Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2017, 12:32 PM

712 posts, read 1,093,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Cushman & Wakefield vice chairman Darian LeBlanc, a former GSA employee who now brokers GSA deals for the firm, said the GSA would have known when they set the March announcement date that appropriations likely would not be made yet, and he thinks there is more to the delay. “I think appropriations is a convenient excuse for not saying anything,” LeBlanc said. “I think the administration is going to weigh in and wants to understand what’s going on, and I think there may be some changes in store.”
The decision to make the swap is not set in stone, and LeBlanc suggests the GSA may decide to instead ask for full appropriations for the new HQ. This would allow the GSA to offer the Hoover site separately, to a wider array of interested developers, and not limit the development of the Pennsylvania Avenue site to firms able to build a 2M SF suburban HQ.

Read more at: https://www.bisnow.com/washington-dc...medium=Browser
Yea when I initially heard about the delay, I assumed it was so that the GSA can sell the Hoover site separately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2017, 05:46 AM

Default Former Top GSA Official Is Not Expecting An FBI Decision This Year

Quote:
Developers and local officials from Maryland to Virginia have been on the edge of their seats waiting for the General Services Administration to announce the site and developer for the FBI's new $2B suburban campus, a decision that was pushed from late 2016 to March and then delayed indefinitely.

Former GSA public buildings commissioner Bob Peck thinks they will have to keep waiting until 2018. The Trump administration has yet to appoint a permanent administrator to replace Denise Turner Roth or a public buildings commissioner to replace Norman Dong, who left the agency last month. Peck, who led the GSA's Public Buildings Service for eight years, said a decision as big as the FBI HQ is not one likely to be made by temporary acting officials.
https://www.bisnow.com/washington-dc...73713?rt=40476

I was thinking we probably wouldn't hear a decision this year.

Old 04-26-2017, 07:16 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,573,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDatInMD View Post
https://www.bisnow.com/washington-dc...73713?rt=40476

I was thinking we probably wouldn't hear a decision this year.
Another fine example of government bureaucratic delay. No wonder it takes the government years what private industry can do in half the time.

Old 04-26-2017, 07:29 AM

662 posts, read 783,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Another fine example of government bureaucratic delay. No wonder it takes the government years what private industry can do in half the time.
The govt is not meant to act like a private company. 45 is learning that the hard way.

Old 04-26-2017, 09:11 AM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,129 posts, read 7,572,838 times
I'm firmly confident that this will not be determined before 2020 at the earliest, by then either 45 will be on his way out, or a new administration will have to get this done. If he's re-elected then it may be second term when we see this happen. Book it.

Old 04-26-2017, 09:46 AM

Most people are concerned about this because of the jobs, but the building actually is falling apart. I am certain this will only really get moved when something terrible happens.

Old 04-26-2017, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingbutnotlost View Post
Most people are concerned about this because of the jobs, but the building actually is falling apart. I am certain this will only really get moved when something terrible happens.
I was thinking the same thing. It is mind-boggling that for an agency like the FBI, the govt is taking their time deciding on a new location while the Hoover building is literally falling apart. And that also poses a danger to pedestrians walking nearby on Penn Ave. Didn't a small chunk of the outside of the building fall off like 10 years ago?

Old 04-26-2017, 11:14 AM

2,195 posts, read 2,690,517 times
Trump's incompetence strikes again. Over 3 months in and 85% of his appointees still haven't even been named, much less vetted and confirmed.

Old 04-26-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing. It is mind-boggling that for an agency like the FBI, the govt is taking their time deciding on a new location while the Hoover building is literally falling apart. And that also poses a danger to pedestrians walking nearby on Penn Ave. Didn't a small chunk of the outside of the building fall off like 10 years ago?
Yes. It's just not ok. Someone is going to have to get injured unfortunately.

Last edited by lookingbutnotlost; 04-26-2017 at 11:54 AM..

Old 04-26-2017, 05:46 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,573,042 times
Quote:
ANd so many other agencies are getting new digs. The FDA has its sprawling campus in White Oak, Walter Reed moved to its new digs in Bethesda. The FBI building has the most serious issues and they are delaying it. It is mind boggling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland