Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 10:43 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I tried to rep you, Eusebius. I have to spread it around.

I am reading the Restitution of All Things by Andrew Jukes. That one is from the 1800s.

But, you could also tell him to try Tentmaker. There are a lot of good resources on there.
Such an excellent book - that one by Andrew Jukes. I'm shocked at how the knowledge of Universal Reconcilation was hidden from me for so many years because I was really, really searching! And on nearly every corner of the town where I live there is a church (we have churches coming out our ears!) and almost all of them teach that God is an angry monster who is unforgiving unless you "believe exactly as they believe". How incredible! God is love! Satan is evil and a murderer and a liar from the beginning!

Heartsong
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 10:48 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,192,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Sounds like women are SOL.
Well, that wasn't very Christ-like, but you made my point, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
I'm not even going to comment about your first question. It's called TACT. If you don't understand the difference, well, I don't know what to say to you.

The good news is that Jesus Christ died so that we may have life with Him in heaven. You don't understand this is good news because you've put God in a box. If He doesn't save all than that's not good news to universalists. Your FALSE good news is straight from Satan. Oh wait, but you don't believe in him. Why can't you see that is exactly what he wants? When people die in their sins and go to hell because they heard from universalists that all are saved, their blood in on your hands. Don't you understand the seriousness of this?!

Tact is one thing many traditional Christians do NOT have. THAT I can assure you. And, the reason we push these issues is because we have studied and we care about ALL people.

I'm sure the Jews were as furious as you are at us! Jesus' sarcasm and "messing around" on the Sabbath and such probably made them red in the face!!!! The Jews would run around furiously looking for converts not realizing they were missing the whole point: LOVE. Those kinds of people will be the ones ruling with Christ, NOT the warriors! Jesus said the prostitutes would enter before the RIGHTEOUS Pharisees would enter!

Love, in the end, is ALL that matters! If you speak the angel's languages and can understand ALL mysteries, without LOVE, you are nothing.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:48 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
Tact?

If it's the "good news", then how on earth could it be untactful to bring it up?

The Good News IS the GOOD News.
It's the GLAD tidings of good news for all.
AnyTIME you hear it.
AnyWHERE you hear it.
Under ANY and ALL circumstances.

It is the message that brings PEACE to ALL.
In EVERY circumstance under the sun.
The true GOOD NEWS that Jesus Christ is the saviour of ALL mankind.

It can NEVER be seen as BAD news.
EVER.
To ANYONE.

Praise God, with the good news, people are lifted up, from the desparate mourner who feels there is no hope, to the desperate sinner who feels also that there is no hope.

THE GOOD NEWS IS THE GOOD NEWS.

It is NEVER UNTACTFUL to share the GOOD NEWS.
The fact that some think that it is... well brothers and sisters, that RIGHT THERE should tell you something about the MESSAGE you are spreading.

Just my .02
peace,
sparrow

Old 06-09-2010, 10:52 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Just because you don't believe it, that doesn't make it any less true. All it means is.... you just don't believe it! I'd say this guy is on to something......and I mean, on the mark! What book would do I think you should send him, that you think would really help him? Is it not the Bible he preaches from? Then "MARK" his words...he's got it right!
You're absolutely right Betsey. There needs to be more teaching about hell from the pulpits. In recent generations, it is being taught less and less. And as a result, there are more people being deceived by this universalism heresy.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:54 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Tact?

If it's the "good news", then how on earth could it be untactful to bring it up?

AnyTIME you hear it.
AnyWHERE you hear it.

EVER.
To ANYONE.

Praise God, with the good news, people are lifted up, from the desparate mourner who feels there is no hope, to the desperate sinner who feels also that there is no hope.

The fact that some think that it is... well brothers and sisters, that RIGHT THERE should tell you something about the MESSAGE you are spreading.

Just my .02
peace,
sparrow
Amen! Are there things about God's personal character that one could not share with a three year old? Didn't Jesus say not to prevent the children from coming to him? You know, I think the ET doctrine actually does prevent children from trusting. It did me.

Heartsong

Old 06-09-2010, 10:56 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
I'm not even going to comment about your first question. It's called TACT. If you don't understand the difference, well, I don't know what to say to you.

Regarding money, it's really not up to you to decide where people should be spending it.

I don't know what churches you've attended, but the churches I've attended over the years, there were many unbelievers that came each week and they weren't turned away for being "bad seeds" so I don't know where you got that idea from.

The good news is that Jesus Christ died so that we may have life with Him in heaven. You don't understand this is good news because you've put God in a box. If He doesn't save all than that's not good news to universalists. Your FALSE good news is straight from Satan. Oh wait, but you don't believe in him. Why can't you see that is exactly what he wants? When people die in their sins and go to hell because they heard from universalists that all are saved, their blood in on your hands. Don't you understand the seriousness of this?!

Old 06-09-2010, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Tact?

AnyTIME you hear it.
AnyWHERE you hear it.

EVER.
To ANYONE.

Praise God, with the good news, people are lifted up, from the desparate mourner who feels there is no hope, to the desperate sinner who feels also
that there is no hope.

Just my .02
peace,
sparrow
Precisely! Beautiful! Exactly!

Old 06-09-2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Amen! Are there things about God's personal character that one could not share with a three year old? Didn't Jesus say not to prevent the children from coming to him? You know, I think the ET doctrine actually does prevent children from trusting. It did me.

Heartsong

Same here! I'm learning slowly but surely that God is love, and NOBODY can take that away from me! Not ETs, not Crusaders, not end-timers! Nobody!

The freedom from the fear machine kind of takes your breath away!

Fruit of the Spirit: LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, KINDNESS, GENTLENESS.

Old 06-10-2010, 12:19 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,615,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post

Anyway, what book do you think I should send him that you think would really help him?
Amazon.com: The Inescapable Love of God (9781581128314): Thomas Talbott: Books

Old 06-10-2010, 12:29 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,522,699 times
Quote:
Tact?

AnyTIME you hear it.
AnyWHERE you hear it.

EVER.
To ANYONE.

Just my .02
peace,
sparrow
When is it not tactful to say a loved one died and went to heaven? LOL

Your post is awesome.. took the words right out of my typing fingers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity