Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2022, 06:32 PM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Sweep in Seattle .

Astros win 8-5.

Final out = a couple of minutes ago.

Not a surprise. Seattle had a nice winning streak beating bad teams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2022, 07:43 PM

6,901 posts, read 3,742,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Not a surprise. Seattle had a nice winning streak beating bad teams.
speaking of bad teams

Old 07-31-2022, 02:36 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
After blowing out the Mariners by ten runs on Friday (night before last), Pressly blew a save (blown save #4 for the season) in the ninth last night and the Astros lost 5-4.

Old 08-02-2022, 04:02 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,951,424 times
The Astros had a great last 24 hours, as they've acquired Trey Mancini, Christian Vasquez, and Will Smith to bolster their roster as the team readies for the postseason. I'll grade all this an A-plus. They've got to get busy now and bounce back against a floundering Red Sox team at Minute Maid. Things are really going to get real good real soon!

Old 08-02-2022, 05:43 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
The Astros had a great last 24 hours, as they've acquired Trey Mancini, Christian Vasquez, and Will Smith to bolster their roster as the team readies for the postseason. I'll grade all this an A-plus. They've got to get busy now and bounce back against a floundering Red Sox team at Minute Maid. Things are really going to get real good real soon!

I'll withhold judgment on Will Smith. His ERA is higher than anyone else we have except Blanco and Baez. Atlanta fans are pretty happy to see him go.

Old 08-02-2022, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I'll withhold judgment on Will Smith. His ERA is higher than anyone else we have except Blanco and Baez. Atlanta fans are pretty happy to see him go.
I'm well aware of Smith's ERA, but that won't mean he can't turn things around. Changes of scene can be a good thing. When he's on his game, he can make a great 1-2 punch with Ryan Pressly. We'll know soon just how Dusty wants to use him.

Old 08-03-2022, 05:55 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
I'm well aware of Smith's ERA, but that won't mean he can't turn things around. Changes of scene can be a good thing. When he's on his game, he can make a great 1-2 punch with Ryan Pressly. We'll know soon just how Dusty wants to use him.

That's why I said I'll withhold judgment but while some struggling players turn it around with a change of scenery, most continue to struggle. Lefty righty splits are overrated. A pitcher's stuff matters more.

Old 08-06-2022, 06:05 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:

And (judging by the time stamp that I'm seeing on your post....which might be incorrect...the system sometimes changes this (probably to make posts look 'fresher')) a few hours after your post, Mancini hit two home runs in the same game, the second a grand slam, his second and third home runs as an Astro, in the Astros 9-3 win over Cleveland.

Old 08-07-2022, 08:57 AM

17,307 posts, read 22,039,209 times
Quote:

I was in the stadium when Vasquez got traded, Sox won that night 3-2 and Sox fans were a minority for sure in that crowd but it was a great vibe in that stadium/fans. I bailed in the 7th inning because I needed to get back to the other side of Houston and was concerned about traffic but the score never changed so I saw all the action!

Old 08-07-2022, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
And (judging by the time stamp that I'm seeing on your post....which might be incorrect...the system sometimes changes this (probably to make posts look 'fresher')) a few hours after your post, Mancini hit two home runs in the same game, the second a grand slam, his second and third home runs as an Astro, in the Astros 9-3 win over Cleveland.
This will prove to be a great pickup for Houston over time. Today, we just saw a pitchers' duel and the Astros just never got anything going. Fortunately, it's time for them to get back home so that Mancini could have some more fun with the Crawford Boxes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
I was in the stadium when Vasquez got traded, Sox won that night 3-2 and Sox fans were a minority for sure in that crowd but it was a great vibe in that stadium/fans. I bailed in the 7th inning because I needed to get back to the other side of Houston and was concerned about traffic but the score never changed so I saw all the action!
Astros' fans are impatient. We just need to give Vazquez some time. He has one hit so far since the trade, but then, he's only started twice. Let's give this a month to properly gauge whatever he ends up putting together. His defense and handling of pitchers will be just fine. If anything, it's a major upgrade over a seriously-declining Jason Castro (who previously did express intent to retire but hasn't made it official), but it may or may not make Korey Lee expendable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball