benefits called the Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC) established in the federal CARES Act. Due to the different dates, eligibility requirements, and interactions with other UI programs, including the new PUA program, the implementation of this extension has increased complexities. In order to make these PEUC benefits available as quickly as possible during this historic pandemic, the EDD will be rolling the extension out in two phases. Phase 1–Starting May 27th, the EDD will begin automatically filing PEUC extensionsfor those who exhausted all available benefits on their claim with a benefit year that started on or after June 2, 2019, and expectsthe first phase to be completed in early June.These individuals will receive a notice through the mail about 5-7 days after the PEUC extension is filed. This notice will include instructions on how to certify for extension benefit payments if you remain unemployed. Claimants are also encouraged to watch for updates in the Inbox of theirUI Online account.Phase 2–Starting in early July, the EDD will begin mailing notices to those who ran out of their regular UI benefits sometime after July 2018 who are not part of the more recent group of those who exhausted benefits in Phase 1. More details will be released later. But the EDD recommends these individuals who remain out of work apply for another UI claim through UI Online if they haven’t already done so. The EDD will be required to first check whether or not they would qualify for a new regular claim before an extension could be filed."

Source:

https://edd.ca.gov/About_EDD/pdf/news-20-17.pdf

Old 05-14-2020, 07:47 PM

I'm bummed because I have to wait until July (or August potentially?) But I am glad they at least said something. It's bad news though for most of us.

My claim year was still open when the CARES Act was passed. I wish that actually meant something because some of us are being penalized just simply because they are taking so long to figure it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment