Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2012, 10:19 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,100,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You show up after his bad games clueless as usual and ignoring the 2 previous games where he played well on the road vs Milwaukee and the Spurs.

<reaching for ignore.........>
Wasn't those garbage points in the spurs game because he was put in the game in the last minute and he started stat padding in order to get to 14 pts?

Old 03-12-2012, 10:21 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,118,312 times
Quote:
You show up after his bad games clueless as usual and ignoring the 2 previous games where he played well on the road vs Milwaukee and the Spurs.

<reaching for ignore.........>
lin didnt play well vs the spurs.

yeah he had 20 points but his last 8 points where in the last 2 minutes of the game that was well in hand for the spurs and against gary neal who isnt exactly a great defender. parker was already benched. before that point he was 3-11 shooting on the day, and he looked completely lost. as a mater of fact, davis took his 4th quarter minutes and he played garbage time.

dont let the numbers fool you, he didnt play well at all, parker destroyed him and davis both.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:48 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,118,312 times
speaking of that game, looks like the cheap/hard shot that baron davis put on tj ford has knocked ford out for the season and likely ended fords career! tj announced today that he is out for the season with his back injury, and is talking/contemplating retirement.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:03 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post

yeah he had 20 points but his last 8 points where in the last 2 minutes of the game that was well in hand for the spurs and against gary neal who isnt exactly a great defender. parker was already benched. before that point he was 3-11 shooting on the day, and he looked completely lost. as a mater of fact, davis took his 4th quarter minutes and he played garbage time.

dont let the numbers fool you, he didnt play well at all, parker destroyed him and davis both.
Thanks You, I don't care nothing about Lin scoring 20 pts when the team still lost the game and he was just trying to pad his stats. I found out from another board that he scored
8 pts in the last 2 mins-lol

Old 03-12-2012, 11:04 AM

78,643 posts, read 60,823,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post

Oh, I know parker destroyed them....he is an elite PG playing great.
Just pointing out the hypocrisy of zooming in on his bad spots and ignoring all other information and being hyper-critical of a guy that isn't a *good* player.

Now if Lin is making $6mil a year as a starting PG 3-4 years into the league and still playing at this level then by all means skewer the guy. It's just funny watching Melo, Amare, Arenas and other bigtime players with max contracts around the league playing like crap and getting a pass while people take turns beating on Lin for his game.

Damn, just go look at Fisher, Peas and Walton and watch in horror.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:11 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Oh, I know parker destroyed them....he is an elite PG playing great.
Just pointing out the hypocrisy of zooming in on his bad spots and ignoring all other information and being hyper-critical of a guy that isn't a *good* player.

Now if Lin is making $6mil a year as a starting PG 3-4 years into the league and still playing at this level then by all means skewer the guy. It's just funny watching Melo, Amare, Arenas and other bigtime players with max contracts around the league playing like crap and getting a pass while people take turns beating on Lin for his game.

Damn, just go look at Fisher, Peas and Walton and watch in horror.
Melo and Amare doesn't get a pass and they are as much as the blame too for the Knicks playing so badly the past 2 weeks. Add the coach in that mix too since he can't figure out a way to put a lineup on the floor that will produce results. My main problem with Lin is his turnovers not so much his points because that gives the other team points. Melo and Amare on the otherhand are one-dimensional players since they are good on the offensive end and bad on the defensive end.

Old 03-12-2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Melo and Amare doesn't get a pass and they are as much as the blame too for the Knicks playing so badly the past 2 weeks. Add the coach in that mix too since he can't figure out a way to put a lineup on the floor that will produce results. My main problem with Lin is his turnovers not so much his points because that gives the other team points. Melo and Amare on the otherhand are one-dimensional players since they are good on the offensive end and bad on the defensive end.
Yeah, the 2 guys eating over 50% of the teams payroll are *just as much* to blame as Lin....right? Seriously?

Old 03-12-2012, 05:02 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Yeah, the 2 guys eating over 50% of the teams payroll are *just as much* to blame as Lin....right? Seriously?
All three of them are to blame because of the facts below and why they will lose tonight

1. Melo...."Doesn't like to pass

2. Amare...."Can't play defense"

3. Lin....."Turnover Prone"

I heard on NY radio today that the coach can be gone by this time next week.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
All three of them are to blame because of the facts below and why they will lose tonight

1. Melo...."Doesn't like to pass

2. Amare...."Can't play defense"

3. Lin....."Turnover Prone"

I heard on NY radio today that the coach can be gone by this time next week.
Is Lin a max contract guy in your unicorn filled life?

Anyway, I'm going to take my teleporter over to see Kurt Cobain in concert tonight....see you tomorrow.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:34 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Is Lin a max contract guy in your unicorn filled life?

Anyway, I'm going to take my teleporter over to see Kurt Cobain in concert tonight....see you tomorrow.
I just knew you would be watching the Knicks/Bulls on ESPN tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball