Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2010, 03:25 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Did God create darkness and cold?
It exists doesn't it?

Acts 14:15 ... living God, WHO MADE THE HEAVEN AND THE EARTH AND THE SEA AND ALL THAT IS IN THEM.

Heb. 2:10 ...God, for whom and through whom everything exists...

Jer. 10:16 ...He is the Creator of everything that exists...

1 Cor. 11:12 ...all things originate from God...

Need I post more?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 03:31 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
And just who is it to determine what is fair or just about what God does or doesn't do?

Isn't that the real crust behind the question\debate over eternal damnation of the unbeliever?

I never mentioned anything about being fair . I also never mentioned anything about UR .

If you are trying to tell me that God's ways and thoughts are higher than ours to justify that God could do anything he wants in the name of love and we can't , you might as well speak to the wall in front of you , because i ain't listening to such baloney.

If you think it's fair that God can burn billions eternally just because he's God and you not bat an eye lid , but on the other hand be shocked by some of the awful things we witness in this life , the mind of the man who truely believes this is warped.

Old 06-21-2010, 03:37 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I never mentioned anything about being fair . I also never mentioned anything about UR .

If you are trying to tell me that God's ways and thoughts are higher than ours to justify that God could do anything he wants in the name of love and we can't , you might as well speak to the wall in front of you , because i ain't listening to such baloney.

If you think it's fair that God can burn billions eternally just because he's God and not bat an eye lid , but on the other hand be shocked by some of the awful things we witness in this life , the mind of the man who truely believes this is warped.
Would've repped, but...

Old 06-21-2010, 03:39 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

If you think it's fair that God can burn billions eternally just because he's God and not bat an eye lid , but on the other hand be shocked by some of the awful things we witness in this life , the mind of the man who truely believes this is warped.
I so agree with you. Everyone has a certain image of God that they believe in and it determines how they relate to others. No doubt about that. We are told, "Love one another, for love is of God..." And Jesus talked about how it is 'nothing' if you only love those who love you - that even 'sinners' do the same. Love your enemies.... Wow! That is radical!

Jesus was radical. And they crucified him for his radical views.

Heartsong

Old 06-21-2010, 03:56 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
And just who is it to determine what is fair or just about what God does or doesn't do?

Isn't that the real crust behind the question\debate over eternal damnation of the unbeliever?

Yep and we can determine what God will and won't do, what he can and cannot do.

God cannot lie, that is one.

God will not allow any to perish, that is another.

All Gods desire he will do, yet another.

God will save all mankind and bring them to the knowledge of truth, yet another.

You can say "who are you to say what God can and can't do" and it is meaningless, because it is God that tells us these things.

Take it up with the almighty.

Old 06-21-2010, 04:10 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
It exists doesn't it?

Acts 14:15 ... living God, WHO MADE THE HEAVEN AND THE EARTH AND THE SEA AND ALL THAT IS IN THEM.

Heb. 2:10 ...God, for whom and through whom everything exists...

Jer. 10:16 ...He is the Creator of everything that exists...

1 Cor. 11:12 ...all things originate from God...

Need I post more?
Genesis says:

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

So, darkness was there before creation, and then God created light. If God created darkness, then what was there before darkness? When nothing exists, there is coldness and darkness.

Old 06-21-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Genesis says:

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

So, darkness was there before creation, and then God created light. If God created darkness, then what was there before darkness? When nothing exists, there is coldness and darkness.
So the earth was not there either yet it was the earth just without form? Who created the earth without form then?

You can argue with the scripture all you want... the bible says numerous times that without God nothing exists.

BTW - who is the face of the deep?

Old 06-21-2010, 07:10 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
So the earth was not there either yet it was the earth just without form? Who created the earth without form then?
I am talking about darkness, not earth. I am saying darkness is simply absence of light, and therefore it does not need to be created.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:43 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,696,783 times
Quote:
I am talking about darkness, not earth. I am saying darkness is simply absence of light, and therefore it does not need to be created.
But I would think the dark is part of time, space and matter which God created "In the beginning", it was only after the heaven and earth were created that darkness is first mentioned as being upon the face of the deep ..........

Old 06-21-2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
But I would think the dark is part of time, space and matter which God created "In the beginning", it was only after the heaven and earth were created that darkness is first mentioned as being upon the face of the deep ..........
I agree. I think we can safely say that everything that exists is made or thought up or brought into being (including darkness) by a creator... who made the creator is my question!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity