Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2014, 04:28 PM

844 posts, read 1,063,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro1232 View Post
Mexico is so overatedddddddddd
South american is underated
I'd love to visit South American. Of course, only if I can find it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2014, 08:24 PM

826 posts, read 864,415 times
Uruguay is overrated. They legalized some things and that's great, but now some people fantasize a lot about them.

Old 11-22-2014, 09:34 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,522,865 times
Uruguay is definetely overrated. People from far away see it as some kind of progressive paradise, when its just a laid back, boring country, with not much landscapes or culture of its own whatsoever.

Argentina is definetely underrated: in variety of beautiful landscapes it can rival the most beautiful nations in the world. And you can do ANYTHING in this country:
if you want snow and mountains: check,
beaches: check,
cosmopolitan city with millons things to do and one of the few really 24/7 cities in the world: check,
the most magnificentfalls in the world -and now one of the world wonders-: check
the highest peak in america and second in the world after himalaya: check
trekking, lakes and gorgeous landscapes: check
dry colourful sunny mountains: check
glaciars: check

and i could go on and on. definetely a gorgeous, varied country, full of entartaining things to do.

Ill visit Peru in january, and i get the feeling that country is underrated too, will confirm in 2 months.

Old 11-22-2014, 10:01 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,838,320 times

Colombia is SERIOUSLY UNDERRATED!

Old 11-22-2014, 11:32 AM

3,282 posts, read 3,790,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
[youtube]t92RzINw96M[/youtube]
[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t92RzINw96M"][/URL]

Colombia is SERIOUSLY UNDERRATED!
Colombia is definitely underrated, I really liked it there, I would like to go back and explore the country more.

Uruguay is a cute little place. If more people have a desire to visit the country, good for them. I am glad they are getting more attention. Uruguayans are generally nice, humble people. I am obsessed with the chivito sandwhich, wow, one of the best sandwiches I have ever had! I would recommend visiting the country if you are already in the area.

Old 11-23-2014, 09:35 AM

33 posts, read 43,738 times
Overrated: Chile. It is the most efficient and clean Latin American country, but feels unsophisticated and bland. Aside from the genius of Pablo Neruda, there is not much culture going on.

Underrated: Bolivia. It is considered a poor and ugly country by its neighbors. But it has some beautiful, breathtaking landscapes and an interesting culture.

Old 11-23-2014, 05:39 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,522,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorro View Post
Overrated: Chile. It is the most efficient and clean Latin American country, but feels unsophisticated and bland. Aside from the genius of Pablo Neruda, there is not much culture going on.

Dont forget Roberto Bolaño! Probably the best novelist that ever lived. And he is chilean

Have heard the same about Bolivia: it is supposedly very beautiful. My next trip after visiting Peru in 2015, will hopefully be Bolivia in 2016.

Old 11-24-2014, 01:45 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,245,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorro View Post

Have you ever visited Chile at all? I lived there for 8 months and traveled the length of the country....it is ANYTHING but bland! It has some of the most interesting and picturesque beauty in all of south america. It also has a very rich and vibrant, unique culture as well

Underrated: Bolivia. It is considered a poor and ugly country by its neighbors. But it has some beautiful, breathtaking landscapes and an interesting culture.
That's true, I agree...

My opinion is as follows

Most overrated - Brazil
Most underrated - Uruguay

Old 11-24-2014, 09:42 PM

1,675 posts, read 2,838,320 times
OVERRATED: Brazil (the happy friendly people, the amazing samba music, beautiful sexy bodies, the fun culture, the liberal ways), in reality brazil is extremely conservative, Brazilians are very average looking for the most, the samba is fun for two or three hours before you get sick of the drums and the neurotic people dancing non-stop, the friendliness happens mostly when there is something in store for them and the happiness is at times very artificial.

UNDERRATED: Bolivia (it has some of the most interesting pre-Columbian cultures still alive, landscapes not found in any other place on this planet, you walk around and you can hear Amerindian languages everywhere, if the americas hadnt been colonized by Europe they would look like Bolivia.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:12 AM

18,126 posts, read 25,266,042 times
As long as Colombia has guerillas... I'm staying out of there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas