Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2008, 08:30 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,406,049 times

Advertisements

So Ani...this fudge thing...this is just like regular frosting that you'd put on a cake? And do I nuke the frosting and the chips or put them in pots? I'm gonna get the stuff and give this a try later on.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:31 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,478,949 times
I FORGOT TO ADD THIS TO THE PIMENTO CHEESE RECIPE!!!!!

Only use DUKE's mayo. Every other mayo has a slightly different taste, including Hellman's. And for God's sake, DO NOT USE MIRACLE WHIP. I don't know how Miracle Whip got invented or even WHY - but that stuff is just NASTY and no authentic Southern cook will be caught dead w/ Miracle Whip even on the pantry shelves!!!!!

Old 12-17-2008, 08:40 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,035,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Did you grow up w/ pimento cheese spread? I think that may be something very common in this region but less popular in some areas - shredded cheddar cheese and pimento w/ mayonnaise - or green olive bits in cheddar cheese/mayo. Just wondering if that was common where you grew up . . . ?
Nope. never heard of it until I moved here. Did not really know about macaroni & cheese either. We were a meat-and-potatoes family. Few, if any vegetables (especially in the winter). No pork. Chicken & beef, sometimes lamb. or, if we were at Grandma's, then, there was fish. But, always with potatoes. (it was kind of horrifying NOT to have potatoes of some kind) Very little was fried, if anything at all. Everything baked, broiled or boiled.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:41 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,660,721 times
Quote:
Only use DUKE's mayo. Every other mayo has a slightly different taste, including Hellman's. And for God's sake, DO NOT USE MIRACLE WHIP. I don't know how Miracle Whip got invented or even WHY - but that stuff is just NASTY and no authentic Southern cook will be caught dead w/ Miracle Whip even on the pantry shelves!!!!!
Amen to that!

Old 12-17-2008, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
So Ani...this fudge thing...this is just like regular frosting that you'd put on a cake? And do I nuke the frosting and the chips or put them in pots? I'm gonna get the stuff and give this a try later on.
I have never nuked it - I just put it in a double boiler and gently heat the frosting, then add the chocolate . . . mixing it all the while.

I don't think it would work to nuke it cause it needs to be stirred - and I think it may heat it up too much at once to get it hot enuff to melt the chocolate bits.

If you don't have a double boiler, take a large pot, put water in it, bring to boil and then put a smaller pot down in it. (You probably already knew this but . . . for those who don't . . . )

And the frosting I use is Pillsbury Supreme:

Pillsbury (http://www.pillsburybaking.com/products/product_detail3.aspx - broken link)

I think it would separate and be nasty if you heated it up too fast.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:45 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,406,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I have never nuked it - I just put it in a double boiler and gently heat the frosting, then add the chocolate . . . mixing it all the while.

I don't think it would work to nuke it cause it needs to be stirred - and I think it may heat it up too much at once to get it hot enuff to melt the chocolate bits.

If you don't have a double boiler, take a large pot, put water in it, bring to boil and then put a smaller pot down in it. (You probably already knew this but . . . for those who don't . . . )

And the frosting I use is Pillsbury Supreme:

Pillsbury (http://www.pillsburybaking.com/products/product_detail3.aspx - broken link)

I think it would separate and be nasty if you heated it up too fast.

I was thinking it would be a disaster if I heated it up really quick too.

Between the chocolate potato chips and this fudge, CD is going to be the death of me.

And then add this little heart attack I found earlier...

http://fp_images.s3.amazonaws.com/bacon-and-cheese-roll.jpg (broken link)

Old 12-17-2008, 08:46 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,035,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncgdad1 View Post
Good morning all, the usual, job searching stuff, preparing for an interview tomorrow..
Good luck on your interview!!!

Old 12-17-2008, 08:48 AM

OMGosh . . . my menfolk would think they had gone to HEAVEN if I did the Bacon Weave. Oh yum yum yum . . . that is a REAL MAN appetizer . . . looks like they used Colby and Cheddar cheeses.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:52 AM

457 posts, read 1,377,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Good luck on your interview!!!
Thank you ChiCub, I'll need it...

Old 12-17-2008, 08:54 AM

1,181 posts, read 3,058,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
I was thinking it would be a disaster if I heated it up really quick too.

Between the chocolate potato chips and this fudge, CD is going to be the death of me.

And then add this little heart attack I found earlier...

OMG, that looks awesome. I remember being on Weight Watchers after I had my second child and they used to say one slice of bacon is better for you than one slice of bread... so with that logic, maybe I could convince myself it won't tip the scale. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte