Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2010, 02:23 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times

Advertisements

CA a beautiful place inhabited by people with issues.

Old 09-11-2010, 07:41 AM

4,803 posts, read 10,170,272 times
^ in other words these people with "issues" are liberals. get real buddy I think those bible thumping, bible belt, biggot homophobes in the "heartland" as you call it have lots of issues.

Old 09-11-2010, 03:50 PM

12 posts, read 36,734 times
Exclamation A very unusual and little-commonly-known theory of why people in LA seem so hyper and aggressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movr09 View Post
People here do some crazy things, why is this?

Why do people who live in one of the most scenic and temperate places seem not so nice. Of course there are rotten people anywhere you go, but here it seems this is the underlying culture. ********* before you screw me is the golden rule.
--

There are a huge amount of factors that cause human-beings to become overly aggressive and competitive. I have traveled to 16 countries in my life, and you DO see it everywhere, more-or-less, especially in cities.

Many posters to this forum have come up with valid answers, like overcrowding, traffic, economic issues, the prevalent hyper-competitive-adversarial-atmosphere of urban American culture (though many of us avoid a lot of it, and some of us have bailed out of CA/US cities for rural areas, for more relaxed living and peace of mind).

Yep, a lot of very valid reasons why people, in "warm, nice-weather" regions, become "rude." (Not just in the USA... look at wars in the tropics...)

OK - I have another fascinating (to techies) theory: I am a radio engineer, and have been researching radio-waves and radio phenomena since childhood - over three-plus-decades now.

Did you all know that the Los Angeles area has THE HIGHEST density of radio-waves on the planet???

The L.A. Basin is jam-packed with radio stations (scan the AM and FM radio dial there...). Add to the high-density of radio and television broadcast radio-signals, all of the ones from cellular-phone towers and other sources, and so forth. And all of those high-tension/high-voltage power lines criss-crossing the region too, radiating their own electromagnetic "smog".

The city of San Gabriel, within the L.A. Basin, in the San Gabriel Valley, has even the highest density of radio/electromagnetic signals than anywhere else there (due to close proximity to Mt. Wilson's and Verdugo Peak's FM and TV antenna-farms) and has several high-powered AM radio stations nearby the city.

It IS possible that all of this bombardment of radio-waves (R.F.) combined with the often dirty air there from smog and other hydrocarbons, results in sum-total of a vast-increase in human-aggression.

And then there is that endless sprawl and traffic grid-lock adding to the mixture... I have come to call L.A. a "critical-mass city."

Yes - mind-boggling scientific gobbledygook, but for those technically-inclined, this is fairly understandable. I stand by my theory.

-v-

Old 09-11-2010, 04:34 PM

12 posts, read 36,734 times
Default Getting down to Earth...

Yes, I spat out a lot of scientific gibberish to most of you - some FEW WILL get what I just said about L.A. being a "critical-mass-city" (and that techie-talk about too-much radio-waves...)

Allrighty - I SURE WISH people would cease all of this political-gibberish talk about "liberals" vs. "conservatives."

Don't many of you wish this would all end? It is all sounding like some Rush Limbaugh program here - these forums should be more about issues pertaining to why people move where they do, etc.

Why do many always have to reduce-themselves down to base-behavior by insulting each-other based upon political slant and viewpoints???

Is it that 'ole "adversarial-nature" of Americans I touched upon in my previous posting???

Keep it up, Americans, and this country WILL fragment and fall apart (just like many abroad wish ) - do you all wish that here, too?

ENOUGH POLITICAL JUNK-TALK. Please put it on another website.

I bailed out of EITHER PARTY - very tired of all of the mindless, childish "bickering" that results in nothing good being done...

Thank you!

-v-

Last edited by vlfradio; 09-11-2010 at 04:51 PM.. Reason: fix typos again

Old 09-11-2010, 04:52 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,934,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlfradio View Post

Yes, I spat out a lot of scientific gibberish to most of you - some FEW WILL get what I just said about L.A. being a "critical-mass-city" (and that techie-talk about too-much radio-waves...)
Wow, you're speshul©.

Old 09-11-2010, 05:12 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,018,750 times
They do say ca is full of nuts & fruits.

Old 09-11-2010, 05:12 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,384,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Wow, you're speshul©.
smart ass!

Old 09-11-2010, 06:25 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,934,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
They do say ca is full of nuts & fruits.
"They" being the residents of flyover country, of course.

Old 09-11-2010, 07:12 PM

7 posts, read 28,909 times
I completely agree with you and I would have to say most of the nastiest people I come across on a daily basis are the women here in socal. Even when you are driving down the road take a look after someone cuts you off or tries to run you down as it does happen often they are all women!

Being a woman this makes me unhappy to say it but the woman is socal are snobby "You know What's". Get off your high horse and Buy a Clue-You are not God's gift to the world.

Just Sayin'

Old 09-11-2010, 10:46 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,015,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Because everyone's stressed out from the traffic, cost of living, etc.
I'm not stressed by the traffic as I let mass transit take me where I need to go
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California