Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2010, 05:30 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,433,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Silly woman....

Old 11-15-2010, 05:38 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,758,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Wash, rinse, and repeat.

This deals with all the verses posted, and then some:

Universalism against itself

The "co-savior" traditional fundamentalist theologian, Alexander Wilford Hall, does nothing but provide eloquent language in order to put forth a myriad of logical fallacies and rely on erroneous translations in order to form his weak attempt at a rebuttal of the teachings of the restitution of all things.

All of his arguments are dismantled and do thus collapse under close scrutiny.

Here is a writing which blows all of his arguments out of the water ...

Restitution of All Things (Index) (http://www.tentmaker.org/restitutionindex.htm - broken link)

For anyone who may be interested ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 11-15-2010 at 05:47 PM..

Old 11-15-2010, 05:41 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,405,679 times
Exclamation Universal reconciliation is true

Is the Doctrine of Limited Punishment, Terminated by Destruction True?

No, it's not true.

Neither is eternal cessation of human life true.

Instead, universal reconciliation is true.

The Doctrine of Limited Punishment, Terminated by Destruction.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:48 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times
Quote:
Wash, rinse, and repeat.

Quote:
This deals with all the verses posted, and then some:

Universalism against itself
Reader: You are now through the book, and have doubtless detected many imperfections, both in style and language (to say the least). But a few words of explanation will perhaps apologize for such (highly doubtful), and all other defects which you may have discovered (to many to list) in the forgoing pages.

Give it a break, Scoitamicks.
Especially, when there are those who feel the need to defend the authors work.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:50 PM

Quote:

Old 11-15-2010, 05:50 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,277,299 times
Sciotamick i wish you'd give me a little more respect than that , has i have explained quite often of late on this forum, much of what i believe i have believed pre UR and my question to her has nothing to do with UR , but to be quite frank much to do with the hate that is spewed out and passed off as being loving the love of God.

And i'm sorry but your explaination does not wash, Matthew 5:43,44 is speaking directly to all of us,"you have heard it said love your neighbor and hate your enemy,but i say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you". And the person i directed the question to, wants us to believe that God hates the enemies that he beseeches us to love, it's an absolute distortion of the truth and the heart of God, and i want to know what her explaination is of "but i say unto you".

It's also a reflection of how off balance the message of christendom(i'm being extremely polite in calling it christendom) is, and for arguments sake even if ET or annihilation are true,it's still way off balance with its message. It majors heavily on the problem with the world , rather than the answer,it goes to great lengths to magnify the judgements of God rather than the answer,and Sciota i know you are intelligent enough to see this...... And i will say if i am or going to be off balance regarding anything concerning the things of God, i am more than happy to pitch my tent off balance on his great heart of love, than the message of christendom that lauds sin,the condition of a man's heart and what it perceives has judgement to come, over the riches of his grace, his mercy that endures for ever,his love that is beyond comprehension and his long suffering that will's none to perish.

How right Jesus was when he said "You hypocrits you have neglected the more important matters of the law,justice,mercy and faithfullness,you blind guides, you strain out at gnat and swallow a camel.

Last edited by pcamps; 11-15-2010 at 06:13 PM..

Old 11-15-2010, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Sciotamick i wish you'd give me a little more respect than that , has i have explained quite often of late on this forum, much of what i believe i have believed pre UR and my question to her has nothing to do with UR , but to be quite frank much to do with the hate that is spewed out and passed off as being loving the love of God.

And i'm sorry but your explaination does not wash, Matthew 5:43,44 is speaking directly to all of us,"you have heard it said love your neighbor and hate your enemy,but i say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you". And the person i directed the question to wants us to believe that God hates the enemies that he beseeches us to love, it's an absolute distortion of the truth and the heart of God, and i want to know what her explaination is of "but i say unto you".

It's also a reflection of how off balance the message of christendom(i'm being extremely polite in calling it christendom) is, and for arguments sake even if ET or annihilation are true,it's still way off balance with its message. It majors heavily on the problem with the world , rather than the answer,it goes to great lengths to magnify the judgements of God rather than the answer,and Sciota i know you are intelligent enough to see this...... And i will say if i am or going to be off balance regarding anything concerning the things of God, i am more than happy to pitch my tent off balance on his great heart of love, than the message of christendom that lauds sin,the condition of a man's heart and what it perceives has judgement to come, over the riches of his grace, his mercy that endures for ever,his love that is beyond comprehension and his long suffering that will's none to perish.

How right Jesus was when he said "You hypocrits you have neglected the more important matters of the law,justice,mercy and faithfullness,you blind guides, you strain out at gnat and swallow a camel.
You can see the fallen human nature in false religions. They tend to base themselves on the idea of "might makes right". That is why traditional orthodox Christianity, along with Islam and many other religions, are theocratic ...

If you ask me, the example which Christ gave us truly communicates the express image of the father. And everything he did was the opposite of what fallen human nature and the religions built around it would do. He sacrificed himself, not only for those that are believing, but even for his enemies.

It is written the the greatest should be as though they were the least, and that the servant is truly the master. Why don't people understand that is how God relates to his creation? He is God, and he deserves to be God, not simply because he has authority and the power to squash his enemies when ever he sees fit, but mainly because he truly has the best interest for his creation.

He is the master, because he is the greatest of all servants, and he knows what every person ultimately needs and he has a plan and a purpose for every single one of us, even the ones that seem the most insignificant or even diabolical. It is Gods nature to overcome evil with Good, and it is not his nature to return evil for evil, because God is Good.

But the carnal nature doesn't seem to be able to accept that. The carnal nature relies on a system of punishment and reward, and can only thrive and develop within that environment. It requires the law, and knowledge of the law actually causes sin to increase within the carnal nature.

The law says eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth and to return evil for evil with equal measure, but Jesus says to forgive others, and to love our enemies and bless them and pray for them, and to turn the other cheek, and Paul echoed Christ and taught not to resist evil men but to overcome evil with Good.

The example Jesus provided by the life that he lived, regardless of how people may attempt to twist his words, completely and utterly denounces the traditional orthodox fundamentalist religions and what they teach.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:48 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,152,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

And i'm sorry but your explaination does not wash, Matthew 5:43,44 is speaking directly to all of us,"you have heard it said love your neighbor and hate your enemy,but i say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you". And the person i directed the question to, wants us to believe that God hates the enemies that he beseeches us to love, it's an absolute distortion of the truth and the heart of God, and i want to know what her explaination is of "but i say unto you".

You know, this post is quite funny after reading your posts defending war. You do realize there are actually 2 beast systems, right? You defend Christ on this thread, while defending the governmental beast on the other. My, my, how confused some are.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:54 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,936,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwade View Post

reader: You are now through the book, and have doubtless detected many imperfections, both in style and language (to say the least). But a few words of explanation will perhaps apologize for such (highly doubtful), and all other defects which you may have discovered (to many to list) in the forgoing pages.
lmao

Old 11-15-2010, 07:15 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,277,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
You know, this post is quite funny after reading your posts defending war. You do realize there are actually 2 beast systems, right? You defend Christ on this thread, while defending the governmental beast on the other. My, my, how confused some are.
Do you really think reading from my post as a whole that i lean on the side of the downside of man ?. Go back and read my post on this thread again, i even gave you guys for arguments sake the benefit of doubt regarding ET and annihilation.If we are going to debate on a scale of Gods love and Gods wrath it's blatantly clear where i heavily lean from my posts where i stand , and it's blatantly obvious from you and many others stand where you heavily from yours and there posts.

I think you will find that not once did i defend the government in the way you are trying to put forth,it's there for the good of society regardless of religious or political persuasion, and the laughable thing, which will be denied by the pacifists on that thread is the under current of the the thread was anti republican and not anti government rant, because it's only republicans that are evi, right ?l,war unfortunately is a necessary evil, because of the world we live in,but if you read my last post on their i said that i have said all that i want to say on there, and i like to keep my word,and that goes for continuing it on to this thread too.

Yea there are 2 beasts, one being me, my natural man and the other the religious system and its daughters, which is in bed with the governments of the world, which the Lord called me out of so he could take the beast out of me, the same beast system that as fought the spirit throughout the ages.But to be quite honest i couldn't care less if there were 22 beasts, what does it prove ? , that i understand all mystery's ?(o how wonderful and spiritual i am, whoopy doo) and why should i care ?, there is only one beast i am having to do with and that is the beast in me.

Last edited by pcamps; 11-15-2010 at 07:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.