Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2021, 05:51 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times

Advertisements

Wednesday - October 20th - Boston

Framber and Yordan Night

7-1 Astros lead in the top of the 8th with 1 out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2021, 06:54 PM

Love the result.

(turns out it's the first time in post season history that three games in a row were decided by seven or more runs)

But chickens shouldn't be counted before they are hatched (2019 - same game ratio and location scenario)

Old 10-22-2021, 01:03 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Default Astros + Braves = World Series

Just when things got a bit dark earlier in the week, the Astros suddenly had a sleeping beast wake up. Yes, the offense came back through the last couple of games, but a big thanks to Framber Valdez with an 8-inning gem on Wednesday. Absolutely brilliant!

The 'Stros are coming home tonight to hopefully wrap this Boston series up and get right back to the Fall Classic. I'm looking forward to big things happening after the Braves can hopefully finish off the Dodgers in Hotlanta and win this time around. A reunion of one of the old NLCS foes may well be in the offing, and such will be fun to watch.

And no, RMESMH, we won't count our chickens, but Houston did win Game 1 at home, so this won't be a repeat of that Nat'nals letdown from '19. Can't see that happening now. Astros will have a rested bullpen tonight.

Old 10-22-2021, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Just when things got a bit dark earlier in the week, the Astros suddenly had a sleeping beast wake up. Yes, the offense came back through the last couple of games, but a big thanks to Framber Valdez with an 8-inning gem on Wednesday. Absolutely brilliant!

The 'Stros are coming home tonight to hopefully wrap this Boston series up and get right back to the Fall Classic. I'm looking forward to big things happening after the Braves can hopefully finish off the Dodgers in Hotlanta and win this time around. A reunion of one of the old NLCS foes may well be in the offing, and such will be fun to watch.

And no, RMESMH, we won't count our chickens, but Houston did win Game 1 at home, so this won't be a repeat of that Nat'nals letdown from '19. Can't see that happening now. Astros will have a rested bullpen tonight.
Hopefully !!!!! (Meaning the matchup)

As of a few minutes ago……..game is over and we’re in with a 5-0 win .

Let’s hope Atlanta wins tomorrow in Atlanta so that the World Series starts here in Texas on Tuesday !!!!!

Old 10-22-2021, 10:14 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
This team is amazing! Definitely the golden era of Astros baseball! I’ve been an Astros fan since 1980 and this is sweet indeed!

Old 10-22-2021, 11:32 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

Let’s hope Atlanta wins tomorrow in Atlanta so that the World Series starts here in Texas on Tuesday !!!!!

I'd like to have home field but the Braves make me more nervous than the Dodgers. The Braves feel like the Nationals - a darkhorse entering the playoffs but red hot at the right time. The Dodgers are limping right now.

Old 10-23-2021, 06:27 AM

25,735 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Congrats to the Astro's & their fans for beating the Red Sox, and making it to the World Series again. Well played indeed!

Enjoy the moment.

Old 10-23-2021, 08:10 PM

Thumbs up Astros Get AL Pennant

Great game Friday night. Pennant fever in Houston once again!!! Astros took care of business and now await the results of the NLCS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

So far, at this writing, Atlanta leads Game 6 in the 6th, 4-1. Fingers crossed, but the Braves have some momentum going right now. The Astros' players will be more than well-rested.

Old 10-23-2021, 09:50 PM

Default Astros Will Face The Braves In Fall Classic

It's over in Atlanta, and Houston will face the Braves. Now, it's World Series time!

The Astros will have home field advantage throughout, and even though it hasn't meant much in recent years, I think this year's event will play nicely. Tuesday night, here we come!

Old 10-24-2021, 06:56 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Dodgers are my team - but they are banged up. Braves would make a better series.

Astros are my second team since I have lived in the area forever. I do miss Springer. I enjoyed watching him swing the bat.

We will see if the young pitchers can hold up for another game or two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball