U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-14-2011, 07:59 AM
 
Location: Englewood, Near Eastside Indy
8,345 posts, read 14,134,604 times
Reputation: 5966

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah. The Celtics are looking *awful* relative to where they once were. The beat down vs. the heat sunday with HCA on the line was very telling too.

It would be nice for the Bulls to reach the finals because they thier path cleared by the Celtics trading Perkins and next year I expect the Heat to have added some key pieces and be even tougher.
The Celtics have been coasting for a month or so, and do not seem interested in HCA at all. Funny, in 2010 everyone was writing off the C's as looking old and slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I cannot believe this team ended up with the best record in the NBA, what a great season. I am sure this is not warranted, but I mildly worried about the Pacers. If the Bulls weren't my team, Id probably pencil them in for a sweep though
You should be. The Pacer express is not afraid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-14-2011, 08:39 AM
 
52,109 posts, read 41,945,215 times
Reputation: 32529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
The Celtics have been coasting for a month or so, and do not seem interested in HCA at all. Funny, in 2010 everyone was writing off the C's as looking old and slow.



You should be. The Pacer express is not afraid.
1) The Celtics weren't coasting. They've not dialed back the minutes and post-Perkins they've not looked so good. (Talking about the last 20 games or so in particular)

2) The Pacers are the 21st best team in the NBA (They'd be about 13th in the West) so I'm not even mildly worried about losing to what really isn't even a playoff quality team.

Bulls - Heat in the ECF with the Bulls advancing to face the spurs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2011, 08:51 AM
 
Location: Englewood, Near Eastside Indy
8,345 posts, read 14,134,604 times
Reputation: 5966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
1) The Celtics weren't coasting. They've not dialed back the minutes and post-Perkins they've not looked so good. (Talking about the last 20 games or so in particular)
The C's have been running a vanilla offense since early March. They have the look of a team coasting. They have the look of a team that is not worried about seeding, which would make sense, considering they were a 4 seed when they won the East last year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2011, 11:00 AM
 
52,109 posts, read 41,945,215 times
Reputation: 32529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
The C's have been running a vanilla offense since early March. They have the look of a team coasting. They have the look of a team that is not worried about seeding, which would make sense, considering they were a 4 seed when they won the East last year.
You make some decent points and I absolutely agree that HCA is over-rated especially if it came at the cost of being injured or tired going into the playoffs. In support of your statement the Celtics finished the last 20 games last year 10-10.

I think it is a little different though this year after the Perkins trade but I could be wrong or perhaps a better way to word it might be that we merely disagree about the extent of the coasting.

At a minimum, even if they are coasting....they are in for a much much tougher fight in the east as the Heat and Bulls this year are a lot better than last years Cleveland and Orlando etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2011, 03:30 PM
 
Location: In San Antonio
1,673 posts, read 2,725,498 times
Reputation: 1242
I dont see them in the Finals due to lack of experience. Plan and simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2011, 08:00 PM
 
52,109 posts, read 41,945,215 times
Reputation: 32529
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFerrari View Post
I dont see them in the Finals due to lack of experience. Plan and simple.
That is certainly a knock against them...but they have been the dominant eastern team this season after a slow start. I think their edge over either the Celtics or Heat is enough to make up for the lack of deep playoff experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2011, 08:25 PM
 
Location: Chicago
3,569 posts, read 6,035,326 times
Reputation: 2577
Fun to read the old posts doubting them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2011, 08:58 AM
JL
 
7,355 posts, read 11,912,333 times
Reputation: 7198
I only thought the Bulls were the best defensive team in the league, but I didn't realize the Bulls were also the best rebounding team in the NBA . I thought the Lakers were the best rebounding team. Did anyone see Dr. Jack Ramsey's pick for DPOY?.....LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2011, 09:25 AM
 
52,109 posts, read 41,945,215 times
Reputation: 32529
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
I only thought the Bulls were the best defensive team in the league, but I didn't realize the Bulls were also the best rebounding team in the NBA . I thought the Lakers were the best rebounding team. Did anyone see Dr. Jack Ramsey's pick for DPOY?.....LOL
Yeah, the Bulls slaughter teams on the boards. Check out the box scores from when they play the Celtics and Heat.

This is why I think the Bulls will make the Finals....they just match-up well vs. those two team in particular as (especially post perkins) those teams are both vulnerable to "size" unlike say a healthy lakers or spurs team.

P.S. I don't need to see his pick for DPOY, if it isn't Dwight Howard it's wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2011, 10:13 AM
JL
 
7,355 posts, read 11,912,333 times
Reputation: 7198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, the Bulls slaughter teams on the boards. Check out the box scores from when they play the Celtics and Heat.

This is why I think the Bulls will make the Finals....they just match-up well vs. those two team in particular as (especially post perkins) those teams are both vulnerable to "size" unlike say a healthy lakers or spurs team.

P.S. I don't need to see his pick for DPOY, if it isn't Dwight Howard it's wrong.
I'm pretty sure you wouldn't mind even if it wasn't DH...take a look

ESPN.com picks:2010-11 Defensive Player of the Year is the Orlando Magic's Dwight Howard - ESPN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top