Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 09:06 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Exactly right. It is black and white. The word of God is absolutely clear that apart from an individuals personal faith in Christ he cannot be saved, but will remain under condemnation.
No doubt, it's absolutely clear. The Father's will includes "and believes". A careful study of scriptures will also show that this is required before death.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:39 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I don't what you mean by "again" ...however it is Jesus that makes it clear that its a black or white issue.

John 6:40
For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have EONIAN life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has EONIAN life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see [EONIAN] life, for God’s wrath remains on them.

Those who don't believe will not see the life pertaining to the eons/ages to come.
Those who do believe will see life pertaining to the eons/ages to come.

Just because one will not see life pertaining to the eons/ages to come does not mean they will never be saved.

1 Timothy 2:4-6 proves the UR case. Christ ransomed all mankind, therefore God will save all mankind. . . after the eons/ages have run their course.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:01 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
So are you saying that the gospel message must bother a person for there to be truth in it?
Exactly ... It is the Gospel, "the good news", it is supposed to be a "feel good message" of hope for the entire world, not a threat of impending doom for most of humanity that should be feared, not "the bad news".

Old 12-30-2010, 10:50 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,181,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Exactly ... It is the Gospel, "the good news", it is supposed to be a "feel good message" of hope for the entire world, not a threat of impending doom for most of humanity that should be feared, not "the bad news".
Selah!!

What did mankind fear before the coming of Christ, and His words of comfort?

Old 12-30-2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
So are you saying that the gospel message must bother a person for there to be truth in it?
There are three concepts running a muck here:

To express the message (whether by explicitly or tongue in cheek) that the father's will doesn't require who looks to the Son and believes in him before death is to be opposed to the truth as Jesus specifically stated.John 6:40

If the patient rejects to follow the prescription..its the patient's fault and suffers the consequence. When the patient gets cured.. its to the credit of the doctor and reaps the benefits.

So it is with eternal life. When a person gets cured, God gets the credit and the person will reap the benefit. However if they reject the prescription, it's their fault and they will suffer the the consequence. John 3:36

It takes the correct understanding and usage of the law for the gospel to be a "gospel message".

• I'm sure you're aware of this analogy that it's not the Dr's fault when the patient who has cancer only wants to hear "everything will be just fine".
  • Nor is it the Dr's fault when people can't differentiate between "adult strength" and "children's strength" when it comes to the message of law and gospel.
Though both dosage strength is correct when understood and applied correctly, to confuse who gets what is not. Satan does whatever he can to get you to use the dosage amount incorrectly.

UR is the practice of using the "children's strength" message for the adult situations. Somebody who already is bothered by their sins don't need the same message that is intended for those who are not. For whatever reason..this is a foreign concept to many in your camp.

There are times when "children's strength" messages must be used. One such circumstance is when a topic is not addressed in scripture (i.e. infant deaths and how God handles this). We humans do not control the scale of mercy vs. the law..only God does this.

Where and when the scale is defined in scripture, humans can know what God's will is and what the consequence\benefits are.

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.

For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

Guilt......some here just can't understand\handle "why them" and not others. Because they can't figure this out, some admit to have nervous breakdown or others talk about the Bible in terms like a spiritual over active thyroid.

The fact is "all" is not "all inclusive". That is what's throwing the UR people into "mad cow disease". Jesus specifically said

John 6:40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

vs

Satan's propaganda through UR changes God's will.

"For my Father’s will is everyone shall have eternal life"

Old 12-30-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Selah!!

What did mankind fear before the coming of Christ, and His words of comfort?
death...physical and spiritual.

Genesis 2:17
"but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die.”

Who's will is being done for death to occur if disobeyed? Humans? ...

Why do animals and plant life die ? .... because of their own will?
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

But the LORD God called to the man, “Where are you?” He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.Genesis 3:9-10

Adam hid because he now was exposed as a sinful enemy of God. So he was afraid of what .... God's Love?

Last edited by twin.spin; 12-30-2010 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: spacing

Old 12-30-2010, 12:24 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,836,603 times
Yes Gods love to not lie and to do exactly what He said He would do.

Old 12-30-2010, 12:25 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,948,010 times
Quote:

To express the message (whether by explicitly or tongue in cheek) that the father's will doesn't require who looks to the Son and believes in him before death is to be opposed to the truth as Jesus specifically stated.John 6:40

If the patient rejects to follow the prescription..its the patient's fault and suffers the consequence. When the patient gets cured.. its to the credit of the doctor and reaps the benefits.

So it is with eternal life. When a person gets cured, God gets the credit and the person will reap the benefit. However if they reject the prescription, it's their fault and they will suffer the the consequence. John 3:36

It takes the correct understanding and usage of the law for the gospel to be a "gospel message".

• I'm sure you're aware of this analogy that it's not the Dr's fault when the patient who has cancer only wants to hear "everything will be just fine".
  • Nor is it the Dr's fault when people can't differentiate between "adult strength" and "children's strength" when it comes to the message of law and gospel.
Though both dosage strength is correct when understood and applied correctly, to confuse who gets what is not. Satan does whatever he can to get you to use the dosage amount incorrectly.

UR is the practice of using the "children's strength" message for the adult situations. Somebody who already is bothered by their sins don't need the same message that is intended for those who are not. For whatever reason..this is a foreign concept to many in your camp.

There are times when "children's strength" messages must be used. One such circumstance is when a topic is not addressed in scripture (i.e. infant deaths and how God handles this). We humans do not control the scale of mercy vs. the law..only God does this.

Where and when the scale is defined in scripture, humans can know what God's will is and what the consequence\benefits are.

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.

John 6:40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

Guilt......some here just can't understand\handle "why them" and not others. Because they can't figure this out, some admit to have nervous breakdown or others talk about the Bible in terms like a spiritual over active thyroid.

The fact is "all" is not "all inclusive". That is what's throwing the UR people into "mad cow disease". Jesus specifically said

vs

I have to disagree with 2 reasonings you put forth.

Most people labeled UR in this forum profess that salvation of all only takes place through Jesus Christ. Perhaps you are speaking of a group somewhere else and I missed it.

What many, including myself, sometime profess is that the image of Christ is not always what someone who has been taught primarily in institutionalized churches might expect to see. There is a huge difference between that and what you seem to be claiming.

Also while there are differing opinions on what Gods judgments amount to there is vast agreement that no one bypasses Gods judgments, the main difference between the eternal separationist belief and the Universal Salavation / Reconciliation belief is just that, what those judgments amount to.

Feel free to disagree with any specific part of my beliefs, but you will not be able to rightly claim that I believe that Jesus is not the only way, nor will you be able to claim that I believe we bypass Gods judgments in some way.

Old 12-30-2010, 02:02 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times
Quote:

For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

vs

There are so many holes in your argument(s) ...

You start out your argument on a completely false assumption that is based entirely on traditional orthodox teachings and which cannot be found anywhere in the scriptures. That is the Idea that one must believe before they die in order to be saved.

Then you continue to expound on that erroneous foundation with a bald faced lie that Jesus "specifically" said as much in the scriptures. When in fact it is nowhere mentioned even once that one must believe before they die in order to be saved, but instead they specifically teach the opposite, that "the gospel is preached to the dead so that even though they are judged as men in the flesh they will live in the spirit according to God".

After that you make some completely inane analogies using a Dr. as a comparison to God, as if a doctor had the power to accomplish anything he desire in the first place.

God can do whatever he wants, if he wants to heal someone of cancer, guess what? They will be healed.

And if God wants to change the heart of Saul and convert him into Paul, guess what? He will be changed and converted.

It is in Gods power to say everything will work out for the best in the end and then deliver. He can say it will all be alright and then accomplish just that if that is what he truly desires, and the bible specifically states that it is Gods will and desire that all should be saved.

You then go on to talk about the "child strength" vs. the "adult strength", and though i don't really follow what you are saying i infer that you are making reference to being spiritually mature v.s being spiritually immature. I don't know, I wont go there yet, as that part didn't make a whole lot of sense to me, so maybe you could expound on it?

You quote certain verses, and then you apply the Sir. Spinsalot version of the traditional orthodox interpretation to them and say, "this is what God says", instead of taking the verses to mean what they say and only that.

he who is believing in the Son, hath life age-during; and he who is not believing the Son, shall not see life, but the wrath of God doth remain upon him.

Yes, the above scripture is absolutely true, though what many Christians understand it to mean is not true.

And many Christians are misinformed as to the meaning of the above scripture largely due to their lack of understanding where the original language of the scriptures are concerned, in this case where the Greek is concerned.

So long as a person is rejecting Christ in their lives, then they will be experiencing the wrath of God. Now this was specifically spoken to the Jews, to whom Christ came as the promised messiah. And in 70 AD the wrath of God did come down on the nation of Israel at the time of the destruction of the temple.

However, ripping the above scripture out of context and then wrongly interpreting it as if Christ were speaking to all mankind instead of to the people of Israel, is not handling the scriptures honestly.

Certainly the idea that Gods wrath remains on people who reject him and live a life of debauchery can be generally applied to the words of Christ above, but that is not how they were intended.

Then questions must arise, "what about those who never heard of the message of the gospel, and therefore never rejected Christ but simply never believed because they didn't know any better?" ... Or, "what about someone who rejects Christ all their lives, but then earnestly asks for forgiveness on their death beds?" ...

How many times must one reject Christ in their lives before they are ultimately doomed?

And why do you suppose that death is more powerful than the work of Christ on the cross, so that once someone dies then that person can no longer receive the benefit of his work thereafter?

If the pain of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law, then the law of sin and death is greater than the law of liberty, and the power of the law of sin and death is greater than the power of the work of Christ on the cross which was for the purpose of fulfilling the law of sin and death and to die for sin in order to overcome death for all people who are in bondage to the power of sin and death. He came to set the captives free, right? ...

I could continue down this road of loopholes in you arguments for ever i'm sure, but I digress ...

Finally, in light of the audience relevance and context of the scriptures which you quoted above, we see that indeed those who look to the son shall have the life of the age(s), and will be raised. But there is also a resurrection unto judgment, as much as their is a resurrection of life. The wicked and unbelieving will be resurrected as well ... At which time they shall be judged, and the effects of that judgment in their lives will cause them to have a change of hear and to be spiritually quickened so that they will acknowledge that Christ is lord and shall worship him to the glory of the father.

Of course i don't imagine you read much of what any of us ever write, as you have proven time and again that you are either truly ignorant of what Christian Biblical Universalism teaches, or you simply refuse to acknowledge what it teaches because you cannot otherwise make answers for it.

Nevertheless, maybe some others may find my words to be of some use, even if you do not ...

Old 12-30-2010, 03:21 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:

There are times when "children's strength" messages must be used.

Twinfinn went to hell …to hell, went Twinfinn.

Appears to say the same thing, no matter which way you read it:

For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes him shall have life and I will raise them up at the last day

And I will raise them up at the last day,
for my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes him shall have life...

…more abundantly?

Judgment and life happens now for a few, after death, and the resurrection to life and judgment for others. (This is saying the same thing, only at different times; each in their own order)

Either way, it happens after you die to self.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity