Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2011, 06:42 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,673,832 times

Advertisements

The Lakers were rude. Magic Johnson, and kareem walked through the airport. I was a little kid and I asked them for their autograph and they pushed me out of the way lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 09:38 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
The Lakers were rude. Magic Johnson, and kareem walked through the airport. I was a little kid and I asked them for their autograph and they pushed me out of the way lol.
I once saw Kareem at a club in Hollywood. His date was about 6-5, blonde with looong legs. LOL

Old 04-29-2011, 01:06 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,099,470 times
Well, most of mine are of course gonna be musicians, since I was exposed to them while being a session drummer for about 12 years in LA.

NICEST:

Bret Michaels: Talks more than anyone I ever met; ribald sense of humor; loves to cuss; very low ego. When I first met him he took me to lunch and never once mentioned who he was, introducing himself only as "Bret."
Eddie Vedder: Talk to you like you're his longtime friend; has an uncanny habit of always asking you about yourself, like you're the most interesting person in the world to him. Loves to surf and will talk about it for hours.
Eric Johnson: Quiet and humble. The least arrogant guy you'll ever meet; especially for a world-class guitarist.
Curtis Stigers: Always smiling, super polite.
John Cusack: I might be a bit biased on this, since he's my second cousin, but he's a regular guy through-and-through.

RUDEST:

Paul WesterbergThe Replacements): Without a doubt the biggest toolbag I ever met in an industry that's full of them. A posing, whining, preening, prima-donna.
Sebastian Bach: Ditto. I thnk alot of his anger has to do with his reluctance to come out of the closet! LOL.
Michael Stipe: Smarmy and arrogant. A super health-food freak (nothing wrong with that) but he once walked out from the recording studio because I had smoked a cig during a break about 20 minutes ago and he claimed he could smell it on me, even though I was 20 feet away from him, and it was ruining his "ability to focus on my craft."

Last edited by DrummerBoy; 04-29-2011 at 01:15 PM..

Old 04-29-2011, 05:34 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
I've only met one and that was Jack LaLanne about 30 years ago. In person he is just like you always saw him on TV--extremely nice, very friendly and nothing phony about him. I sent a card and note of condolence to his wife when he died and got a personal reply from her thanking me.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:19 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
John Cusack: I might be a bit biased on this, since he's my second cousin, but he's a regular guy through-and-through.
So, that means that Joan is your second cousin, too. What's she like? The impression I have is that she is very cheerful.

Old 04-30-2011, 07:21 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,810,235 times
Not a celebrity but I met Michael Lohan, he was very nice and pleasant. He even brought my coworkers and I pizza. I saw Tommy Lasorda at LaGuardia airport he was friendly enough even though he was clearly in a hurry.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:52 AM

1,739 posts, read 1,915,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I respect her art but she is very rude. I've seen her in action and I recall when she said on Oprah "I don't trust white people."
Wow..what a true ****

Imagine the outcry though if a white person said such a statement about a black person. Mel Gibson tried and he got publically villified for it.

This country is SO ****ed.

Old 05-09-2011, 06:30 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times
My daughter was at a sushi place in Clearwater Fl. yesterday (Mother's Day) Hulk Hogan was there with his new wife,daughter Brooke and her boyfriend. My DD said he was very nice and low key except for his yellow head scarf a t-shirt!! No one bothered him and the owners didn't fuss over him either!My DD did comment that Brooke is a big girl, not fat just big framed!

Old 05-09-2011, 09:05 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
My daughter was at a sushi place in Clearwater Fl. yesterday (Mother's Day) Hulk Hogan was there with his new wife,daughter Brooke and her boyfriend. My DD said he was very nice and low key except for his yellow head scarf a t-shirt!! No one bothered him and the owners didn't fuss over him either!My DD did comment that Brooke is a big girl, not fat just big framed!
Yeah, she's definitely her father's daughter.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:55 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
Real nice-
Stuart Margolin [Angel on The Rockford Files] we were seat mates on Amtrak and he told some of the filthiest fantastic jokes!
Mary Louise Parker-Got to spend much of one summer with her on the California Central Coast. All she ever asked for was to be treated as just one of the regular folks.She makes fantastic baked goods!
Ernie Banks-[Mr. Cub] Always finds time for the kids.

Not so nice-
TV persona aside,Jack Lalanne was a nasty,vile,poor excuse of a drunk. Any benefit he was to society was erased by the Godawful way he treated people while intoxicated on white wine.
Nicholas Cage-I saw him at LAX as he was running thru the terminal. He ran into and knocked over a small child and yelled "keep youre f*cking brat out of my Godd*mn way! Dont you know who I am?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities