Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 10:53 PM

8 posts, read 12,506 times

Advertisements

I forgot many people are slow, I will describe as basic as possible. In New York, Ohio, Michigan there are more teachers than jobs creating a surplus(or excess) forcing people to move and gain experience in other states. North Carolina(Mecklenburg and Gaston) are in dire need of teachers and hire anyone to just fill the spot. Many people they hire have shady backgrounds that do not raise a 'red flag' on the background check because of the dire need to fill teacher spots.

The starting salary for a teacher in Mecklenburg is NOT $42/yr - try $31/yr. The teacher would start higher if they have a Master degree - $35/yr.

In NY there is no such thing as Lateral Entry Teacher. No certification = no job.

I'm trying to clarify the facts that people in the South are brainwashed to believe that Unions are EVIL. Up in the Northeast there are high taxes and unions, both are antibusiness. The teachers unions and some others(plumbers and electricians) police their own. The turn over rate for teacher in the Northeast is less than 5% compared to 50% in CMS - why? Teachers in the South are 'hung out to dry' and the believe is that they are easily replaced. Administrators and Human Resources have predetermined views of people based on where they came from and what school they attended. Those views are then used to 'black ball' a good teacher because they didn't attend the 'proper college'. Parents in the South don't stand up for their childrens education. Unions protect teachers, both good and bad, to help the schools improve. Teaching is like any profession, one only gets better over time with support and aid. The taxes in the North are much higher and people actually question what the money is spent on.

I have many friends who are born and raised in Charlotte(50+yrs old) who say that the schools have always been messed-up. People in the South are not envolved in their childrens education like up in the Northeast.

Quick lesson on life:

The best way to improve a village is to have ALL on the same page. Parents NEED to be involved in schools and support the Teacher and BE PARENTS NOT FRIENDS TO THEIR CHILDREN!!

People in the South need to wake-up and correct problems before they get much worse. Why are there dire needs for Teachers, Police and Fire in Charlotte while in the Northeast people fight tooth and nail to get a position?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 07:14 AM

414 posts, read 1,277,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bills_fan View Post
Why are there dire needs for Teachers, Police and Fire in Charlotte while in the Northeast people fight tooth and nail to get a position?
Wow the intelligence level is overflowing there BillsFan. Thanks for dumbing it down for us slow people.

Your blanket statements are just flat out ridiculous. I am sure they are a true reflection of the source.

To answer your last question; there's a dire need for teachers, police and fire fighters in Charlotte because of growth, something the Northeast hasn't experienced in at least 50 years. And our growth - mostly people trying to escape the Northeast.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:24 AM

23 posts, read 49,512 times
Talking I owe someone

Here in Texas.
After dealing with transplants from Ohio and Michigan in the early 80's with their rust buckets to the Non Driving Fool's from down south recently. I am moving North... to the South

Old 12-15-2008, 07:26 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times
Bills_fan . . . that blue ribbon education "up North" failed to teach you critical thinking skills. Your analysis is waaaaaaay off, LOL!!!!

I can only pray that people who move here are not filled w/ misinformation about how public services are funded as well as maintained. Your post is the perfect example of people who move here and didn't have a clue about how infrastructure was created or maintained where they lived, and so have brought the ignorance South.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compwrench View Post
Here in Texas.
After dealing with transplants from Ohio and Michigan in the early 80's with their rust buckets to the Non Driving Fool's from down south recently. I am moving North... to the South
Come on "up" Compwrench. But as you can see from some of the posts here, we are being infiltrated w/ people who don't have a clue. So just be aware. The majority of newcomers are well-educated and come here w/ an open mind. They are not interested in re-creating the same problems they had where they used to live. But then we get some who bring the ignorance with them.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:41 AM

Default I give a ...

I know, they are everywhere.
99% of the time you cannot get an a food order done correctly, or any other service for that matter.
What happened to pride in your work?
I tell them "if I fixed your brakes like you fix food I would harm someone"
Get it Right!

Old 12-15-2008, 07:42 AM

414 posts, read 1,277,399 times
In all fairness ani, bills_fan was probably just upset after watching his Bills fumble away a sure victory yesterday, followed up by yet another dominating victory by the Panthers!

Of course the player that fumbled went to college in the South - "Dam those stoopud Suthurnurs!"

Old 12-15-2008, 07:52 AM

Yeah, they don't even know of a proper tie break. 45-35

Old 12-15-2008, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstn View Post
In all fairness ani, bills_fan was probably just upset after watching his Bills fumble away a sure victory yesterday, followed up by yet another dominating victory by the Panthers!

Of course the player that fumbled went to college in the South - "Dam those stoopud Suthurnurs!"
Of course! And ya know . . . if our school system is so crummy here, how come we have some of the best colleges and universities in the country?

Yep, the Bills looked pretty lame . . . bless their hearts.

Old 12-15-2008, 11:30 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,701,408 times
Default Darwin said. . .

" Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge."

My two centavos regarding big time statements withouts back-up stats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte