Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2012, 02:29 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,996,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
Cavitena is just the name of someone from that city. Just like Manilena is someone from Manila. Both are still Tagalog because they speak Tagalog. Theres no separate language for Cavite. And yes, you're the only one who's experienced this. It's your own made-up reality
according to wiki cavite is inhabited by chavacano speaking cavitenos and tagalogs

again you show no proof to refuting the countless experiences of tourists in manila

tagalogs rallying in manila

Last edited by ejay1; 12-03-2012 at 02:37 PM..

Old 12-03-2012, 09:20 PM

1,141 posts, read 2,201,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
according to wiki cavite is inhabited by chavacano speaking cavitenos and tagalogs
If you have to look at Wikipedia regarding Cavite, then you do not know Manila or the Tagalog area well enough to make claims regarding the region. Cavite happens to be the most populous Tagalog province. There are two Chavacano languages there but number of speakers is very low and it is predominantly Tagalog-speaking.

Quote:
again you show no proof to refuting the countless experiences of tourists in manila

tagalogs rallying in manila
Actually, Smtchll had it right. I actually lived in Manila for a few years and also lived in the Visayas. Visited all over the country. I do not know who those countless experiences of tourists in Manila are as never heard of ANYONE saying they mistook Filipinos (or Tagalogs) as Africans. The ones that really look black are the Negritos (aka Aetas), a number of which are found near Subic. Most of the Tagalogs do not look like Melanesians and most of the Visayans do not look like East Asians (Chinese, Japanese or Korean) except of course the ones who are of Chinese descent. Even in that rally, most look Malay or Indonesian, not Melanesian. You cannot mistake a photo of a crowd in Manila as that of Papuan people or Australian aborigines. The same way, if you have a photo of a crowd from Cebu or Davao, one cannot mistake it as people from Hong Kong or Seoul. However, it is hard to tell apart a crowd of Tagalogs or a crowd of Visayans!

Old 12-03-2012, 11:03 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,349,217 times
Quote:
Im not making stuff up...why are most filipinos undiscernable from other Southeast Asians but Manila...Manilenos/tagalogs are the odd one out in Southeast Asia...they look like psuedo australian aboriginals

lol im sure havin .00000000000016 chinese ancestry from 1000 years ago doesnt count anymore

we are talking about chinese ancestry from when the spanish let the chinese in up until now
I seriously don't understand what you're talking about. I've known many Filipinos and Filipino descendants, same with Thai, Indonesians and Vietnamese both outside of their native countries and within and I have never heard of nor noticed any particular oddities of people from or in Manila. Where did you get this info from?

Old 12-04-2012, 01:19 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,173,029 times
Quote:
theory still stands....overwhelming majority of southern luzon look australoid until otherwise proven
as Im not the only one who has experienced this...Tiger Beer has experienced this as well...as have many other people who have been to Manila
Actually, I said I thought I've seen that look once or twice, and just assumed that that rare individual that I saw, could have been Papau New Guinean. But perhaps they were actually Filipino 'astroloid', or we used the term 'mixed negrito,' previously in the thread.

'Overwhelming majority of southern Luzon look australoid'...no, definitely haven't seen that.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:20 AM

4,280 posts, read 6,083,198 times
Quote:
You don't even know where the woman in the first pic is from, you're just using her to fit your agenda.

Jasmine Trias is Tagalog. Both of her parents are from Cavite. Notice how she looks similar to the Ilocano woman that you posted a picture of. So there goes your theory.

There is a mixture of looks throughout the Philippines. You can find siblings in which one looks like the woman in the first pic, and another looks like Jasmine Trias. That's how mixed up it is.
My husband and his nine siblings about run the gambit on looks. However, it isn't a true comparison because eight are from one wife and two are from a second wife. My husband is very dark and often thought to be Hawaiian with his only real Asian feature being his eyes. His brother could easily pass for a white guy. His sisters go from looking confused to looking pretty Asian, but none would pass as East Asian.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
If you have to look at Wikipedia regarding Cavite, then you do not know Manila or the Tagalog area well enough to make claims regarding the region. Cavite happens to be the most populous Tagalog province. There are two Chavacano languages there but number of speakers is very low and it is predominantly Tagalog-speaking.

Actually, Smtchll had it right. I actually lived in Manila for a few years and also lived in the Visayas. Visited all over the country. I do not know who those countless experiences of tourists in Manila are as never heard of ANYONE saying they mistook Filipinos (or Tagalogs) as Africans. The ones that really look black are the Negritos (aka Aetas), a number of which are found near Subic. Most of the Tagalogs do not look like Melanesians and most of the Visayans do not look like East Asians (Chinese, Japanese or Korean) except of course the ones who are of Chinese descent. Even in that rally, most look Malay or Indonesian, not Melanesian. You cannot mistake a photo of a crowd in Manila as that of Papuan people or Australian aborigines. The same way, if you have a photo of a crowd from Cebu or Davao, one cannot mistake it as people from Hong Kong or Seoul. However, it is hard to tell apart a crowd of Tagalogs or a crowd of Visayans!
im not saying tagalogs normally look like pure negritos...but they do look like they have been heavily admixed with them

here is a crowd of visayans

crowd of tagalogs

individual tagalogs

individual visayans

none of the pictures I have posted have any foreign blood

Old 12-04-2012, 03:21 AM

3,635 posts, read 10,741,556 times
Anyone can cherrypick...

Cebu

Leyte

Chinese Filipino family, surname is "Ang" Check out how much the grandma resembles the girls you post. Yes, there are Chinese-Filipinos even on Leyte

Negros

Panay

Samar

But you'll probably say these are all ethnic minorities. Please dont waste your time because I already know you'll say it. My point- the Philippines has a mix of looks all over the country. Not one look is concentrated in one area and another look in another area. You're just creating imaginary racial lines to divide.

Last edited by Smtchll; 12-04-2012 at 03:46 AM..

Old 12-04-2012, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Anyone can cherrypick...

Cebu

Leyte

Chinese Filipino family, surname is "Ang" Check out how much the grandma resembles the girls you post. Yes, there are Chinese-Filipinos even on Leyte

Negros

Panay

Samar

But you'll probably say these are all ethnic minorities. Please dont waste your time because I already know you'll say it. My point- the Philippines has a mix of looks all over the country. Not one look is concentrated in one area and another look in another area. You're just creating imaginary racial lines to divide.

again those chinese in leyte have a chinese surname...

lol whats the point of you cherrypiking photos?? especially of people who are atypical of the region

Old 12-04-2012, 03:39 AM

3,635 posts, read 10,741,556 times
Quote:
again those chinese in leyte have a chinese surname...

lol whats the point of you cherrypiking photos?? especially of people who are atypical of the region
They're only atypical because you don't like how they look. These people definitely exist, in large numbers. And I used a lot of Samar & Leyte pics because those islands dont have Negrito populations, so you cant give me the ethnic minority BS. I'm showing that even though you can cherrypick some pics that go with your theory, anyone else can do the exact same and show the opposite of your theory. Neither is concrete proof. They're just pics that anyone can go and cherrypick to fit their "theories"

And this pic

comes from this article about K-Pop cover groups, so the pic is full of kids who are trying to look like Korean celebs. So it's not a good representation. Just like I wouldn't post a pic from Ati-Atihan because the people are trying to look black

Old 12-04-2012, 03:43 AM

Quote:

comes from this article about K-Pop cover groups, so the pic is full of kids who are trying to look like Korean celebs. So it's not a good representation. Just like I wouldn't post a pic from Ati-Atihan because the people are trying to look black
they just cover songs....they are illongo no matter what they wear
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia