Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 04:20 PM

7,728 posts, read 12,622,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
what must we do to be saved?
Easy! Believe with your heart and confess with your mouth Jesus is the son of God and that he died on the cross for your sins. Also ask the Lord to forgive you for your sins. And that's it!! Your saved!

Old 01-07-2011, 04:22 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
Most of the sea food you buy today comes from China and Taiwan, who are cleaning out the sea life in their area, once they clear out their fields the fish should be gone as the prophet said in Revelation 8: 9

Old 01-07-2011, 04:26 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,944,684 times
I failed to mention the disappearing bees too. No bees, no pollination, no food.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
This man you speak of watched "Left Behind" too many times......it's a scene right out of the movie.
No Ilene. It was actually a bit more graphic than that. I simply omitted and edited my post because I didn't want it to be too gruesome and offesive towards unbelievers. But since you claim it's from Left Behind...Not only did this man see people trying to stab themselves with knives, pencils, and needles, he saw people pulling out their eye sockets and bashing their heads into concrete and falling off of buildings and cliffs and trying to drown themselves in water but water never drowning them. He saw the people that tried to bash their heads in concrete, heads cut open and bodies disfigured, bloodied from impact. He saw bones bare and open from cuts in the flesh. I think I remember he said he saw body organs too. I never watched Left Behind but I did read the series and none of that stuff was in it!! I was really trying to be nice Ilene.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:31 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
No Ilene. It was actually a bit more graphic than that. I simply omitted and edited my post because I didn't want it to be too gruesome and offesive towards unbelievers. But since you claim it's from Left Behind...Not only did this man see people trying to stab themselves with knives, pencils, and needles, he saw people pulling out their eye sockets and bashing their heads into concrete and falling off of buildings and cliffs and trying to drown themselves in water but water never drowning them. He saw the people that tried to bash their heads in concrete, heads cut open and bodies disfigured, bloodied from impact. He saw bones bare and open from cuts in the flesh. I think I remember he said he saw body organs too. I never watched Left Behind but I did read the series and none of that stuff was in it!! I was really trying to be nice Ilene.

Philippians 4:8. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:39 PM

8,177 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:

Allen...

Just a thought..

Phillipians 4:8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is fair, whatever is pure, whatever is acceptable, whatever is commendable, if there is anything of excellence and if there is anything praiseworthy-keep thinking about these things.

What you are thinking of and allowing yourself to dwell on and spread around is NOT of God your Father who created you. But of the horribly dark imaginations of man.

Think about it.
The more henious the descriptions, the more horror, the more FEAR.

Perfect love casts out all fear.
Don't spread fear, spread love.
Because God IS love.
NOT FEAR.
MANKIND is the one who spreads FEAR in the NAME of God. And it is WRONG.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:40 PM

8,177 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Philippians 4:8. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.
we posted at the same time.
I like when that happens.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:41 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times
Quote:
Easy! Believe with your heart and confess with your mouth Jesus is the son of God and that he died on the cross for your sins. Also ask the Lord to forgive you for your sins. And that's it!! Your saved!
i'm shaking.
is it o.k. to just make a verbal committment here at home (while we are confessing our sins)? or do we need to the law envolved in order to participate in the rapture?

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-07-2011 at 05:34 PM.. Reason: fixed "shacking" people got the wrong impression :)

Old 01-07-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
i'm shacking.
is it o.k. to just make a verbal committment here at home (while we are confessing our sins)? or do we need to the law envolved in order to participate in the rapture?
Yes where else would you do it? You don't need anything but your heart and life commitment to God! When Jesus returns, your going right along with the rest of the body of Christ!!

Here is where you can get more information on what is to come. My favorite websites detailing everything about the rapture are here!

The Rapture Explained!

Pre-tribulation Rapture

The Rapture is Coming!

How to be saved / Go to Heaven!

Ye Must Be Born Again!

Rapture-Ready

Old 01-07-2011, 04:52 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times
Quote:
Yes where else would you do it? You don't need anything but your heart and life commitment to God! When Jesus returns, your going right along with the rest of the body of Christ!!

Here is where tyou can get more information. My favorite websites detailing everything about the rapture are here!

The Rapture Explained!

Pre-tribulation Rapture

The Rapture is Coming!

How to be saved / Go to Heaven!

Ye Must Be Born Again!
you've got a friend in me. much love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity