Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2018, 01:17 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times

Advertisements

Raps just completed the season sweep of the Warriors on the road, minus Leonard, in convincing fashion. The undisputed kings of the East, and Kerr & co better be taking some serious look at film between now and May.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2018, 08:36 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Raps just completed the season sweep of the Warriors on the road, minus Leonard, in convincing fashion. The undisputed kings of the East, and Kerr & co better be taking some serious look at film between now and May.
That was surprising, even to a true believer. Especially on the 2nd night of a back-to-back on the road. Beating the Clippers convincingly the night before, without Kawhi, was something of a surprise itself.

They won it they way I envision them winning it all, with an energetic, swarming defense that leads to fast break points. They are now 8-1 without Kawhi in the lineup. That's food for thought.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:41 AM

10,765 posts, read 4,349,095 times
Surely Kawhi won't win MVP.
Greek Freak.

Old 12-13-2018, 04:21 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,004,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I wouldn't go as far as calling them the kings of the East. I live in Milwaukee and love the Bucks. Watch every game, but I have to keep this 100%. IMO the East will come down to Boston and Philly come May. Boston has the best depth and Philly has 3 of the top 20 players in the NBA. Toronto can't say this. Toronto is like Houston of the East. Tear it up during the regular season and disappoint come playoff time.

My gut tells me Philly, but they need more shooters and a deeper bench. Better starting lineup than Boston, but Boston has a great bench. Hard to call, but not the Raptors.

Old 12-13-2018, 04:31 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
I'd like to correct a previous post where I said the Raptors are 8-1 without Kawhi. It's 7-1, all on the road.

Old 12-13-2018, 04:47 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,521,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Trafton View Post
I wouldn't go as far as calling them the kings of the East. I live in Milwaukee and love the Bucks. Watch every game, but I have to keep this 100%. IMO the East will come down to Boston and Philly come May. Boston has the best depth and Philly has 3 of the top 20 players in the NBA. Toronto can't say this. Toronto is like Houston of the East. Tear it up during the regular season and disappoint come playoff time.

My gut tells me Philly, but they need more shooters and a deeper bench. Better starting lineup than Boston, but Boston has a great bench. Hard to call, but not the Raptors.

Toronto has the East's best player and they are built for the playoffs. The road to the title runs through Canada.

Old 12-13-2018, 04:54 PM

2,323 posts, read 1,562,275 times
Quote:

I don't know man, Milwaukee has more depth and a better coach thanks Philly in my opinion. Milwaukee will be dangerous in the playoffs.

Old 12-13-2018, 05:23 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,004,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_kid View Post
I don't know man, Milwaukee has more depth and a better coach thanks Philly in my opinion. Milwaukee will be dangerous in the playoffs.
I really hope your right. I'm jaded from years of disappointment. The Bucks depend too much on the 3 point shot. They have adopted the Houston style of play, which is great when the ball goes in, when in doesn't team pack the lane and triple team Giannis, just like Indiana did last night. I will say that the Bucks backcourt with Bledsoe and Brogdon is underrated. Brogdon is better than most realize. Your right about the Bucks depth, it is better than Philly. Philly is not deep with the loss of Ersan, Covington, Saric and Marco Belinelli. It's really hurt them.

Last edited by Allan Trafton; 12-13-2018 at 05:31 PM..

Old 12-13-2018, 07:42 PM

5,829 posts, read 5,635,141 times
One of the reasons I don't like Milwaukee long term is because of their 3-point shooting as well. They are a league average team (16th as of today) at 35.2%, yet they jack more treys than everybody besides Houston. That's not a winning formula that's sustainable to be--->average 3-point team but shoots the second-highest amount; 44% of the Bucks FGA are threes. This style of play would work if they shot it better, but they don't...

Milwaukee also plays to the level of its competition. The same team that has beaten the Nuggets and Raptors both twice, beaten Golden State in Oakland, and beaten Indiana and Philly, has lost to the Suns and the Knicks, and is locked in one possession games with almost-good teams like Charlotte. Let's not forget, the Milwaukee Bucks began the year 7-0, and we've watched a significant decline in the last 7 weeks (11-9 since the hot start). Silver lining is they haven't lost two games in a row, only team in The League. At their best they look dominant and capable of knocking off anyone. The inconsistencies kill me though...

So Mag and all the talking heads advocating Giannis for MVP, please spare me!! This is a vulnerable basketball team and I really can't buy them with their current style of play and inconsistency. Their best player can. Not. Shoot. Like, at all, really. As Allen pointed out, teams commit to containing Giannis, the rest of the roster is good but not consistently good enough to play at an elite level...

On to Toronto, man I like Nick Nurse, what took this guy so long to get a shot? My only concern with Toronto is that Kawhi has already missed eight out of 30 games. They are winning without him, hell they won 59 games before he got here, but they have no shot at the chip if he can't be available. This is worrisome, we already know Kawhi won't dress if he doesn't feel well. He's missing too many games too early, and taking himself out of the MVP conversation...

Old 12-14-2018, 04:06 AM

10,765 posts, read 4,349,095 times
Quote:
I really hope your right. I'm jaded from years of disappointment. The Bucks depend too much on the 3 point shot. They have adopted the Houston style of play, which is great when the ball goes in, when in doesn't team pack the lane and triple team Giannis, just like Indiana did last night. I will say that the Bucks backcourt with Bledsoe and Brogdon is underrated. Brogdon is better than most realize. Your right about the Bucks depth, it is better than Philly. Philly is not deep with the loss of Ersan, Covington, Saric and Marco Belinelli. It's really hurt them.
At least Philly won't be relying on the 3-point shot in the playoffs (I hope).
Last season I said Philly have no chance of winning the East, because they rely too much on 3-point-shooting despite not being a great 3-point-shooting team.....and the pressure of the playoffs would lead to cold streaks.
Heck, even a great shooting team like Houston experienced one of the coldest nights in NBA playoff history.
I hope Embiid in particular stops relying on treys so much (4.1 attempts per game @.298), and starts being a man for the first time in his life.
Its up to Coach Brown and Embiid collectively to get him to play big.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball