Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 12:06 AM

485 posts, read 1,648,079 times

Advertisements

My cousin, Rebecca Holden, although not well-known, starred in a few seasons of Night Rider. Another cousin of mine was in the same class in school with John Denver. Another cousin of mine is also a cousin of classic country singer Ricky Skaggs. As far as relationships go, I've never had any myself. I did talk to the lead singers of the 80's band Starship(formally Jefferson Starship)at a hotel up in Wyoming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2007, 12:15 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,468,375 times
Elvis' Women: Jennifer Holden

Jennifer Holden who was in Jailhouse Rock. Friends since 1969

Old 06-11-2007, 03:23 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,420,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
I have to hear a few before I talk.
Come on now, surely that's enough for you to spill - macguy, you're killin' me with the suspense!

Old 06-11-2007, 04:42 PM

739 posts, read 830,283 times
Before I met my wife I dated Ted Turner's daughter for awhile. I've played polo with William Devane and Pamela Sue Martin. I ran into Tommy Lee Jones at Turneffe Island Lodge in Belize, helped record Jimmy Buffett's first live album at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta (he swiped my beer), ran into Angie Dickerson (actress) at a store in Beverly Hills, played in a baseball game with Hall of Famer Phil Neikro, skied in Cervinia, Italy with Tom Brokaw. My sister is good friends with Colin Powell. My wife gets regular emails from Randy Jackson of American Idol and she tutored pro golfer Scott Hoch while at Wake Forrest. She's met tons of folks, including Pamela Anderson, Bono, Kristi Yamaguchi, we met Apolo Ohno at the Torino Olympics.

Last edited by Buckhead_Broker; 06-11-2007 at 04:51 PM..

Old 06-11-2007, 06:10 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,190,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Come on now, surely that's enough for you to spill - macguy, you're killin' me with the suspense!
I wrote it once and deleted it but I have gone our with two famous people. I used to date Nancy Stafford of Water bed and Matlock fame. She was about 18 and kind of a little to religious for me. The one that fits the title of the thread was Margot Kidder (Superman). I met here in a bar in Key West when she was there making a movie with Peter Fonda "92 in the shade. We had like a two week thing that was wild. She was hot and nuts. Peter Fonda was really cool.

I wrote it once and deleted it but I have gone our with two famous people. I used to date Nancy Stafford of Water bed and Matlock fame. She was about 18 and kind of a little to religious for me. The one that fits the title of the thread was Margot Kidder (Superman). I met here in a bar in Key West when she was there making a movie with Peter Fonda "92 in the shade. We had like a two week thing that was wild. She was hot and nuts. Peter Fonda was really cool.

When I was a kid we knew Rocky Marciano, he was one of our neighbors in Fort Lauderdale. In fact I went to his funeral when he was killed. He is in a cemetery in Fort Lauderdale in the worst part of town right in the middle of a crack area. You could not go visit his spot if you wanted to. I can't afford it but I often thought about contacting someone like Sly Stallone about getting his body moved and building some kind of memorial where fans could go. I don't think any other family members are there, maybe his wife. He is sadly there in total obscurity. I may be one of the few people who even know where he is.

Old 06-13-2007, 11:04 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,852,804 times
Back in the 80's I worked for a Remax office where Dennis and Randy Quaid's mother, Nita, was a realtor. She was a very nice lady, very Southern and proper and very proud of her sons. (Not much, but it's the best I can do...)

Old 06-13-2007, 11:17 AM

71 posts, read 400,037 times
Default Hints?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brikag View Post
Living here in LA, you get to encounter the stars now-n-then. My partner has lived here for a number of years and has told me some doozies! I know when he's lieing, his eyes involuntarily look left.

- When he first moved here in LA, he was picked up by a very famous 70's movie star that was involved with a very famous actress. Hint.... a river.

- In the late 80's, he not only placed money in his g-string but he recieved a certain proposition from a certain go-go boy of WEHO now a famous movies star from a certain Oscar winning movie. Hint.... he was a HIT.

- He had his *ss groped in a Starbucks in the West Valley by a certain dark-haired actor. Hint....it caused a chain reaction.

My experience (at least he is out and I can say his name), Lance Bass and I had eye contact and made that flirty smile in a furniture store. I saw him in the corner of my eye that he was checking. For a very long time! I'm married, but very flattered that I still have it!
I live in New York and spent some time in Los Angeles, as well. And I think I may know at least one of the guys you're talking about!!! But, I will not post it here ...

Let me just say . . . in show business, there are many, many "known facts" about certain stars that are not shared with the public. In Los Angeles, I worked at 'Warner Brothers' and several other places (agencies, studios, etc.) and you find out, fast, what the general public think is a 'huge secret' or don't know at all is quite loaded behind the scenes!!!

Even Richard Chamberlain, who recently "came out" publicly was asked by ET, "Do you think Hollywood will be shocked about your homosexuality?" And he answered that Hollywood has known for years!

I guess the same with Rock Hudson. Most everyone "in Hollywood" knew the truth.

I also know, I certainly was NOT shocked or surprised to hear about Rosie O'Donnell or Ellen Degeneres. Was anyone?! Now, I was shocked by Portia DeRossi! I had no clue!

Old 06-13-2007, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artichoke63 View Post
I'm a groupie. I've chased after rock stars all my life and I have three kids, all by famous rock stars. One of them is Mic Jagger's baby... I can't tell you about the others. The kids have no idea who their real father's are, but I've gotten them all music and singing lessons. My hope is that one of them will make it big one day and take care of their dear old mom, so I can be a Trophy Mom and never work again !!!!
Do the rock stars know they fathered your children?

Old 06-13-2007, 11:38 AM

My other exploits . . .
I chatted for a few hours at a party in Hollyweird with Neil Patrick Harris. He loved hearing my story of my "near-miss" in a commercial airliner above Dallas! Nice young man!

I walked down a NY street (Broadway), arm and arm, with Petula Clark. She was lovely and we spoke about "Finanian's Rainbow".

Jim Carrey pulled me out of crowd during shooting of "Man In The Moon", on a break (I was an background player). He was playing 'Andy Kaufman' and I went along with it . . . Milos Foreman, the director, later thanked me for helping Jim exercise, so to speak, by going along with his character! This was in Los Angeles.

I shared a joke with Annie Potts on the set of "Any Day Now". It was really hot and I threatened to take off my shirt. Annie looked over at me and asked if I would really do it. I told her, yes! And she, along with the other extras around me . . . watched me unbutton my shirt. But then, the director, called "speed" and we had to shoot, fully clothed!!! LOL! Thus, I didn't get very far . . . in stripping off my shirt.

Oh, in my hometown of Phoenix, AZ . . . I was ushering a show and this well-dressed man came in for late seating at the Herberger Theatre. I helped him and his girlfriend to find a great seat for the production of "Godspell". Afterwards, I went over to a local record store that was opened 24 hours and this man and his girl walked in there, too! He greeted me and said "thank you" again for my extra care at the show and we chatted about what music we liked.

I asked him "Are you in show business?"
He said, "No, I'm not."

And I left it at that. I told him about my career as an Actor/Singer and he promised to watch for my films, etc.

The staff, in awe and amazement, after he left, asked me, "Do you know him?!"

I said, "I guess not, as your reaction tells me he's famous."

He was a team member of the Phoenix Suns basketball team, the shortest one ever at 6'1" (compared to those who are 7' or more), Kevin Johnson!

Can you tell I don't follow sports?! LOL!

Old 07-03-2007, 10:34 AM

28 posts, read 125,130 times
I have never dated anyone famous, however I have met Jon Bon Jovi & Bruce Springsteen in NJ at a deli by the shore. I was with my mom driving through the beach area when I spotted a black dodge viper and we turned around and followed the car, I went inside the deli and ask them for their autographs. They were very very nice and approachable. Other than that I know my husband saw Nicole Kidman in NYC.

Great stories, would love to hear more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities