Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Lakers or Mavs
Lakers 9 60.00%
Mavs 6 40.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 05:38 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,645,125 times

Advertisements

Well, it was bad to see them go out in 4 just like that. Dallas may just win this thing (I think that they'll give Miami fits...especially if they try to put Lebron on Dirk, assuming either team makes it).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2011, 05:44 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshadower View Post
No, dude. My city deserves much better than that. Phil Jackson deserves WAY more than that. All loyal Laker fans deserve more than that.
TVandSportsGuy, listen to a REAL fan of basketball. Kudos to you Lifeshadower, from a Mavs fan.

Old 05-08-2011, 05:53 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Mavs showed no class either by launching up THREE After THREE when they were already up 36

Old 05-08-2011, 06:04 PM

2,684 posts, read 7,384,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
TVandSportsGuy, listen to a REAL fan of basketball. Kudos to you Lifeshadower, from a Mavs fan.
Hey, it shamed me watching that, as a lifelong Laker fan. These people are lauded as heroes here in Los Angeles, and a role model for many young people here. Is that the kind of example they want to show to people here, when you don't win, you act like babies? That's not the team I wanna see win!

That just goes to show you that many of the Laker players need to be brought back down to earth.

Again, Mavericks straight out outplayed the Lakers. Everyone knows it. I wish you all the best for the finals! DFW sports have been going through somewhat of a rough period lately (Cowboys flopping last season, Rangers losing the world series, etc.), so I wish you guys the best!

However, if its against the Chicago Bulls, the 1990s kid has to come out of me and cheer for the Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Mavs showed no class either by launching up THREE After THREE when they were already up 36
The REAL question is why did the Lakers defense allow them to make so many 3s?

Old 05-08-2011, 06:08 PM

3,569 posts, read 7,199,361 times
Quote:
Like I said.
You're always wrong.

Old 05-08-2011, 06:09 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshadower View Post
Hey, it shamed me watching that, as a lifelong Laker fan. These people are lauded as heroes here in Los Angeles, and a role model for many young people here. Is that the kind of example they want to show to people here, when you don't win, you act like babies? That's not the team I wanna see win!

That just goes to show you that many of the Laker players need to be brought back down to earth.

Again, Mavericks straight out outplayed the Lakers. Everyone knows it. I wish you all the best for the finals! DFW sports have been going through somewhat of a rough period lately (Cowboys flopping last season, Rangers losing the world series, etc.), so I wish you guys the best!

However, if its against the Chicago Bulls, the 1990s kid has to come out of me and cheer for the Bulls

The REAL question is why did the Lakers defense allow them to make so many 3s?
No the question is why keep shooting them with the game was no longer in reach?

Old 05-08-2011, 06:34 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
Quote:
No the question is why keep shooting them with the game was no longer in reach?
Fairly obvious. If they're going to get assaulted from shooting in the paint then they'll just have to shoot from outside.

Did you go to LA schools? Or what?

Old 05-08-2011, 06:55 PM

977 posts, read 1,956,497 times
I thought they should have left all the starters in there to run up the score after the Flakers dished out those cheap shots. Can't blame Dallas for making all their threes. Especially the ones at the end that were taken after they ran the shot clock all the way down. What are they supposed to do, just sit there and let the shot clock run out? Typical clueless Flaker fan.

Old 05-08-2011, 07:02 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
I thought they should have left all the starters in there to run up the score after the Flakers dished out those cheap shots. Can't blame Dallas for making all their threes. Especially the ones at the end that were taken after they ran the shot clock all the way down. What are they supposed to do, just sit there and let the shot clock run out? Typical clueless Flaker fan.
It wasn't a cheap shot, it's called MAN BALL

Old 05-08-2011, 07:11 PM

433 posts, read 876,049 times
Another reason why Kobe could never be the goat....That belongs to his Airness. The Lakers will heavily pursue D. Howard in some bogus trade and the media will begin the hype.. It already has begun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball