Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2009, 03:42 PM

256 posts, read 750,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt6974a View Post
Sounds like someone got their feelings hurt, so sad.....where's the racist talk, all I can see is facts pointed out and you've obviously taken offense.

I don't have any problems with Latinos. I have problems with illegal latinos and gang bang'n latinos, and actually all illegals and gang bangers regardless of race.....

They're all scum and/or law breakers!
Saying all illegal immigrants are scum is racist and xenophobic, whether you want to believe it or not.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:28 PM

37 posts, read 134,050 times
This article was rather informative:

Atlanta's gang problem > SundayPaper.com > The Sunday Paper :: All you need to know. (http://www.sundaypaper.com/More/Archives/tabid/98/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/3956/Atlantas-gang-problem.aspx - broken link)

From what I've been reading, there's a big difference between the small-time neighborhood gangs and the nationally-run organized criminal enterprises. Heck, any group of teenagers who wants to look bad-ass can start tagging buildings and make up their own gang name, but they're usually pretty disorganized and get caught easily. I suspect they come and go a lot.

Most of the news lately has been about the drug cartel bust in Gwinnett County, and not on local street gangs. General gang activity doesn't seem to make the news unless there is a BIG bust, or someone gets killed or hurt (usually someone white or a business owner). And the Mexican gangs have reportedly been behind some of the kidnappings, and attempted kidnappings, outside the perimeter. They're far more serious business.

The APD does have a specialized branch dealing with gang activity, though I'm not sure how long they've been active, or how "undercover" they operate. They were the cops involved with the "30 Deep" arrests recently:

Several arrested in blue jean, TV thefts | ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/traffic/content/metro/atlanta/stories/2009/05/15/blue_jean_thefts.html - broken link)

On the positive side, I'd like to believe that a large number of local gangs ceased to exist after certain notorious housing projects were razed in the last decade or so. But having not grown up in Atlanta, I can only base that belief on the forum posts I've seen by former residents, who talk about the "old gangs" that used to dominate certain parts of town, such as Down By Law in East Lake Village. When you hear about cops busting members of newer street gangs in Atlanta, the members are very young, not part of any old-school group.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:33 AM

1,352 posts, read 4,375,025 times
There are no gangs in atlanta. It is just misguided children and street artists..

right?

Old 06-10-2009, 07:04 AM

32 posts, read 158,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcola110 View Post
Hmmm gang membership is on the raise across the country. Youth that is adding to the numbers. Some areas of the country just haven't made the nightly news yet. We need people joining the Big Brothers, Big Sisters program to volunteer and mentor these young minds. For parents that sit at home all day, too get off their duffs and do something positive with their children and education them on doing good and respecting others.

That's the whole reason why this country has gone to hell hole with these children today. Yes some parents (single & couples) are working long hours to support their families, but darn, know where your kids are at and who they are hanging with. You've brought them a cell phone, call them to find out what they are up too! If you're going to be working all day until late hours, have a responsible neighbor or adult relative too care for and supervise your children until you or one of you arrive home. Stop telling neighbors to "mind their business" if they tell you your children has been misbehaving. M2Cents

Oh yes, totally agree! I just moved down here w/ my sister in Stone Mountain, and let me tell you: my son & my niece were playing outside on a Saturday. This little boy that they're playing with outside keeps coming into our house(the screen door was open so we could see the kids). Now the neighborhood we live in has plenty of children for them to play with, and parents that stay at home all day. This little boy could be no older than 2 or 3, so I ask him where is his mommy at; he just keeps mumbling about wanting to eat..so I ask my son where did they find the little boy at; he says next door. So I told him to take him back to his mother next door; she doesn't want to answer her door, but i know she's home b/c her car is still there. I am 23 y/o; I should not have to tell any 30 y/o woman or any woman with kids for that matter that if you wanted your child to come over next door that you should have at least said something to us; do NOT leave your kids outside and "think" they're going to be alright; if you see another adult out there, just politely ask them to watch your kids while you take a shower or something(which is what this mother claimed to be doing). I don't understand it

Old 06-10-2009, 02:42 PM

2,061 posts, read 3,737,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityrover View Post
There are no gangs in atlanta. It is just misguided children and street artists..

right?
VERY WRONG... Sorry, but Atlanta is on the rise quickly among the gang infested cities. It's not as big of a problem for the suburbs, but it's very alive an kicking IN the city limits

-FOLK is HUGE in Atlanta. HUGE...
-Bloods are big and growing fast in Atlanta
-Vice Lords are around in Atlanta and growing fast as well
-Crips, haven't seen any (but that's not to say they don't exist)
-Stones have been seen there.
-MS-13 are alive in Gwinnett and Atlanta
-La Eme's (MM) are growing in Atlanta and Gwinnett
-Hammerheads are pretty big in Gwinnett (not hard to believe though)
-Hammerskins are growing fast there to
-Murder Inc., there's word that they have been doing business in the Atlanta region. Nothing official, but they are some dangerous people...
-Dem Gotti Boyz are alive in Atlanta. Transplants from New Orleans looking to make a new home.

And by the way not all gang problems are caused by "illegal immigrants" and minorities... Hammerheads, Hammerskins and especially Murder Inc. are all VERY viciously dangerous white gangs... Murder Inc. is big in Maryland (where I live now) and those guys are pretty dangerous.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:35 PM

750 posts, read 2,276,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykomonkee View Post
VERY WRONG... Sorry, but Atlanta is on the rise quickly among the gang infested cities. It's not as big of a problem for the suburbs, but it's very alive an kicking IN the city limits

-Murder Inc., there's word that they have been doing business in the Atlanta region. Nothing official, but they are some dangerous people...
-Dem Gotti Boyz are alive in Atlanta. Transplants from New Orleans looking to make a new home.

And by the way not all gang problems are caused by "illegal immigrants" and minorities... Hammerheads, Hammerskins and especially Murder Inc. are all VERY viciously dangerous white gangs... Murder Inc. is big in Maryland (where I live now) and those guys are pretty dangerous.

How did you come across any of this?

Old 06-11-2009, 02:56 AM

58 posts, read 221,061 times
Quote:

It's interesting you mention the White gangs, they seem to always be left out of these kinds of discussions. There are a good amount of skinheads and biker gangs. I'd always heard of the Confederate Hammerskins being based in the Marietta/Cobb area. There's also a group called the United Skinheads of Atlanta. As far as bikers go there's the Outlaws motorcycle club, whom have several Atlanta area chapters.

Last edited by bhoffman; 06-11-2009 at 03:26 AM..

Old 06-12-2009, 10:58 AM

1,352 posts, read 4,375,025 times
Quote:

You missed my sarcasm. But thats how certain people justify the signs and ignore the problems. So like i said, no gang problem. Just misguided youth. And no gang graffitti problem and defacing of others property.. just street artists! Cause its pretty.

Cobb cracks on that quite a bit. The libs in downtown adore the "art" and pretend there is nothing to it. Thats what i was getting at.

But since you brought it up, show me where there are hammerskins in atlanta. You know that is a lie so why even say it?

MS13 are whereever there are spanish speakers. period.

Bloods and crips are whereever black people are. Anywhere. Period.

Those 2 are cultural things more than anything else. Its hip to be in them if you are of certain origin. Snap, half the bloods and crip "members" have no idea what the two even stand for! Its ridiculous.

murder inc? wrong.

folks isnt a gang. its is union of gangs. its members are still members to other gangs.

Last edited by cityrover; 06-12-2009 at 11:06 AM..

Old 07-17-2009, 09:46 PM

1 posts, read 28,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioNative View Post
The Hispanic gangs seem to be the most prevalent here, at least in the suburbs, although you do hear very rarely about crime associated with an Asian gang, like the shooting at the TGIFriday's on Pleasant Hill a few years ago. In most areas here, especially Gwinnett, when you see gang grafitti, it is from Hispanic gangs like Sur 13 and the Pachucos (spelling?). Gang grafitti is all over Gwinnett, and I have never seen Blood, Crip, or Folks grafitti (which I recognize from living in Detroit), nor have there been any reports of those gangs in the news. I'm sure they are out there, but perhaps not as visible.
There is a pretty large gang in the atlanta but its very kept to their privacy because the things that happen is kept within the gangs. There is a wide of different gangs , such as the crips that had different sets such as AbG, AGC, ACb,AbZ and the Bloods had TVB, CKC, TLB, TOB and more crips and bloods. lets not forget about TRG and LAR that recently came into Atlanta.also Wa Ching gang was also mentioned. The asian gang was not base within colors and some times you even see two different gangs from Blue, Red, Grey, and Yellow hanging out with eachother. the funny thing is that it seems that all the conflict is within the colors of the sets. with the whole case with The TGIFridays that was mentioned in fact he is one of my friends brother that died. He died instantly a few years back. i think back in 2000 or 2001 on pleasent hill rd near the bestbuys. i remember because i was in jail. then later the shoot was sharing the same pod as me and in the cell next to me. Me and him are actually rivals. later we found out the guy that he shot had a cousin that was in the same pod as us. he later moved because he couldnt be around his cousins murder. i forgot to mention, i was a gang memeber before. i was in fact one of the most known asian gang memebr on the eastcoast. with the whole graffiti thing where were some that were made by asian but if there was any it was done by a younger gang memeber that is trying to get his name out there. Asian gangs are a whole different way of gangs compared to the other gangs that people may assumed gangs should be. Asian gangs are more organzied and really strick when it comes to the rules about the life style they have chosen. if anyone wants to know more they can email me at [EMAIL="Hieutle81@gmail.com"]Hieutle81@gmail.com[/EMAIL]. there is a lot more just so much stories and so much to explain.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:24 PM

573 posts, read 2,505,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
It is the magazine dated December 22, 2008. Front cover Mexican Meltdown.
Starts on page 73.
One of the quotes in the article on page 80.
"THE CARTEL HAVE FOUND OPPORTUNITY IN AMERICA. ATLANTA IS NOW A MAIN DISTRIBUTION CENTER FOR COCAINE".
It's partially because of Atlanta's location. Just look at a map; I-10 hooks up with I-20 right near the Mexican border. I-20 is a straight shot on a major freeway network to Atlanta, from which you can go right up the east coast via I-85 to I-95, which will take you from DC to Baltimore to Philly to New York and even Boston if you're ambitious. From Atlanta you can also easily get to Chicago and other portions of the midwest. The lax police can't do anything but contribute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta