Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2008, 04:54 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,912,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa394 View Post
What you mean about the local minority complaining?
Please explain...
Vocal minority...

Explain? Sure - What I mean there's a few people that find it easy to loudly complain about a topic when it doesn't suit them 100% in their favor. Putting it in context, there are many people that deal with the Mooresville traffic and have found ways to make it manageable. Then there are some who flat out blast the town because of the traffic. Mooresville is a great place to live. We have alot of cars on the roads for sure. But IMHO there's not a bad enough traffic problem to scare off newcomers. I myself stay absolutely clear of Exit 28 during the daytime because it is a zoo. But, that's my view. I'm not going to go on every Cornelius thread and decry the town because of the number of cars in that area. It's just not right to do that.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 08:38 PM

3 posts, read 13,889 times
Yeah stay way clear of the traffic, the red neck NASCAR attitude that appears what 2 times a year for races, oh, and all the rest of the year because this is where race shops call home....and no, I didn't say racers....no one really addresses this in any of this thread and the fact that its a melting pot of everyone looking for a cheaper place to live...its beautiful at times of the year, way over crowded and while people of surrounding areas of Charlotte always try to separate themselves from Charlotte, Moorseville is no different. Charlotte has a spot in the top 5 places in the nation for crime. Top five...so they are there with Detroit, LA, and NY...can you believe? If you live in a suburb of a city like this, unless your behind iron gates...get ready!!!!!...with the rising economic problems and gas situations, where do you think the people that commit the crimes go??? The only gated community I know of is certain areas of The Point. Lived there done that...High crime is everywhere, but I'm 2 minutes from the beach in a gated community and feel alittle safer, and without the redneck mentality that is so prevalent in a place like Mooresville...NASCAR CAPITAL OF AMERICA...woo hoo......wow, I'd be proud of that....and if you are, well I guess your a? ""! Enough said.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida_dweller View Post
Yeah stay way clear of the traffic, the red neck NASCAR attitude that appears what 2 times a year for races, oh, and all the rest of the year because this is where race shops call home....and no, I didn't say racers....no one really addresses this in any of this thread and the fact that its a melting pot of everyone looking for a cheaper place to live...its beautiful at times of the year, way over crowded and while people of surrounding areas of Charlotte always try to separate themselves from Charlotte, Moorseville is no different. Charlotte has a spot in the top 5 places in the nation for crime. Top five...so they are there with Detroit, LA, and NY...can you believe? If you live in a suburb of a city like this, unless your behind iron gates...get ready!!!!!...with the rising economic problems and gas situations, where do you think the people that commit the crimes go??? The only gated community I know of is certain areas of The Point. Lived there done that...High crime is everywhere, but I'm 2 minutes from the beach in a gated community and feel alittle safer, and without the redneck mentality that is so prevalent in a place like Mooresville...NASCAR CAPITAL OF AMERICA...woo hoo......wow, I'd be proud of that....and if you are, well I guess your a? ""! Enough said.
High crime & Rednecks? Yeah, ok. Is that who lives in the Point, The Farms, Morrison, Harris Farms, etc? Maybe that's who works at Lowes corporate HQ, Lake Norman Medical Center, Mitchell Comm. College? Or maybe its the rednecks out boating on the lake in those flashy new vessels, or shopping at all of the various new stores and shops in town? Oh I know, it must be rednecks hanging out in the day spa's popping up on every other corner or working out at the new YMCA facility?

Sorry sir, but you are WAY OFF the mark.

Mooresville is a relatively crime free, modern piece of suburbia where median incomes and home values are above the state average. I've only lived here for four or five years, but aside from the traffic complaints, I never heard any major gripes about this humble town.

Good day.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:19 PM

3 posts, read 13,889 times
No offense meant, but I hope it stays that way. Crime statistics speak for themselves, and lake or no lake, crime moves where the money is. I wish it wasn't like that, but, like I said, it is what it is. We loved it there, but chose the beach, sun and a somewhat more secure neighborhood behind a guarded gate. Again, no offense meant, but stats speak for themselves, and people living in high crime areas, end up having the highest criminal suburb rates...just a fact, sorry. Again, Mooresville is a nice place. Take care, and lock your doors.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:24 PM

Quote:
No offense meant, but I hope it stays that way. Crime statistics speak for themselves, and lake or no lake, crime moves where the money is. I wish it wasn't like that, but, like I said, it is what it is. We loved it there, but chose the beach, sun and a somewhat more secure neighborhood behind a guarded gate. Again, no offense meant, but stats speak for themselves, and people living in high crime areas, end up having the highest criminal suburb rates...just a fact, sorry. Again, Mooresville is a nice place. Take care, and lock your doors.
We're good! Peace to you too. Have a good night and stay warm down there in FLA!

Old 08-05-2008, 09:36 PM

1,865 posts, read 5,378,296 times
Quote:
What's the matter Florida Dweller, did some "Red Neck" step on your toes?? Did you roll out from under the wrong side of the rock this morning??

I grew up in NYC...in the South Bronx...want to talk about crime??!!?? I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but Mooresville's not even close to being a high-crime area.

I live in Mooresville in a very middle-class subdivision that is not gated & is on the downtown side of Mooresville. It includes a variety of people from all over the USA...some are even Mooresville natives. Don't see any "Red Necks" here, just hard-working people, doctors, lawyers, teachers, nurses, police officers, business owners, retired people &, YES, even some NASCAR people ( Heaven forbid!).

Guess what...Woo Hoo...I am proud to say I live in Mooresville, Race City USA!! Who you calling a ? ""! You must have been looking in a mirror when you made that statement. Enough said!!!

BxRosie

Old 08-05-2008, 09:41 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,666,672 times
Compare this:

Quote:
with this:

Quote:
And you have one very confused individual. We operate much better without your attitude, so I hope you're catching some good rays. You're so called crime stats have nothing to do with Lake Norman and it's far enough detached from Charlotte to be affected. Say hello to the hurricanes for me, "no offense meant"...

Old 08-09-2008, 03:56 PM

59 posts, read 138,312 times
Default To get back on track

My wife and I live on the West side of the lake in Denver, NC and we absolutely love it ! I am from Michigan and she is from Indiana and Lake Norman is what got us to move here 5 years ago and what got us to move on to the lake 6 months ago when we moved from uptown back to Lake Norman.

Love it !

Old 11-26-2008, 12:09 PM

1 posts, read 2,633 times
I am a Mooresville Native and I feel that if we could get rid of Lowes Corporate and NASCAR Tech. we could get rid of most of the Yankees that keep flocking here. And possibly Mooresville could go back to being the nice, quiet town that it used to be 10 years ago. Also, if you Yankees don't like your encounters with the "rednecks", GO BACK HOME, you won't hurt our feelings!!

Old 11-26-2008, 12:54 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
My family is from the Mooresville area, and part of them live there now, and I think it is a beautiful place to live and raise a family. If being local means you are a redneck, then I am proud to be a redneck, LOL.

There are wonderful areas in the Lake Norman region . . . terrific place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte