Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2012, 10:53 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,656,110 times

Advertisements

It's obvious some members of CD are anti-DNC and are trying too hard to paint this convention as a negative. Sorry, even if the DNC moved this to save face due to weather, crowds, lack of, too many, etc it doesn't change the success Charlotte has had hosting this convention.

Everyone bashing the DNC is acting like these things are run to perfection and Charlotte is putting on the worst convention in history. Frustrated patrons, lack of tickets.. too many police..

Not sure why some are trying to put Charlotte in a negative light just because it's the other party.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:33 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,705,144 times
Are you people still arguing over this?

Old 09-06-2012, 11:45 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,975,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
.. I was simply saying that if the tickets were that easy to get and these trips were being paid for by the Democratic party as you said (which you were proven wrong about), then they could certainly scrape together enough people to fill the stadium.

But that part of my argument doesn't matter (no need to only quote this phrase in your reply), since you are now completely changing your argument. Did you really write earlier that they gave out too many tickets???
  • On item #1 you could have simply stated this opinion. I have no issue with whatever opinion you hold. Please grant me the same consideration. If you wish to believe that people were beating down the doors to see Obama this is certainly your right.
  • I have not been proven wrong about anything relative to the bus trips. I said that one could assume the Democrats were paying for the trips. I also said that I don't know and would defer to your expertise.
  • I've said nothing about how many tickets were given out. I suspect you know this, but the question is too inconvenient for you to address.
I have noticed that on this forum you consistently misread and misstate what people have posted and I received some DMs from people warning me about you. So I'm done with this particular subtopic with you as you don't really seem to be that interested in the topic at hand and I'm not going to waste the time of the other forumers by restating what I've already said.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:48 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,453,161 times
Man is it storming outside...
Must be God... err... Faith... err... God...
Too bad we can't go down to Bank of America Stadium... err... Panthers Stadium... err... Bank of America Stadium...

Seriously, it couldn't be a better day to be outdoors. These silly democrats

Old 09-06-2012, 11:58 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,585,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
It's obvious some members of CD are anti-DNC and are trying too hard to paint this convention as a negative. Sorry, even if the DNC moved this to save face due to weather, crowds, lack of, too many, etc it doesn't change the success Charlotte has had hosting this convention.

Everyone bashing the DNC is acting like these things are run to perfection and Charlotte is putting on the worst convention in history. Frustrated patrons, lack of tickets.. too many police..

Not sure why some are trying to put Charlotte in a negative light just because it's the other party.
Yeah such a success. MY place of business will be down over 50 percent this week compared to last year. I've haven't worked all week. Even though I was scheduled every day. I couldn't take off in advance, because the GM was sold a bunch of lies from the people running the DNC. (they had meetings on it for the last 2 years) He thought, along with a lot of other people that we would be slammed. I'll be taking another cut tonight. Hey maybe Obama will help me with the bills this month.

Old 09-06-2012, 12:18 PM

6,319 posts, read 10,348,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
  • On item #1 you could have simply stated this opinion. I have no issue with whatever opinion you hold. Please grant me the same consideration. If you wish to believe that people were beating down the doors to see Obama this is certainly your right.
  • I have not been proven wrong about anything relative to the bus trips. I said that one could assume the Democrats were paying for the trips. I also said that I don't know and would defer to your expertise.
  • I've said nothing about how many tickets were given out. I suspect you know this, but the question is too inconvenient for you to address.
I have noticed that on this forum you consistently misread and misstate what people have posted and I received some DMs from people warning me about you. So I'm done with this particular subtopic with you as you don't really seem to be that interested in the topic at hand and I'm not going to waste the time of the other forumers by restating what I've already said.
I'm sure the DM you received was from pink caddy, who claimed I was stalking him because I posted one link to another thread he posted in on city-data, and he later sent me several profanity-laced DM's because of it. Fun guy. Notice I did not respond to his attempt to troll me in this thread.

You consistently deny anything that you did not say word for word. So I will simply quote some of your posts directly and let everyone else decide if my conclusions were accurate.

Quote:
The DNC was worried that Obama wasn't going to fill up "Panther Stadium" and didn't want the cameras focused on a 1/2 empty BofA stadium. So they were going to move it to the arena. The weather was a nice excuse for spinning.
Quote:
65,000 "community credential" holders will be shut out of the event.
Quote:
You asked who was paying for it I think that "hosting by" is clear enough. According to my Mom, the bus from Myrtle Beach left today.

Old 09-06-2012, 12:27 PM

3,914 posts, read 4,975,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
You consistently deny anything that you did not say word for word. So I will simply quote some of your posts directly and let everyone else decide if my conclusions were accurate.
You just proved my point about the way you operate here. For example I actually said:
So now I will ask you the following. I see where your numbers come from. 20,000 people inside the arena, plus 35,000 more which would put 55,000 into the stadium. Makes sense. So how is it that 65,000 "community credential" holders will be shut out of the event? Add the 20,000 people that can go and we end up with 85,000 ticket holders. This suggests one of two things. Either the DNC is so incompetant they can't do simple math, or more likely they made up a cover story about the weather in very short notice and didn't think it out. I go with the latter.
The phrase has completely different meaning than the one you ripped out of context. I don't mind a debate, but what your are doing is underhanded and I'm not going to participate in such games.

Old 09-06-2012, 12:28 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,656,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
Yeah such a success. MY place of business will be down over 50 percent this week compared to last year. I've haven't worked all week. Even though I was scheduled every day. I couldn't take off in advance, because the GM was sold a bunch of lies from the people running the DNC. (they had meetings on it for the last 2 years) He thought, along with a lot of other people that we would be slammed. I'll be taking another cut tonight. Hey maybe Obama will help me with the bills this month.
like I said...

Everyone bashing the DNC is acting like these things are run to perfection and Charlotte is putting on the worst convention in history.

Old 09-06-2012, 12:37 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,585,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
like I said...

Everyone bashing the DNC is acting like these things are run to perfection and Charlotte is putting on the worst convention in history.
no but when your sold a bill of goods and it doesn't happen its screwed up.

Old 09-06-2012, 12:39 PM

6,319 posts, read 10,348,792 times
Quote:
You just proved my point about the way you operate here. For example I actually said:
So now I will ask you the following. I see where your numbers come from. 20,000 people inside the arena, plus 35,000 more which would put 55,000 into the stadium. Makes sense. So how is it that 65,000 "community credential" holders will be shut out of the event? Add the 20,000 people that can go and we end up with 85,000 ticket holders. This suggests one of two things. Either the DNC is so incompetant they can't do simple math, or more likely they made up a cover story about the weather in very short notice and didn't think it out. I go with the latter.
The phrase has completely different meaning than the one you ripped out of context. I don't mind a debate, but what your are doing is underhanded and I'm not going to participate in such games.
You're right, I didn't know exactly what you meant by that, which is why I asked you twice to clarify (quoting your entire post BTW), and the best answer you could come up with was "I've never said anything about how many tickets were given out."

Up until that post, I was under the impression that you felt they would not be able to fill up BofA Stadium, as evidenced by your very first post in this thread, quoted above, which would mean there really were not 65,000 ticket holders. So I was playing along with that theory when I said they should have had no problem finding 35,000 people in addition to the 20,000 politicians/media/etc. But your math above makes it seem like they gave out too many tickets. If that's not what you were saying, for the third time, please clarify.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte