Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2015, 09:40 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,611,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane93nc View Post
Let's not forget Eastland Mall, Freedom Mall and Midtown Mall. What did these malls have in common? Can't blame the economy. While these mall were being held hostage by certain groups Southpark Mall was expanding and thriving as it is today. Unless Charlotte admits to it's gang problem and starts to clean it up then Northlake Mall is heading in the same direction Eastland Mall did.
You can add the NorthPark Mall (Eastway & Tryon) to that list as well. I would also put the Tryon Mall on this list except but it was saved by those two Asian sisters who have turned it into Asian Corners.

Old 12-25-2015, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
... I'm not afraid of the so-called "gangs" or criminals whose intent is to shoot each other, so be it, although sad. I'm more afraid of the nuts that are just out to randomly shoot anybody for no apparent reason whatsoever. Or have some so-called distorted agenda or cause. Hell, this can happen anywhere and it does..
The 1000s stampeding to get out of that absolutely packed mall yesterday would disagree with you on this. When some idiot starts firing a gun in a packed place like that, the "reason" doesn't matter. Who knows what that Thug would have done with that gun had he not been put down by that officer.

Old 12-25-2015, 10:31 AM

1,110 posts, read 1,972,805 times
Quote:
Oh please, this can happen anytime anywhere, movie theatre, etc....we live in a world of guns. I'm not afraid of the so-called "gangs" or criminals whose intent is to shoot each other, so be it, although sad. I'm more afraid of the nuts that are just out to randomly shoot anybody for no apparent reason whatsoever. Or have some so-called distorted agenda or cause. Hell, this can happen anywhere and it does.

People are afraid of the wrong people for the wrong reasons, thus any shift in a demographic promotes fear for no reason other than these people don't look like us.
Well said! Where has most of these mass shootings taken place in the last couple of years? In the suburbs and not the urban jungles! So for most of the posters on here freaking out over what happened yesterday @ NorthLake and saying that NorthLake will end up going the way of Eastland Mall, it seems like you're more than likely to get mowed down, along with 10 or more people in the burbs than @ some mall in Charlotte! My question is where was security and how were these groups of young punks beefing with each other able to get by with bringing guns into a crowded mall in the first place? Apparently there needs to be more of an increased security presence there and making sure these troublemakers who want to start a gang war with their rivals are not allowed on the premises!

Old 12-25-2015, 10:36 AM

128 posts, read 243,933 times
Quote:
Oh please, this can happen anytime anywhere, movie theatre, etc....we live in a world of guns. I'm not afraid of the so-called "gangs" or criminals whose intent is to shoot each other, so be it, although sad. I'm more afraid of the nuts that are just out to randomly shoot anybody for no apparent reason whatsoever. Or have some so-called distorted agenda or cause. Hell, this can happen anywhere and it does.

People are afraid of the wrong people for the wrong reasons, thus any shift in a demographic promotes fear for no reason other than these people don't look like us.
I wonder if that couple that was killed in Lake Wylie earlier this year had had the same thought process as you. Remember thier matress store was robbed and then a hit was put out on them by yhe gang to keep them from testifying in court.

Old 12-25-2015, 10:40 AM

128 posts, read 243,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prwfromnc View Post
Well said! Where has most of these mass shootings taken place in the last couple of years? In the suburbs and not the urban jungles! So for most of the posters on here freaking out over what happened yesterday @ NorthLake and saying that NorthLake will end up going the way of Eastland Mall, it seems like you're more than likely to get mowed down, along with 10 or more people in the burbs than @ some mall in Charlotte! My question is where was security and how were these groups of young punks beefing with each other able to get by with bringing guns into a crowded mall in the first place? Apparently there needs to be more of an increased security presence there and making sure these troublemakers who want to start a gang war with their rivals are not allowed on the premises!
Have you not noticed these animals do not respect authority anymore. It's clear they don't respect life or anyone else around them. Your chances are far more greater that you will be robbed and shot by one of these animals them you being being killed in your front yard while cutting grass by some crazed lunitic.

Old 12-25-2015, 11:03 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,726,984 times
Went to Northlake soon after it opened.

Crawling with thugs.

Within 10 seconds of entering first store, a group of thugs slinked past us, and I heard "MOFO" about 20 times in 10 seconds.

Left and never went back. Glad I did not.

Old 12-25-2015, 01:55 PM

1,445 posts, read 2,320,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane93nc View Post
Let's not forget Eastland Mall, Freedom Mall and Midtown Mall. What did these malls have in common? Can't blame the economy. While these mall were being held hostage by certain groups Southpark Mall was expanding and thriving as it is today. Unless Charlotte admits to it's gang problem and starts to clean it up then Northlake Mall is heading in the same direction Eastland Mall did.
Not necessarily. Northlake, despite it's reputation, still attracts more than enough visitors to stay alive.

Old 12-25-2015, 03:52 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,910,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
Went to Northlake soon after it opened.

Crawling with thugs.

Within 10 seconds of entering first store, a group of thugs slinked past us, and I heard "MOFO" about 20 times in 10 seconds.

Left and never went back. Glad I did not.
What made them "thugs" to you? Using profanity?

You know what, don't answer that.

Old 12-25-2015, 04:27 PM

Shooter identified as a one Daquan Westbrook who had been previously arrested for shooting a 12 year old.

Off-duty cop shoots, kill gunman in Northlake Mall in Charlotte, North Carolina, sends people into panic during last-minute Christmas Eve shopping

Old 12-25-2015, 05:00 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,972,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
What made them "thugs" to you? Using profanity?

You know what, don't answer that.
Makes you think this person feels uncomfortable being around large groups of minorities! Profanity, Really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte