Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2010, 01:52 PM

154 posts, read 179,468 times

Advertisements

The blood of the lamb, absolutely, allows children to come into His kingdom-

Luke 18:16

But Jesus called the children to him and said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.

Mark 10:14
When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.

Children are accepted into His Kingdom, the blood of the lamb washes them clean. It's for one who knows right and wrong, knows just and unjust, knows love and hate, and walks in hate, wrong, wickedness who have not or will not repent of one's sins, that is not born again, who will not enter the kingdom of Christ.

But, again, children, including babies, will be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I got one for you to contemplate. A poster in another thread talked of Gods fairness, this was concerning the idea that babies can go to hell because they have not accepted Christ. The poster says no baby is in hell but has no scriptural evidence for it. The poster admitted there was no scriptural evidence within the paradigm of eternal hell that actually stated for a fact that babies are not in hell since they did not accept Christ before they died. And after some personal commentary decided that Gods fairness towards the Babies salvation without their acceptance of Christ was a "safe assumption".

So what is your take on Gods fairness?

Is it not fair, rather than emotional feel goodism, that if eternal hell exists and if the only way to avoid it in the new convenant is an acceptance of Jesus before you die on earth that anyone who doesn't including babies are going there?

Lets be consistant here, I found it quite interesting that the poster I speak of is adamant that all conclusions must be defined by the word of God, now makes a conclusion that has nothing to do with scripture but an assumption.

What say you?

Old 12-31-2010, 02:12 PM

For the UR doctorine believers if everyone can enter into God’s kingdom, what does the following mean?

Matthew 7:21“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven"

Mark 3:29
but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin."

Luke 12:10
And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven."

Matthew 12:32
Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come."

John 3:3
Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again."

So, one does not have to be born again, Jesus is actually joking because everyone, eventually, will be welcomed into His kingdom, and blaspheming the Holy Spirit, is no guilty of an eternal sin that will not be forgiven, and not forgiven in this age or the age to come. Surely Jesus has a sense of humor and His cross will pay for one’s sin’s though they do not accept Him, right?

Ok, when God tells Moses the following:
Exodus 32 “This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: ‘Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.’” The Levites did as Moses commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people died. Then Moses said, “You have been set apart to the LORD today, for you were against your own sons and brothers, and he has blessed you this day.”
The next day Moses said to the people, “You have committed a great sin. But now I will up to the LORD; perhaps I can make atonement for your sin.”
31 So Moses went back to the LORD and said, “Oh, what a great sin these people have committed! They have made themselves gods of gold. But now, please forgive their sin—but if not, then blot me out of the book you have written.”
The LORD replied to Moses, “Whoever has sinned against me I will blot out of my book. Now go, lead the people to the place I spoke of, and my angel will go before you. However, when the time comes for me to punish, I will punish them for their sin.”

And in Revelation 3:5- “one who is victorious will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life, but will acknowledge that name before my Father and his angels.

God blotted those out who committed a grave, grave sin against Him and blotted those out of the book of life, in which Jesus says, those who are victorious will never be blotted out. What is the book of life? What does blot mean? If everyone will be welcomed into His kingdom, not necessarily accepting His gift of salvation on earth, but as you suppose, eventually, where did the people go from the Lamb’s book of life? Does the Bible tell of those who are blotted out and put back in because He is so loving? If so, where?

When those of you who believe this, hurry and check google to find something on that and get back to me.

Old 12-31-2010, 02:59 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,627,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdinh View Post
For the UR doctorine believers if everyone can enter into God’s kingdom, what does the following mean?

Matthew 7:21“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven"

but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin."

And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven."

Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come."

Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again."

So, one does not have to be born again, Jesus is actually joking because everyone, eventually, will be welcomed into His kingdom, and blaspheming the Holy Spirit, is no guilty of an eternal sin that will not be forgiven, and not forgiven in this age or the age to come. Surely Jesus has a sense of humor and His cross will pay for one’s sin’s though they do not accept Him, right?

Exodus 32 “This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: ‘Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.’” The Levites did as Moses commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people died. Then Moses said, “You have been set apart to the LORD today, for you were against your own sons and brothers, and he has blessed you this day.”
The next day Moses said to the people, “You have committed a great sin. But now I will up to the LORD; perhaps I can make atonement for your sin.”
31 So Moses went back to the LORD and said, “Oh, what a great sin these people have committed! They have made themselves gods of gold. But now, please forgive their sin—but if not, then blot me out of the book you have written.”
The LORD replied to Moses, “Whoever has sinned against me I will blot out of my book. Now go, lead the people to the place I spoke of, and my angel will go before you. However, when the time comes for me to punish, I will punish them for their sin.”

And in Revelation 3:5- “one who is victorious will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life, but will acknowledge that name before my Father and his angels.

God blotted those out who committed a grave, grave sin against Him and blotted those out of the book of life, in which Jesus says, those who are victorious will never be blotted out. What is the book of life? What does blot mean? If everyone will be welcomed into His kingdom, not necessarily accepting His gift of salvation on earth, but as you suppose, eventually, where did the people go from the Lamb’s book of life? Does the Bible tell of those who are blotted out and put back in because He is so loving? If so, where?

When those of you who believe this, hurry and check google to find something on that and get back to me.
No you're the one who needs to do their homework......do some research on the scriptures you quoted, all the answers to your questions are there if you would only take the time to investigate. There's no excuse anymore to be ignorant of the truth.

Old 12-31-2010, 03:37 PM

Lol, u serious? If you don't know, no need to reply, just allows those who will address it, address it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
No you're the one who needs to do their homework......do some research on the scriptures you quoted, all the answers to your questions are there if you would only take the time to investigate. There's no excuse anymore to be ignorant of the truth.

Old 12-31-2010, 03:43 PM

God is a jealous God in that He wants to be first in our lives, not second to a false god or made up god.

Here read a few of these:

Exodus 20:5
You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,

Exodus 34:14
Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.

Deuteronomy 4:24
For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.

Deuteronomy 5:9
You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,

Deuteronomy 6:15
for the LORD your God, who is among you, is a jealous God and his anger will burn against you, and he will destroy you from the face of the land.

Joshua 24:19
Joshua said to the people, “You are not able to serve the LORD. He is a holy God; he is a jealous God. He will not forgive your rebellion and your sins.

Ezekiel 16:38
I will sentence you to the punishment of women who commit adultery and who shed blood; I will bring on you the blood vengeance of my wrath and jealous anger.

Ezekiel 16:42
Then my wrath against you will subside and my jealous anger will turn away from you; I will be calm and no longer angry.

Ezekiel 23:25
I will direct my jealous anger against you, and they will deal with you in fury. They will cut off your noses and your ears, and those of you who are left will fall by the sword. They will take away your sons and daughters, and those of you who are left will be consumed by fire.

Ezekiel 36:6
Therefore prophesy concerning the land of Israel and say to the mountains and hills, to the ravines and valleys: ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I speak in my jealous wrath because you have suffered the scorn of the nations.

Nahum 1:2
[ The LORD’s Anger Against Nineveh ] The LORD is a jealous and avenging God; the LORD takes vengeance and is filled with wrath. The LORD takes vengeance on his foes and vents his wrath against his enemies.

Zephaniah 3:8
Therefore wait for me,” declares the LORD, “for the day I will stand up to testify. I have decided to assemble the nations, to gather the kingdoms and to pour out my wrath on them— all my fierce anger. The whole world will be consumed by the fire of my jealous anger.

Zechariah 1:14
Then the angel who was speaking to me said, “Proclaim this word: This is what the LORD Almighty says: ‘I am very jealous for Jerusalem and Zion,

1 Corinthians 10:22
Are we trying to arouse the Lord’s jealousy? Are we stronger than he?

James 4:5
Or do you think Scripture says without reason that he jealously longs for the spirit he has caused to dwell in us ?

So though you may think it is a weak emotion, He is jealous for our love an affection, and will not be second, third or fourth place in one's life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You actually believe your God has human weaknesses, like Jealousy . . . just because our ignorant primitive ancestors thought so???? You believe there are other gods that can be worshiped?? There is ONLY ONE . . . so it is not possible for Him to be jealous of any other god . . . even if He had such human weaknesses. Have you thought about these things you believe . . . at all???

Old 12-31-2010, 04:31 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,035,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

Is God's will being done in Matthew 25:31-46
[indent]Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father;.........."

Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels........."

“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”
But that isn't eternal punisment. Eternal means to have no beginning and no end. Aionios doesn't mean eternal.

Old 12-31-2010, 04:32 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,500,276 times
Quote:
God is a jealous God in that He wants to be first in our lives, not second to a false god or made up god.

Here read a few of these:

Exodus 20:5

Exodus 34:14
Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.

Deuteronomy 4:24
For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.

Deuteronomy 5:9

Deuteronomy 6:15
for the LORD your God, who is among you, is a jealous God and his anger will burn against you, and he will destroy you from the face of the land.

Joshua 24:19
Joshua said to the people, “You are not able to serve the LORD. He is a holy God; he is a jealous God. He will not forgive your rebellion and your sins.

Ezekiel 16:38
I will sentence you to the punishment of women who commit adultery and who shed blood; I will bring on you the blood vengeance of my wrath and jealous anger.

Ezekiel 16:42
Then my wrath against you will subside and my jealous anger will turn away from you; I will be calm and no longer angry.

Ezekiel 23:25
I will direct my jealous anger against you, and they will deal with you in fury. They will cut off your noses and your ears, and those of you who are left will fall by the sword. They will take away your sons and daughters, and those of you who are left will be consumed by fire.

Ezekiel 36:6
Therefore prophesy concerning the land of Israel and say to the mountains and hills, to the ravines and valleys: ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I speak in my jealous wrath because you have suffered the scorn of the nations.

Nahum 1:2
[ The LORD’s Anger Against Nineveh ] The LORD is a jealous and avenging God; the LORD takes vengeance and is filled with wrath. The LORD takes vengeance on his foes and vents his wrath against his enemies.

Zephaniah 3:8
Therefore wait for me,” declares the LORD, “for the day I will stand up to testify. I have decided to assemble the nations, to gather the kingdoms and to pour out my wrath on them— all my fierce anger. The whole world will be consumed by the fire of my jealous anger.

Zechariah 1:14
Then the angel who was speaking to me said, “Proclaim this word: This is what the LORD Almighty says: ‘I am very jealous for Jerusalem and Zion,

1 Corinthians 10:22
Are we trying to arouse the Lord’s jealousy? Are we stronger than he?

James 4:5
Or do you think Scripture says without reason that he jealously longs for the spirit he has caused to dwell in us ?

So though you may think it is a weak emotion, He is jealous for our love an affection, and will not be second, third or fourth place in one's life.
tdinh,

Thanks for posting those verses.

Old 12-31-2010, 04:35 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,627,655 times
Quote:
Lol, u serious? If you don't know, no need to reply, just allows those who will address it, address it.
You're new here and you need to do your homework and research old threads for your answers. It's all been answered already. Don't get smart with me, I'm not called Warrior Princess for nothing. I'll give you a break since you're new, this time.

Old 12-31-2010, 04:39 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,035,143 times
Quote:

Simply once those people eventually do the will of the Father then they will get into the Kingdom of Heaven.

Quote:
Simple here. The word translated eternal doesn't mean eternal. Aionios doesn't mean eternal. And to not be forgiven just mean they will pay for such a sin UNTIL it is paid in full.

Quote:
Same as last answer. They will pay UNTIL it is paid in full - no longer.

Quote:
Again, just means they will have to pay until the debt is paid in full.

Quote:
Everyone eventually will be.

Quote:
God is powerful enough to persaude any and all people to believe.

Quote:
Everyone has sinned according to God so everyone was blotted out of the book, But since He is WRITING the book that tells us that He is writing names back in. Eventually all shall be back in the book of life.

Quote:

Everyone will eventually be written back into the book that the Lord is WRITING.

Old 12-31-2010, 04:45 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,500,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
But that isn't eternal punisment. Eternal means to have no beginning and no end. Aionios doesn't mean eternal.
trettep,
For a created thing like humans and angels, eternal existance will have no end....and you know that (or least been told for who knows how many times).

The righteous will exist and enjoy eternal joy in heaven ... which is life
The cursed will exist and suffer eternal punishment in hell ... which is death
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity