Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 01:33 PM

26,883 posts, read 38,040,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
ok acajack maybe I read too many "Revolutoinary' books....;-)....All the revolutions I know always had a little hemoglobin spilled around, you know? I guess the PQ etc know how to do it with the white gloves then! And I'd go with mouldy's stinky cheese.... for all...and free to celebrate the day!...;-)...

Now I have to talk to zoisite about Quebec!....news to me too where have I been all these years????.....
Many of the countries that have become independent since 1990 have done so without bloodshed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
You want to believe that. I can understand why that is what you would prefer to believe. The fact is though that it's not bashing nor anti-Quebec / anti-USA rhetoric. I like Quebec and I like USA but I'm not deluded by them.
Hey, that's great. Because I like Canada outside Quebec too. I'm actually from there: born, raised and educated. And I don't want Quebec to separate from it.

But guess what? I'm not deluded by English Canada or the "Rest of Canada" or whatever you want to call it.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:52 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,043,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinrich S View Post
What the heck gives You the idea the Quebec Government would abuse it's power? ....
Past and present history. Go read some news.

Quote:
Strange You're telling Me that I don't pay proper attention to what's written when it's wielded not weilded.
Oh mighty nit-picking spelling police who capitalizes you're and me, please do forgive me. Wield it is.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
What the heck gives You the idea the Quebec Government would abuse it's power? Did You give it the thought that maybe they would be responsible? Do You know how low You have to go to become a Third World country? Second World is possible, sure. But I'm fully confident that Quebec if it left, would do just perfect on it's own.

Strange You're telling Me that I don't pay proper attention to what's written when it's wielded not weilded.
You might find post number 5 on this page instructive:

quebec bashing

And if what's good for the goose is good for the gander, should English-speaking Canadians and the governments they largely control (the federal one plus 9 provinces) really be entrusted with oversight of the lives of aboriginal Canadians, when one looks at the dismal track record?

And how about young black males in Toronto? How is being under governments run by mostly white English-speaking Canadians (Toronto, Ontario, and Canada) turning out for them?

Old 08-26-2013, 02:07 PM

64 posts, read 90,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Past and present history. Go read some news.

Oh mighty nit-picking spelling police who capitalizes you're and me, please do forgive me. Wield it is.

Oh hoho touche. But I am afraid I have to ticket You for that.

And no, if Quebec decides to separate I'm pretty certain the people can look after their new country. I've got no reason to believe they would screw it up. Maybe it's that propaganda.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:31 PM

64 posts, read 90,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
You might find post number 5 on this page instructive:

quebec bashing

And if what's good for the goose is good for the gander, should English-speaking Canadians and the governments they largely control (the federal one plus 9 provinces) really be entrusted with oversight of the lives of aboriginal Canadians, when one looks at the dismal track record?

And how about young black males in Toronto? How is being under governments run by mostly white English-speaking Canadians (Toronto, Ontario, and Canada) turning out for them?
I've lived in Southern Ontario for 18 years. The amount of disrespect that the ROC puts on Quebec is just terrible. My Uncle was one of those people who used to say: *I say We let them go at it on their own and let them suffer. The British conquered them plain and simple. Without us they would be back in France*

The amount of plain ignorance I've heard from news websites is just atrocious. I almost never see the Quebecois side on any of these so called *surveys*. Whatever it is, English speaking Canadians do it better I guess.

The truth is we're all Canadians. No matter how much smug the ROC is. Or how independent the PQ says Quebec is.

Separation is hurtful.

Old 08-26-2013, 05:13 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,619,209 times
Quote:
Many of the countries that have become independent since 1990 have done so without bloodshed.

Point taken. Perhaps I am too much a historian? I worry too much. Heinrich's got a point...'Separation is hurtful'.

Old 08-26-2013, 05:49 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Quebec separation will happen eventually as the province grows more and more separate from Canada linguistically, culturally and politically.
Whats the point of artificially trying to keep the two entities together as they are basically already two separate countries neither one caring much for the other..
I wonder what the result would be if Canada had a referendum on whether or not to keep Quebec within the Canadian collective. heres a hint

Old 08-26-2013, 06:01 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
Point taken. Perhaps I am too much a historian? I worry too much. Heinrich's got a point...'Separation is hurtful'.
Anybody whose ever gone through a divorce would not wish one on their worst enemy!

An amicable separation is not a realistic nor probable outcome.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:11 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,796,624 times
How realistic exactly is Quebec secession in the near future?

Could some people who are more knowledgeable about the current situation in Quebec and Canada please tell me more details about this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada