Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2018, 02:30 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,896,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
They haven’t met yet. Hope they do and can accomplish something, but I don’t see it happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2018, 05:03 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,427,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
They haven’t met yet. Hope they do and can accomplish something, but I don’t see it happening.
Xi, Moon, and Abe are all aboard, it’s happening!

I told you guys it’ll happen, NK wants to survive and they know trump means business.

Denuclearization is eminent.

Old 03-09-2018, 07:10 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,896,255 times
Quote:

I told you guys it’ll happen, NK wants to survive and they know trump means business.

I applaud your optimism, but I’ll wait until they actually do something before I believe it. N Korea has always been all talk, no action.

I see it happening this way, what Iran did to Obama, N Korea is going to do to Trump. Both will get suckered into deals with no actual positive outcome.

I don’t believe anything about a country that uses its Olympic cheerleaders as sex slaves.

North Korea

Old 03-09-2018, 10:48 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,437,035 times
DPRK has been playing the same game for decades. I’m willing to bet that this time next year they would be just aggressive as ever.

Old 03-10-2018, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
DPRK has been playing the same game for decades. I’m willing to bet that this time next year they would be just aggressive as ever.
No no no no no.

Kim knows what’s at stake. Trump has got China in on the sanctions, NK is about to go bankrupt. The president will meet with Kim and a deal will be struck, mark my word.

Old 03-11-2018, 06:17 PM

16,553 posts, read 10,611,270 times
Quote:
No no no no no.

Kim knows what’s at stake. Trump has got China in on the sanctions, NK is about to go bankrupt. The president will meet with Kim and a deal will be struck, mark my word.
I hope you're right, though I'll admit to being not entirely optimistic. But if it does turn out to be a substantive deal, and actually leads to real progress towards defanging North Korea, then Trump will go down as one of the greatest presidents of our time.

Old 03-11-2018, 10:46 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,241,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I hope you're right, though I'll admit to being not entirely optimistic. But if it does turn out to be a substantive deal, and actually leads to real progress towards defanging North Korea, then Trump will go down as one of the greatest presidents of our time.
Pretty much where I'm at. I hope things progress for the better but based on Rocket Man's actions, I don't see him conceding to a loss of power and the use of ruthless means to keep it.

Old 03-12-2018, 05:23 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,881,675 times
Quote:

You didn't tell us anything in this thread that was accurate. In fact, almost everything you stated in your numerous posts on this thread was factually wrong.
Another thing contradictory is you seem to be giving credit for, not North Korea's desire for peace and unity as the fun loving country you claim it to be, but for the current US president's threats as forcing them to the bargaining table - those actions (sanctions and threats) which you were previously condemning.

Now, that being said, let's all hope indeed this is the first steps to stabilization in that region. Let's hope that it isn't one of N. Korea's many attempts to stall for time as they perfect there nuclear program, as they have done so many times before. Let's also hope the Trump doesn't fall for this diversion and misdirection as, again, so many presidents have in the past.

But remember your first post on this topic - this isn't "korea united". There is one goal here - denuclearization. And only then should talks continue.

Old 03-12-2018, 06:46 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,121 times
Quote:
Really? Then why do we have missiles and tanks and sanctions meant to “destroy the regime”. Imagine if a country occupied Canada and Mexico, armed the borders, did military drills, and then talked about when the US was going to “end”.

Americans would be bloodthirsty and angry. They would demand this occupying force be bomb to the ground and their children killed (keep in mind after 9/11 (which is nothing compared to what we do) average people were going on Howard Stern seriously saying we have to kill the kids or they’ll become terrorists).

I know you’ll say that is because NK is bad but just think for a second about the reverse propaganda the US is committing.
And yet it's still not an invasion. I don't think "invasion" means what you think it means.

Our military has never set foot in North Korea.

Old 03-12-2018, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
And yet it's still not an invasion. I don't think "invasion" means what you think it means.

Our military has never set foot in North Korea.
Not true.

Anyways NK is bad today (even if it’s the pentagon’s fault) and needs to be dealt with as such. Now that they are coming to the table North Korea can have internal reforms which will THEN lead to reunification.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia