Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2012, 09:11 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,512,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
Thank you for proving my last post. Do you have anything to actually add to the topic rather than to simply bash me for my opinion?
We prove that there WAS rain in Charlotte and we are bashing you for your opnion?

Noooooo. not gonna get away with that mischaracterization, my friend.

It rained in Charlotte.

So you are wrong.

We don't care if you admit it or not . . .

Old 09-07-2012, 09:16 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Quote:
Do you have anything to actually add to the topic?
Do you? You siad there was zero rain and people proved you wrong and you still refuse to admit it. Stop trying to deflect from the obvious...I know you love the attention but it's starting to smell a little trollish...

Old 09-07-2012, 09:17 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,975,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
We prove that there WAS rain in Charlotte and we are bashing you for your opnion?.
This is what I said.
All of the Charlotte weather stations show 0 rainfall in the last 24 hours. I know we have had none here and my $30 electronic weather station accurately predicted no rain for yesterday evening.
Nobody has proven what I have said is incorrect however I don't doubt there was rain somewhere. In fact, I'd be surprised if there wasn't. Was it enough to cancel the event at the stadium? No I don't think so. If it was, then I fault the DNC for promising such an event without even raising the possibility that rain would cancel the event. In fact they went on record saying that it would go on "rain or shine" and required hotel owners to sign contract holding the rooms for them as if this was the case.

Last edited by frewroad; 09-07-2012 at 09:18 AM.. Reason: clarity

Old 09-07-2012, 09:22 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,532,938 times
The claim it didn't rain in charlotte is so bogus, maybe in Port Charlotte but that probably not true as my friend in Tampa was discussing on Facebook this morning.

Charlotte had big thunder gusher yesterday afternoon.
I posted last night around 7 and 8 Concord had thunder cell.
I check the radar around 1130 pm and there was a lot of green approaching Charlotte from Gastonia.
They made the best call for every one safety.

Old 09-07-2012, 10:00 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,512,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
The claim it didn't rain in charlotte is so bogus, maybe in Port Charlotte but that probably not true as my friend in Tampa was discussing on Facebook this morning.

Charlotte had big thunder gusher yesterday afternoon.
I posted last night around 7 and 8 Concord had thunder cell.
I check the radar around 1130 pm and there was a lot of green approaching Charlotte from Gastonia.
They made the best call for every one safety.
My uncle is in Port Charlotte and he says it rained there, too.

ROFLMAO.

Really - I do have an uncle in Port Charlotte. I have even considered retiring there or somewhere near the area.

And yes, it rained in Charlotte yesterday, regardless of what some weather stations may have reported.

Furthermore, WHO THE HELL CARES. The DNC is over. Everyone survived.

So glad I am not flying out of the airport today!!! Charlotte-Douglas was advising to be there AT LEAST 3 hours ahead of flight departure!!!!!

Old 09-07-2012, 10:15 AM

1,763 posts, read 3,294,017 times
I was uptown between 3 and 4 PM yesterday - I can vouch that it poured rain and people huddled under various awnings around the city.

Old 09-07-2012, 10:19 AM

3,115 posts, read 7,137,406 times
I have a hard time believing CLT didn't report rain yesterday. I'm just a few miles from the airport in Steele Creek and we had the same storm as everyone else - lots of booming, heavy rain, etc from about 4:15-5. I think it was the right call to move the speech, although I know several disappointed ticket holders.

Old 09-07-2012, 10:33 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,731,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-burgher View Post
I was uptown between 3 and 4 PM yesterday - I can vouch that it poured rain and people huddled under various awnings around the city.
Your wrong because no weather stations in the area reported rain......

I can prove it via the internets......

Old 09-07-2012, 10:40 AM

6,319 posts, read 10,348,792 times
Quote:
Unless there is a weather station at your location it would not be online. You can can go to wunderground and list out dozens of weather stations in this area and they will give you the amount of rainfail registered. I didn't see any listed.

However even you described the rain as "brief". Seems like a whole lot about nothing.
Since you love technicalities, using the website you provided, it shows that there was 0.01 inches of rain yesterday. So yeah, there was rain, however brief it may have been. Not necessarily asking you, but didn't it rain on Tuesday as well? It is showing 0.00 inches for Tuesday.

Quote:
You are absolutely right. Please refer back to what I posted this morning. I ended it with this.

(before some of you blow a gasket, this is an opinion post, so get over it)

The approximately 25 posts that have come in response to that are from people who should take your advice at heart. They can state their opinion but they don't have to bash me in response to mine. I've never seen such a collection of people who absolutely refuse to let someone state their opinion and will go out of their way tell others their opinion is absolutely wrong. In fact one party here said that he wasn't going to let me get away with it. People who live in glass houses don't need to be throwing stones.
No one is refusing to let you state your opinion. But people are allowed to criticize your opinions. I'm fairly certain everything I said you were wrong about was not your opinion, but rather things that could be proven. Yes, I called some of your opinions dumb. Dumb is different than wrong.

By your logic, I could say, "I think that all African Americans should be sent to Africa. But don't bother criticizing me, it's just my opinion!" I obviously don't believe that, but it's just an extreme example.

Old 09-07-2012, 10:41 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,585,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
I have a hard time believing CLT didn't report rain yesterday. I'm just a few miles from the airport in Steele Creek and we had the same storm as everyone else - lots of booming, heavy rain, etc from about 4:15-5. I think it was the right call to move the speech, although I know several disappointed ticket holders.
I live a few miles north and west of the city, and it didnt rain here. I know it rained uptown though I watched the storm pass me to the south, and saw it on the radar. Also heard them talking about it on the news, around 4 pm. The storms were very small and spread out, and unlike the days before fairly quick moving. That could explain the weather underground data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte