Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 12:17 PM

239 posts, read 701,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinapride View Post
Southerenmeltdown,you just keep it going don't you?I got on this post just to see if you would track yet another thread I subscribed too,and lo and behold,you done it.You should know though,that every nagative posts you've made has been reported to the moderator and he has just responded to the "pull your pants up"thread and closed it.You like that though.Your so sick though,that not this or anything will stop you from chasing me over these threads with all your ramblings and nonsense,but I'm gonna be the one smiling when your membership here is restricted and nothing you say is going to get me mad enough to start cussing or name calling you.But it is a fact that you my friend,are one sick puppy with nothing else better to do but argue and cause trouble.Get off these forums that you have no interest in whatsoever and let these posteres have there discussions without interference from you harassing me.There is no reason why yety another thread should be close because of your sickness.But trust me on this,the moderator will intervene in this soon.Just can't be soon enough for me.You are so sick.
if you read the post it was a compliment to your hometown the tattoo parlor scam the cops pulled was brilliant and shut down one of the biggest gangs in augusta and took a lot of guns off the street.... but you can take it as you want but i thought is was a stroke of genius when i saw it on c.nn......by the way i also wanted you to see a link to a cop beating up a kid with baggy pants again supporting you comment on the subject the cop deal happened right near where i live and you also and i thought you might me interested. www.aikenstandard.com here is the link ......

Old 09-14-2008, 12:38 PM

i jus read the article on the gangs in camden...camden of all places ..i am shocked ...i wonder why???? drugs ??? i went to school in camden for a while and it was small town americana now kids are shooting each other....what could the crips,bloods or even m6 want in a small town??

Old 09-14-2008, 04:34 PM

191 posts, read 522,309 times
I'm not from Atlanta,but would just really like to know what the gangs are like up there.Is it mostly gang memberes fighting with other rival gangs or are they in concert with each other attacking anyone they can?How much of the violence and crime are contributed by gang memberes in Atlanta.We do have them down here in Augusta,just on a much smaller scale and a huge bust was made by police,and undercover agents this year to recover stolen guns which many of them had gotton out of pawn shop and several arrests were made.But I just wanted to know from someone who lives in Atlanta,to enlighten me on the gang activity there.

Old 09-14-2008, 05:35 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,490,386 times
Quote:
I'm not from Atlanta,but would just really like to know what the gangs are like up there.Is it mostly gang memberes fighting with other rival gangs or are they in concert with each other attacking anyone they can?How much of the violence and crime are contributed by gang memberes in Atlanta.We do have them down here in Augusta,just on a much smaller scale and a huge bust was made by police,and undercover agents this year to recover stolen guns which many of them had gotton out of pawn shop and several arrests were made.But I just wanted to know from someone who lives in Atlanta,to enlighten me on the gang activity there.
A previous thread>>>
http://www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...ang-stuff.html

I assume that law enforcement agencies across the metro area have been effective in limiting the gang activity.

Old 09-14-2008, 06:30 PM

i understand why the gangs are in the cities but what is the purpose of small towns... there isn"t that many people wanting drugs???????/and not that many kids to recruit???????? it should be easy to show them the door there, not many places to hide?

Old 09-14-2008, 06:36 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,682,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmeltdown View Post
i understand why the gangs are in the cities but what is the purpose of small towns... there isn"t that many people wanting drugs???????/and not that many kids to recruit???????? it should be easy to show them the door there, not many places to hide?
mainly b/c they are either from illegals, or preying on the illegals.

The episode focuses on them being centered and based in the transient n-hoods.

Old 09-14-2008, 07:20 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,199,422 times
Quote:
Well, I live in Chicago area(Cook County) and I seen the gangland episode a couple of days ago. The hispanic gangs that they showed in Atlanta are Chicago & Los Angeles gangs and they move to Atlanta. Atlanta is not known for gang problems and most of the gangs in Atlanta came from Chicago and LA. Atlanta gang problems is not even close to the problem they have in CHicago and Los Angeles.

Old 09-14-2008, 07:24 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,682,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluchidog View Post
Well, I live in Chicago area(Cook County) and I seen the gangland episode a couple of days ago. The hispanic gangs that they showed in Atlanta are Chicago & Los Angeles gangs and they move to Atlanta. Atlanta is not known for gang problems and most of the gangs in Atlanta came from Chicago and LA. Atlanta gang problems is not even close to the problem they have in CHicago and Los Angeles.

I got car jacked/kid knapped in Buckhead about 5 years ago by Mexican gang bangers, you can search on my name as I have posted my police report.

It's been a problem for some time, just most people don't know about it.

Old 09-14-2008, 07:26 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,199,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeasisrael View Post
You know I was thinking of posting something on here about that show. Because I watched that show in total shock! First I was surprised that the gang was hispanic. I must admit when I have thought of Atlanta I don't think hispanic. As one considering a move there, seriously considering it(even though many say hell no) I was a bit taken back. And then why has there not been more coverage on this gang. Is this Atlanta's lil dirty secret they don't want anyone to know about? Is is still as bad? And are there really a ton of Hispanics there like here in Los Angeles where I am? This ain't gon be poliitcally correct but I'm trying to get away form all this damn spanish. Anyway the show really made me think harder about Atlanta. I'm tired of all that kind of shyt taking. I want to leave somewhere peaceful.
Atlanta is very new to the gang culture. The gang problem is not as establish like it is in Chicago and Los Angeles. And to answer your question, Atlanta does not have alot of hispanics in the city limit. There is only 50,000-60,000 hispanics in the city limits. And by the way, that was racist remark what you said about latinos. Not all latinos are like that.

Old 09-14-2008, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluchidog View Post
i was in chitown about a month or so ago and they had 11 gangland killings in one weekend.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta