Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 05:57 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Going back to the original languages clears up a LOT of the confusion. ETers don't have a leg to stand on when people start doing that. The polar opposites came about because URers figured out what those original scriptures say, but the ET pastors and teachers are still trying to keep people in the dark, playing the part of Priest to the uneducated masses.
That argument ignores the fact that many Greek experts understand that the unbelievers final disposition in the lake of fire is clearly taught in the Scriptures. My original pastor/teacher, Robert B. Thieme Jr, who was pastor of Berachah church in Houston Tx. for over 50 years had by the time he graduated The University of Arizona and Dallas Theological Seminary, a total of nine years of Greek and five years of Hebrew. He understood the reality of the lake of fire and that the unbeliever will spend eternity there.

Now I am not going to turn this thread into yet another debate on whether unbelievers spend eternity in hell.

Therefore, have the good grace and manners to keep your attacks and your mocking off of this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 06:21 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
That argument ignores the fact that many Greek experts understand that the unbelievers final disposition in the lake of fire is clearly taught in the Scriptures. My original pastor/teacher, Robert B. Thieme Jr, who was pastor of Berachah church in Houston Tx. for over 50 years had by the time he graduated The University of Arizona and Dallas Theological Seminary, a total of nine years of Greek and five years of Hebrew. He understood the reality of the lake of fire and that the unbeliever will spend eternity there.

Now I am not going to turn this thread into yet another debate on whether unbelievers spend eternity in hell.

Therefore, have the good grace and manners to keep your attacks and your mocking off of this thread.
Mike, whether you know it or not, all you do is attack and mock us.

Now, I don't care how long somebody sits in class and learns the traditions of the people before them (that's really all they are doing). They are learning lies. Do you think that's possible? How many other intelligent people sit in classes around the world and hear intelligent lies? Lots, Mike. Lots. You know this. I know this. Otherwise, the world would be stepping to the same beat. Your teachers and you, Mike, don't scare me one tiny bit.

There is no Catholic priesthood for me, Mike. Nope. You can play the part all you want. Whatever makes you feel like you have some control.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:34 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Is it the lack of knowledge or the practice of interpreting the convoluted passages and wording into meaning exactly what the reader want it to say.

A person that knows the bible well can prove or disprove anything and everything with a combination of cherry picking and interpretation of the meaning of some rather vague passages. The only requirement is that it matches the agenda of that individual harvesting what they wants supported.

How else do you explain the polar opposites of bible interpretations as exhibited by ET'ers and UR'ers?

And clearly exhibits the danger of basing anything on such a book, as like a dictionary, anything can be supported by selective extraction of contents.
You're right. Which is why those who "see" UR in the scriptures are REASONABLE people who believe in a REASONABLE GOD. The ETers make God into a schizophrenic maniac. They 'worship' a god that does not exist. God is Love. Love does not burn people to death such as that maniac currently in the news who burned a little 12 year old boy to death with a blow torch on purpose!
Suspect in Death "Soul-less," May Have Other Victims, Say PoliceJonathan Foster Update: Suspect in Death "Soulless," May Have Other Victims, Say Police - Crimesider - CBS News

The person who did that is a SICK, SICK individual and should be kept locked up.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
You're right. Which is why those who "see" UR in the scriptures are REASONABLE people who believe in a REASONABLE GOD. The ETers make God into a schizophrenic maniac. They 'worship' a god that does not exist. God is Love. Love does not burn people to death such as that maniac currently in the news who burned a little 12 year old boy to death with a blow torch on purpose!
Suspect in Death "Soul-less," May Have Other Victims, Say PoliceJonathan Foster Update: Suspect in Death "Soulless," May Have Other Victims, Say Police - Crimesider - CBS News

The person who did that is a SICK, SICK individual and should be kept locked up.

And I hope soon enough Religion will lock up the pagan god of eternal torment.

(those are the kinds of people I just can't imagine God loving. You know what I mean?)

Last edited by herefornow; 01-03-2011 at 06:53 PM..

Old 01-03-2011, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Mike, whether you know it or not, all you do is attack and mock us.

Now, I don't care how long somebody sits in class and learns the traditions of the people before them (that's really all they are doing). They are learning lies. Do you think that's possible? How many other intelligent people sit in classes around the world and hear intelligent lies? Lots, Mike. Lots. You know this. I know this. Otherwise, the world would be stepping to the same beat. Your teachers and you, Mike, don't scare me one tiny bit.

There is no Catholic priesthood for me, Mike. Nope. You can play the part all you want. Whatever makes you feel like you have some control.
I am not Catholic, nor of any denomination.

You are so twisted by bitterness and anger that you will not believe the truth when it is presented to you.

Now please go stand on your soapbox somewhere else.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
I am not Catholic, nor of any denomination.

You are so twisted by bitterness and anger that you will not believe the truth when it is presented to you.

Now please go stand on your soapbox somewhere else.

Not a chance, Mike. And I know you're not Catholic. But you might as well be.

(Lol. Twisted by bitterness and anger, Mike? Really? *shakes head* I'm just happy I found the truth and have something to use against the lies you present over and over)

Old 01-03-2011, 06:50 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
All believers and unbelievers have a spirit. Your only physically dead once the spirit is removed from the body.
Jam 2:26
As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

Yeah, the above verse does throw a wrench in the whole idea that people who are not Christian have no spirits.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Not a chance, Mike. And I know you're not Catholic. But you might as well be.

(Lol. Twisted by bitterness and anger, Mike? Really? *shakes head* I'm just happy I found the truth and have something to use against the lies you present over and over)
By your own admission on other posts, you are angry about all the supposed lies you have been told.

One good thing about all who are posting is that they are keeping this thread near the top of the forum, giving more people the opportunity to go into the links to the doctrinal churches that I provided which teach sound fundamental Bible doctrine. Those who are interested will do so.

Those such as yourself will continue to attack. So be it.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:55 PM

Quote:
By your own admission on other posts, you are angry about all the supposed lies you have been told.

One good thing about all who are posting is that they are keeping this thread near the top of the forum, giving more people the opportunity to go into the links to the doctrinal churches that I provided which teach sound fundamental Bible doctrine. Those who are interested will do so.

Those such as yourself will continue to attack. So be it.

Mike, I'm angry (so was Jesus. Do you remember?) at the lies. I'm not going to sit back and say, "Well, at least I know the truth." "Everybody else can fend for themselves."

Old 01-03-2011, 07:00 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,031,633 times
Quote:
No, they do not. Only the believer has a human spirit. The unbeliever has only body and soul. At physical death the soul and human spirit of the believer goes into the presence of God, while the soul of the unbeliever goes to hades.
That is not what the scriptures show. A soul is the combination of a body and spirit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity