Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 08:43 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,206,988 times

Advertisements

sciotamicks - do you believe that UR's will go to heaven or hell? I already know you think that I will go there - because I am a Heatherist (basically - a heathen) but I'm wondering what you think of your fellow believers. Just so you know - this is an honest question - I'm not trying to pick a fight or be mean or anything. I'm merely curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 08:44 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,142,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Because the few are the many. You don't understand what the Many...or the Few even refer to do you?

Remember who you are talking to here....read my status.
No the few are not the many. That would be nonsensical. But please explain your preterist reasoning.

The few are the chosen elect - chosen to be priests and kings and judges and ministers - they are the workers chosen to bring in the harvest. There is a big harvest to bring in. They have been given a glimpse of God's plan.

The many are all those who have sinned in Adam, the same many who will be made righteous, the same many that Christ shed His blood for.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
You stil dont understand. The gospel is made available for US to spread. Because God gave US the gospel to sread, within those two themes, at the core, is His choosing! Who responds, to our spreading of the gospel, is how He chooses. His saints, those who He chooses, are working for Him, by spreading the gospel. Such little you know. My advice is take off the UR glasses, and you will see the bigger picture.
No you have it backwards my friend.

If God has already chosen who responds, then He has already chosen how the gospel will be spread so that those whom He wishes will respond. You don't get it. God is in control of who hears and even who spreads the gospel.

And spare me the platitudes. It only makes you look arrogant.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:53 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,444,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
sciotamicks - do you believe that UR's will go to heaven or hell? I already know you think that I will go there - because I am a Heatherist (basically - a heathen) but I'm wondering what you think of your fellow believers. Just so you know - this is an honest question - I'm not trying to pick a fight or be mean or anything. I'm merely curious.
Off topic, but I will answer.....It depends...do you believe Christ, God in the Flesh, saved you from certain death? Did you confess this to Him?

Old 07-06-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Interpret scripture with scripture. Not your flawed philospophy.
The Jew in the first century has no idea what you are talking about.
Who is many?
Look it up...or would you like me to expand?
The many are all who died in Adam. EVERYONE (excluding Himself).

Old 07-06-2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
No you have it backwards my friend.

If God has already chosen who responds, then He has already chosen how the gospel will be spread so that those whom He wishes will respond. You don't get it. God is in control of who hears and even who spreads the gospel.
No....you have it all messed up. Whom He chooses is who He elects to spread the gospel, and it is who He chooses that responds to the gospel being spread by those who He elected. It is a realtionship. God draws, man confesses or COMES to Him. Man can reject His call.

Quote:
And spare me the platitudes. It only makes you look arrogant.
So now exposing the fallacy in UR via Biblical text is arrogant?
Now I have heard it all.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
The many are all who died in Adam. EVERYONE (excluding Himself).
And who died in Adam?

Old 07-06-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
No....you have it all messed up. Whom He chooses is who He elects to spread the gospel, and it is who He chooses that responds to the gospel being spread by those who He elected. It is a realtionship. God draws, man confesses or COMES to Him. Man can reject His call.
Ok I'm honestly confused on what you believe. Are you saying some non-elect are saved?!? Are you saying only those who spread the gospel are elect? Can you clarify the above paragraph... Thanks.

Quote:
So now exposing the fallacy in UR via Biblical text is arrogant?
Now I have heard it all.
No your trite comments of "such little you know" is arrogant. Perhaps reread your post.

Old 07-06-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
And who died in Adam?
Everyone (excluding Christ). I thought that was obvious.

Old 07-06-2010, 09:08 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,007,969 times
Quote:
You stil dont understand. The gospel is made available for US to spread. Because God gave US the gospel to sread, within those two themes, at the core, is His choosing! Who responds, to our spreading of the gospel, is how He chooses. His saints, those who He chooses, are working for Him, by spreading the gospel.
This claim by evangelicals always amazed me.God makes man.Man screws up and sins.And sins.And sins.Throughout Jewish history.So God sends Christ,His ONLY Son,to die on the cross because humans screwed everything up.So after Christ dies for us,because we unfailingly throughout history screw up and continually sin,God turns to the people that caused ALL the problems and says...."now it's up to you to spread the Gospel so that the world will know My Son died for them,and if you don't do it right then people will go to hell".God's plan,according to the evangelicals,is,in other words,for the very people who keep screwing everything up to be the ones responsible for implementing the plan of salvation for all mankind.And we have the likes of Fred Phelps,Ted Haggard,Jimmy Swaggart,Peter Popoff,Jim Bakker,etc,etc responsible for showing the way of Christ to the world.Hmmm.

Last edited by lifertexan; 07-06-2010 at 09:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity