Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2008, 09:38 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times

Advertisements

yes, we heard some pretty far out remarks from our friends in NM. of course most were sure we would be killed by tornados the first day we arrived; some were hoping our neighbors didn't have their extra refridge on the front porch and of course they just knew property would be 1/2 of what it was in NM. Acutally in BV, it is probably a little higher, depending on where you life in NM> I guess the most asked question simply was, "why in the hell would you move to Arkansas?" I tell them, we want to have a real college football team to route for....Too bad the razorbacks are going to have a re-building year: I might end up eating my words........

Nita

Old 07-31-2008, 09:43 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,758,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
yes, we heard some pretty far out remarks from our friends in NM. of course most were sure we would be killed by tornados the first day we arrived; some were hoping our neighbors didn't have their extra refridge on the front porch and of course they just knew property would be 1/2 of what it was in NM. Acutally in BV, it is probably a little higher, depending on where you life in NM> I guess the most asked question simply was, "why in the hell would you move to Arkansas?" I tell them, we want to have a real college football team to route for....Too bad the razorbacks are going to have a re-building year: I might end up eating my words........

Nita
I'm still hoping Petrino can be a bit of a miracle worker in a rebuilding season and we can finish in the middle of the SEC west pack at least. Now...if we can get some recruits who don't have such an affinity for breaking the law...that would be nice.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:57 AM

734 posts, read 2,616,977 times
Hillbilly uprising!!! lol

Old 07-31-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
I'm still hoping Petrino can be a bit of a miracle worker in a rebuilding season and we can finish in the middle of the SEC west pack at least. Now...if we can get some recruits who don't have such an affinity for breaking the law...that would be nice.
I too am hopeful, it isn't only the re-building and I like Petrino so far, it's the law breakers that will kill us. No pun intended, I don't really mean literally kill us...

Nita

Old 08-03-2008, 02:57 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,789,269 times
Geez, I thought Arkansas was predominantly african-american, as opposed to red-neck. Am I incorrect in my thinking here?

Case in point:

http://www.daylife.com/photo/073d15Pd6M5rQ

Old 08-03-2008, 03:27 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,858,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMadison View Post
Geez, I thought Arkansas was predominantly african-american, as opposed to red-neck. Am I incorrect in my thinking here?

Case in point:

Photo from Getty Images by AFP/Getty Images - Daylife
Ahhh.... Pine Bluff, which is 70% black, I think. It's in the Mississippi delta, which is where most of Arkansas' African-American population lives. Plenty of red-necks there, too. The Ozarks are mostly what give northern Arkansas (and southern Missouri) it's West-Appalachia stereotype. I try not to say too much, considering I have lots of family in that neck of the woods. I just hope none of them were related at the time of marriage. Could explain a lot of my personal problems, though.

Old 08-03-2008, 03:55 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,913,507 times
Arkansas is a fine state; a place I have lived before and if the opportunity arose again I would probably relocate there in a heartbeat.

Old 08-03-2008, 06:06 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,112,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogMar View Post
Hey.......!!

Where you been?

I thought it was around.........April...or so that you had found a place....or looking for one, and were on your way.
I thought I was going get to bump up my time line and move this year, but that fell through, so I'm stuck with my original plan. I can't wait to get to Arkansas and leave nasty LA behind.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:08 PM

27 posts, read 114,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
In N Out has two things on its side: Burgers, and shakes. The fries are disgusting compared to every other fast food joint. They're slow to prepare the food, lines are frequently long
the slow to prepare food and long lines are due to their not making food ahead so it can sit under heat lamps.. The food is made while you wait. I do agree with you on the fries though..

Old 08-04-2008, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn2 View Post
the slow to prepare food and long lines are due to their not making food ahead so it can sit under heat lamps.. The food is made while you wait. I do agree with you on the fries though..
A lot of people don't like their fries, I happen to think they are really good cause they are fresh. You are right about why it takes at least 5 or 10 minute (god forbid) to get served. Everything is fresh.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas