Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2012, 08:50 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,512,987 times

Advertisements

Everything seems to have gone fine w/ the venue change. Folks are leaving our fair city and I would hope they leave with a positive feeling.

It's like a wedding. You do all the planning and even the best plans can have a hitch. But the event goes on and afterwards, all anyone remembers are (usually) how much fun they had - and if glitches are remembered, it is usually with good humor.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:53 AM

FREWROAD:

The event is over. Everyone adjusted. No one at the DNC is looking back and "what iffing" the event. It was what it was.

Sometimes, being "right" ain't no victory at all.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:57 AM

2,340 posts, read 4,632,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
There was no rain where the event was to be held nor at any weather station making recordings around it. There isn't anything to believe beyond that.

Amazing, I was there. The ground was wet. I saw lightening. I even stayed in my car for a while before walking to the convention center to avoid a heavier shower.

While I wanted to be there, my husband and I had to admit that we perfer air conditioning to the humidity outside at 4 yesterday afternoon.

Thanks for the ignore reminder!

Old 09-07-2012, 09:00 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
Amazing, I was there. The ground was wet. I saw lightening. I even stayed in my car for a while before walking to the convention center to avoid a heavier shower.

While I wanted to be there, my husband and I had to admit that we perfer air conditioning to the humidity outside at 4 yesterday afternoon.

Thanks for the ignore reminder!
Why should I believe someone who was there when I have the internets?

Old 09-07-2012, 09:03 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,975,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
FREWROAD:

The event is over. Everyone adjusted. No one at the DNC is looking back and "what iffing" the event. It was what it was.

Sometimes, being "right" ain't no victory at all.
You are absolutely right. Please refer back to what I posted this morning. I ended it with this.

(before some of you blow a gasket, this is an opinion post, so get over it)

The approximately 25 posts that have come in response to that are from people who should take your advice at heart. They can state their opinion but they don't have to bash me in response to mine. I've never seen such a collection of people who absolutely refuse to let someone state their opinion and will go out of their way tell others their opinion is absolutely wrong. In fact one party here said that he wasn't going to let me get away with it. People who live in glass houses don't need to be throwing stones.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:03 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,031,455 times
Quote:
Never made that claim. However I assume you apply this same criticism to the DNC how obviously did not have ANY contingency plan for bad weather and had to make this ad hoc change at the 11th hour. A change that canceled bus trips, caused hoteliers to lose a night that was held by the DNC in the first place, etc etc. I said in the very post that you are referring to, that to believe that event in August outside in the SE wouldn't be affected by the unstable weather is folly at best. So please direct your criticism elsewhere.

I didn't come up with this event. I'm only reporting what I see.

In regards to sitting behind a computer, I've told you before that if you don't like what I post, then put me on ignore. You and my other detractors keep coming back for more so what you say doesn't matter. It's the actions that count.
They ENACTED a contingency plan by moving it to the Arena... you call it "ad hoc" (actually you're probably referring to foreign media quoting someone else who quoted someone else about it being ad hoc)... this is your formula. Let me just say that I'm glad you or your ilk are not in charge of running large scale events.

Actions... exactly. You're not "reporting what" <you> "see"... you're regurgitating opinions of what others are seeing. Others took the time to go out and see for themselves and form opinions on their own. This is your great failing in your dogged negativity - you're not speaking from experience... You're living in the past, speaking about centuries old dogma, and using contemporary technologies to "prove" archaic ideals. The line between libertarians and anarchists are too close for my liking as it is - it's why someone like Ron Paul can't get enough support to surpass the avalanche of money behind other candidates. These same people who are "sheep" because they don't agree with you and/or see it like you do... talk is cheap... maybe you'll wake up and stop wanting OTHERS to stand up for you one day - maybe you'll realize you need to stand up for yourself... yet, I highly doubt it.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:06 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
They ENACTED a contingency plan by moving it to the Arena... you call it "ad hoc" (actually you're probably referring to foreign media quoting someone else who quoted someone else about it being ad hoc)... this is your formula. Let me just say that I'm glad you or your ilk are not in charge of running large scale events.

Actions... exactly. You're not "reporting what" <you> "see"... you're regurgitating opinions of what others are seeing. Others took the time to go out and see for themselves and form opinions on their own. This is your great failing in your dogged negativity - you're not speaking from experience... You're living in the past, speaking about centuries old dogma, and using contemporary technologies to "prove" archaic ideals. The line between libertarians and anarchists are too close for my liking as it is - it's why someone like Ron Paul can't get enough support to surpass the avalanche of money behind other candidates. These same people who are "sheep" because they don't agree with you and/or see it like you do... talk is cheap... maybe you'll wake up and stop wanting OTHERS to stand up for you one day - maybe you'll realize you need to stand up for yourself... yet, I highly doubt it.
actually he is regurgitating what he reads in tabloid rags, right leaning blogs and news sources from Mother Russia!

Old 09-07-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
You are absolutely right. Please refer back to what I posted this morning. I ended it with this.

(before some of you blow a gasket, this is an opinion post, so get over it)

The approximately 25 posts that have come in response to that are from people who should take your advice at heart. They can state their opinion but they don't have to bash me in response to mine. I've never seen such a collection of people who absolutely refuse to let someone state their opinion.
Have you been prohibited from stating your opinion? I hardly think so.

We are all fully aware that the sources for your information show that no rain occurred in Charlotte during the DNC's last evening and that therefore, your opinion that the venue change was indicative of more than "bad weather chances" was RIGHT.

Trust me, we all get it. If you wished to give more opinions about it, redundant tho they may have been, you could have. But it wasn't necessary. Cause we got it.

You are just miffed cause everyone isn't saying - OMG FREW!!! YOU WERE RIGHT!!!!!

Old 09-07-2012, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
actually he is regurgitating what he reads in tabloid rags, right leaning blogs and news sources from Mother Russia!

Thank you for proving my last post. Do you have anything to actually add to the topic rather than to simply bash me for my opinion?

Old 09-07-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Have you been prohibited from stating your opinion? I hardly think so.

You are just miffed cause everyone isn't saying - OMG FREW!!! YOU WERE RIGHT!!!!!
The forum rules allow me to state my opinion. It's the juvenile responses that come afterwards that is the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte