Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2010, 03:13 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Yes, sometimes some people just say things(even dishonestly) in order to discredit others beliefs.
There is nothing for me to discredit that the bible doesn't do all on it's own. It is enough for me,,,sorry if it isn't for you.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:15 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times
Again, it is so obvious that i cant believe so many people are so blind to it.

Traditional fundamentalist Christianity essentially teaches that Christ fails at the purpose for which he was sent into the world, which was to accomplish Gods desire to save all people.

And they say we who believe and proclaim that Christ is 100% victorious and successful in achieving Gods will to save all people are the heretics ...

Old 11-14-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
There is nothing for me to discredit that the bible doesn't do all on it's own. It is enough for me,,,sorry if it isn't for you.

The bible teaches that the word of God(Christ) will accomplish everything that God desires.

And the scriptures also teach that God desires and will have all people to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth.

God is the savior of all people, and that is what the scriptures teach.

You are sadly mistaken, and cannot accept what the bible really teaches.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:27 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Actually, I would disagree with you by a country mile.

Jesus showed the Pharisees how far removed they were FROM God by doing those things you have described. And I would agree with Jesus on those points. How can one who loves God, hate his brother? How can one who loves God, murder His creation? How can one who loves God, not turn the other cheek? How can one who loves God, love darkness rather than Light?

See, I understand this. What trettep was saying is that ALL men hate God from the onset. I completely disagree, because not ALL men know God. It was those who 'claimed' to love God, yet did horrible things on God's behalf that so far missed the mark that Jesus set them straight.
There is a thread through out the whole of scripture that shows that the natural hated the spiritual. Jesus said the world cannot hate you but it hates me because i testifiy its deeds are evil John 7:7. Man also loves darkness rather than light.

Like i said Jesus is the life and the life is the light to all men, and in hating the life, it hates God.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Well, anyone who claims to believe in eternal death and that most of the people on earth will be lost forever and that it is righteous justice must have a pretty hard heart if you ask me.
Didn't know anyone was asking. You just state your opinions without anyone needing to ask.

Quote:
I used to have one too ... For many many years, and it began to fester within me until i had grown completely soul sick and vexed of spirit.
Sounds like your sin was convicting you, and when the conviction got too tough, you gave heed to seducing spirits.

Quote:
Many Christians go all there lives and never even come to understand the love of God for all people and his purpose which is the salvation of the world.
His Name is Jesus Christ, and that who this 'world' was made for, created for, and ultimately be subjected to. Sadly, this isn't ALL peoples everywhere, but His people who have come to Him and have recieved life.

Quote:
I don't believe you truly understand the nature of God, and that is why you are so vehemently opposed to even the idea that he will save all people.
I really could care less what you believe about me, really. I understand what I need to understand, because He has given me this understanding.

Quote:
Nowhere in the scriptures does it even come close to saying that one must repent and believe and be purified by fire in this life before they die in order to be saved.
Yes it does,,,,reread the Word. ALL of it does.

Quote:
You all just assume that because you have been programmed all your life to believe that God will only save a small few of the worlds inhabitants and that the rest are just trash worthy of nothing but being literally burned, and therefore you believe it is righteous justice and Gods intent for most of humanity, and always has been.
You sure are arrogant, aren't you? Pride is an evil one must let go of to enter into His glory. Haven't you heard?

Quote:
The fire of Gods judgments is for the sole purpose of purification, whether one is cleansed now in this life, or after the resurrection.
The dead end up as nothing, therefore the only purification that comes to them is the cease to exist part.

Quote:
One day you will look back on how you believe now and how you accuse us of being false teachers and you will be ashamed.
Actually, I am ashamed to have ever believed in UR. I argued endlessly with people about this heresy(UR) who believed in ET or CI. But God has shown me the full counsel of the Word, and not some cherry picked out-of-context verses.

Quote:
You will feel sorry for not hoping and believing that God can and will save all people.
God CAN save everyone if He so chose to. Sadly, it isn't what He wants outright. He wants us to come unto Him, willingly, out of our love for Him to honor and worship Him AS GOD, through His Son who was sacrificed for us to even have this chance.

If He wanted to just save everyone, He could, and then we need not learn in this life, and therefore it would make this existance,,,meaningless. We could have just remained spirits, and been with Him forever.

Quote:
By the way, we don't call it magic, we call it a miracle, like turning water into wine. What did the water do in order that it could become wine? Nothing, it was all the work of Christ and his faith, just like the salvation of the world.
Wrong 'world', ironmaw. Kosmos is not the ENTIRE PLANET,,,wake up.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
There is a thread through out the whole of scripture that shows that the natural hated the spiritual. Jesus said the world cannot hate you but it hates me because i testifiy its deeds are evil John 7:7. Man also loves darkness rather than light.

Like i said Jesus is the life and the life is the light to all men, and in hating the life, it hates God.
What I said was good enough, and this is who Jesus was talking to.

Quote:
Jesus showed the Pharisees how far removed they were FROM God by doing those things you have described. And I would agree with Jesus on those points. How can one who loves God, hate his brother? How can one who loves God, murder His creation? How can one who loves God, not turn the other cheek? How can one who loves God, love darkness rather than Light?

See, I understand this. What trettep was saying is that ALL men hate God from the onset. I completely disagree, because not ALL men know God. It was those who 'claimed' to love God, yet did horrible things on God's behalf that so far missed the mark that Jesus set them straight.
Think the disciples HATED Jesus? Hmm. Think His mother HATED Jesus? Think ALL those who followed Jesus just HATED Him?

And if you think this, you also think they HATED God?

And I am off the mark by a country mile? Interesting.....

Old 11-14-2010, 03:35 PM

Quote:
The bible teaches that the word of God(Christ) will accomplish everything that God desires.

And the scriptures also teach that God desires and will have all people to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth.

God is the savior of all people, and that is what the scriptures teach.

You are sadly mistaken, and cannot accept what the bible really teaches.
You are a funny man.

The scriptures teach many things, as shown by the devil tempting Jesus, but pulling them out of context to suit ones own doctrine is VERY dangerous.

Your doctrine is lie,,,and the OLDEST LIE at that.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Again, it is so obvious that i cant believe so many people are so blind to it.

Traditional fundamentalist Christianity essentially teaches that Christ fails at the purpose for which he was sent into the world, which was to accomplish Gods desire to save all people.

And they say we who believe and proclaim that Christ is 100% victorious and successful in achieving Gods will to save all people are the heretics ...

OK FUNNY MAN!

Why Are We STILL HERE THEN?

Why put people through TRIALS and TRIBULATIONS AT ALL?

And you say what we believe is sadistic?

Really?

What you believe is kinda like pulling the wings off a fly to watch him squirm around, only to say after it dies,,,"Sorry, here is your wings back".

Old 11-14-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
You are a funny man.

The scriptures teach many things, as shown by the devil tempting Jesus, but pulling them out of context to suit ones own doctrine is VERY dangerous.

Your doctrine is lie,,,and the OLDEST LIE at that.

It is unfortunate that you believe that the truth of Christ being the savior of all people, and that he is completely successful at accomplishing everything that God desires, is the oldest lie ...

Old 11-14-2010, 03:46 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
What I said was good enough, and this is who Jesus was talking to.

Think the disciples HATED Jesus? Hmm. Think His mother HATED Jesus? Think ALL those who followed Jesus just HATED Him?

And if you think this, you also think they HATED God?

And I am off the mark by a country mile? Interesting.....
So the disciples were not of the world, they were not part of the all have fallen short of the glory of God, maybe they belonged to that kosmos you believe in.and did not qualify as being in the world Jesus referred to. You are totally missing it Hot, it's about the natural man, the old man(not your Dad),our old self,the carnal mind,the alienated mind.our old nature.

The carnal mind is emnity against God, for it is not subject to the law of God,neither can it be Romans 8:7. Maybe the disciples natural mind was from that kosmos you believe in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity