Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2022, 06:15 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times

Advertisements

Astros have taken 3 out of 4 from Kansas City. They now travel out to Oakland, where they should have no problem in this weekend series. Justin Verlander is on pace to win 20 games, and if he stays healthy, then it's a real possibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2022, 05:00 PM

Houston will have five representatives in this year's All-Star Game. Jose Altuve will be named as a starter for the game. The other folks will be Yordan Alvarez, Kyle Tucker, Justin Verlander, and Framber Valdez. Well-done, guys!

Old 07-20-2022, 05:21 AM

1 posts, read 326 times
I am in HOU for a couple days and would like to catch my first MLB games. The Astros have a double-header on Thursday with the Yankees at 12:10 and 5:40. Three questions:
1. Does anyone know if this is single admission? If not, will I get run out between games?
2. Will I be allowed to take in a small satchel with a laptop so I can get some work done in intermissions?
3. Where is the best place to purchase tickets or does it matter? I want to sit way up as high as I can so I can work and watch at the same time.

Old 07-21-2022, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJames3451 View Post
I am in HOU for a couple days and would like to catch my first MLB games. The Astros have a double-header on Thursday with the Yankees at 12:10 and 5:40. Three questions:
1. Does anyone know if this is single admission? If not, will I get run out between games?
2. Will I be allowed to take in a small satchel with a laptop so I can get some work done in intermissions?
3. Where is the best place to purchase tickets or does it matter? I want to sit way up as high as I can so I can work and watch at the same time.
I realize I'm a bit late for advice. If you want tickets, then you'll have to get them online only. This is where MLB is going as far as tickets are concerned. And at this juncture, Game 2 starts in a scant few minutes, and you might be able to squeeze in an individual seat if any are still left in the upper deck. That first game was pretty packed.

Regarding your satchel, I would NOT recommend you take one in.

Old 07-21-2022, 04:15 PM

Astros get their second half off to a good start, winning Game 1 of the Yankees double-header, 3-2.

Houston has won their season series over New York (at least 4 games to 2) and the nightcap starts in just a bit!

Old 07-22-2022, 01:56 AM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times
For how good the Yankees have been this year, the Astros haven't gotten any publicity at all, and the Astros beat them up in the regular season. Yankees batters came to the plate 218 times in the 7 games spaced out over about a months time, and in not one of those 218 times did they take an at bat with a lead. And not that they needed the win in the second game to win the season series, but now winning the season series if the 2 teams are tied at the end of the regular season, guess where the ALCS would start?? Yup, Houston. And the 'Stros are only 2.5 games back of the Bombers! Listening to the talking heads, you would think the Yankees are still in front by 10 games!

Old 07-22-2022, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
For how good the Yankees have been this year, the Astros haven't gotten any publicity at all, and the Astros beat them up in the regular season. Yankees batters came to the plate 218 times in the 7 games spaced out over about a months time, and in not one of those 218 times did they take an at bat with a lead. And not that they needed the win in the second game to win the season series, but now winning the season series if the 2 teams are tied at the end of the regular season, guess where the ALCS would start?? Yup, Houston. And the 'Stros are only 2.5 games back of the Bombers! Listening to the talking heads, you would think the Yankees are still in front by 10 games!

7E, for whatever the reason, the sports media (except for MLB Network) just can't accept that the Houston Astros are good. They've been rebuilt a decade ago so they can reach heights never before reached in franchise history, and they've had a sustainable winner. Right now, as you know, the club is experiencing its best run ever. While some folks are saying, "The window is closing", I don't believe that. We just had our best draft in about four or five years and are going to replenish our farm system, but all the while, we still have been able to bring up guys like Jeremy Pena into the league. He might actually become better than Carlos Correa ever was. I think Jake Meyers will become a star outfielder in this league. And our starting pitching has become the talk of the league with what they've been accomplishing this year. If they manage to keep it up, 7E, then they'll successfully get Dusty Baker that coveted World title as a manager.

And how many clubs can brag about player development? The Astros have been the best in that role the last few years. Kyle Tucker, Jeremy Pena, Framber Valdez, Luis Garcia, and Jose Urquidy are great examples.

I'd rather get my baseball talking heads commentary from MLB Network and not the other guys. Just saying.

Old 07-22-2022, 06:43 PM

Astros swept the Yankees! Brooms everywhere.

Now, Houston must take care of business against what's been a resurgent Seattle team. This will be a good series.

Old 07-24-2022, 02:19 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Astros swept the Yankees! Brooms everywhere.

Now, Houston must take care of business against what's been a resurgent Seattle team. This will be a good series.
And Altuve gets the first scoring strike towards a sweep of Seattle...he just hit the first pitch of the game 409 feet for a home run .

Then, as I started typing this, Pena hits one out!

Then Tucker singled.

Then Bregman hit into a DP.

Yuli now batting.

ETA: Yuli flied out. End of the first in Game 3 vs. Seattle. Astros won the first two.

Old 07-24-2022, 05:24 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
And Altuve gets the first scoring strike towards a sweep of Seattle...he just hit the first pitch of the game 409 feet for a home run .

Then, as I started typing this, Pena hits one out!

Then Tucker singled.

Then Bregman hit into a DP.

Yuli now batting.

ETA: Yuli flied out. End of the first in Game 3 vs. Seattle. Astros won the first two.
Sweep in Seattle .

Astros win 8-5.

Final out = a couple of minutes ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball