Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2011, 08:26 AM

531 posts, read 480,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That's right. If you were ran over by a truck and killed the next second, you'd still be saved, although you never had a chance to work your way through a list of required works and rituals.

well, according to that scenario, there is no opportunity due to the untimely death in relation to the moment of belief.

But most of the time, that doesn't happen. We have ample time.

Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

Acts 10:34 Opening his mouth, Peter said: “I most certainly understand now that God is not one to show partiality, 35 but in every nation the man who fears Him and does what is right is welcome to Him.

II Cor. 7:10 For the sorrow that is according to the will of God produces a repentance without regret, leading to salvation, but the sorrow of the world produces death.

Matt 10:21 “Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death. 22 You will be hated by all because of My name, but it is the one who has endured to the end who will be saved.

II Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

this is not an exhaustive list. But it does speak to things we must do...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 08:40 AM

9,901 posts, read 1,288,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, it is a waste of time when everyone has to keep repeating the same over and over. No matter how many verses are provided to you, you will always go back to claiming that nothing has been proven. It has been proven so to continue with the repetition is a waste of time. EVERYONE in the Bible was saved by faith alone. NO ONE has ever been saved by works and rituals.
You have not provided an example of a person saved by faith alone. Your post is dishonest. I'm still waiting for you to give me the name of someone saved by faith alone.

If you feel posting is a waste of your time, then I suggest you don't. Use your spare time to rethink your false doctrine instead.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:45 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,392,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
Saved I think even you would a agree that millions believe in Him but are not saved. Yes, no?
No

Look, either you believe in God, that by his grace, through faith He died for you and thus saved you from your sins - or you don't. And ONLY GOD knows someone's heart. It's as simple as that. This is why we are all supposed to be like children. He calls us His children - and sheep - for a reason.

1 Samuel 16:7: But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

Jesus says believe in Him and you will be saved. I believe Him.

That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Hebrews 10:9

Old 10-25-2011, 08:50 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,392,001 times
Quote:
You have not provided an example of a person saved by faith alone. Your post is dishonest. I'm still waiting for you to give me the name of someone saved by faith alone.

If you feel posting is a waste of your time, then I suggest you don't. Use your spare time to rethink your false doctrine instead.
Why personally attack people when they do not agree with you? Calling someone dishonest because of what they believe is wrong and very unchristian. Dishonest?

Maybe yours is the false doctrine, Katie. You went from one works based doctrine to another. Maybe your third choice will be different...Maybe in your spare time you can rethink about it....

Old 10-25-2011, 08:55 AM

9,901 posts, read 1,288,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
No

Look, either you believe in God, that by his grace, through faith He died for you and thus saved you from your sins - or you don't. And ONLY GOD knows someone's heart. It's as simple as that. This is why we are all supposed to be like children. He calls us His children - and sheep - for a reason.

1 Samuel 16:7: But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

Jesus says believe in Him and you will be saved. I believe Him.

That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Hebrews 10:9
I believe we are saved by grace through faith. I believe Jesus died on the cross for me. Many false religions believe this also (mormons, jw's, 7th Day Adventists)
Are they saved?

Old 10-25-2011, 08:56 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,731,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomtkirk View Post
well, according to that scenario, there is no opportunity due to the untimely death in relation to the moment of belief.
Then you agree that faith in Christ is sufficient for salvation.

There are instructions on how to live a Christians life, but those are instructions to people who are ALREADY saved.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:56 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,087,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princely View Post
You misunderstand scripture and the power of God.

The Lord and I are One . He sent me.

I am the resurrection and the life, anyone who believes in me even though he died he will come to life and anyone who lives and believes in me will never die.

I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me will never hunger, and whoever believes in me will never thirst.
Everything that the Lord gives me will come to me, and I will not reject anyone who comes to me,
because I came down from heaven not to do my own will but the will of the one who sent me.

The man who wants to come tome will hear my words and put them into practice.

My teaching is not my own it comes from the one who sent me.
Whoever chooses to do his will shall know about this teaching namely, whether it comes from God or whether I‘m speaking on my own.
Whoever speaks on his own seeks his own glory, but whoever seeks the glory of the one who sent him is truthful, and there is no dishonesty in his heart.

If I do not perform my Father's works, do not believe me;
but if I perform them, even if you do not believe me, put faith in the works, so that you may realize that the Lord is in me and I am in the Lord.

Blessed are those whose way is blameless, who walk in the law of the Lord.

The Lord redeems the life of his servants; none of those who take refuge in him incurs guilt.

The words of the upright save them but the words of the wicked are a deadly ambush.

"By your words you'll be forgiven or by your words you'll be condemned".

You must be made perfect as the Lord in heaven is perfect. If you wish to be made perfect, follow me and proclaim the glory of God.

I am the gate to heaven. Whoever enters this gate will be saved.
You still haven't told me my name....

Old 10-25-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
You have not provided an example of a person saved by faith alone. Your post is dishonest. I'm still waiting for you to give me the name of someone saved by faith alone. If you feel posting is a waste of your time, then I suggest you don't. Use your spare time to rethink your false doctrine instead.
That kind of reply is exactly what I meant. Thanks for proving my point.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:58 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,087,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Salvation is by faith alone in Christ alone. Not by works. The Scriptures are clear on this. It is legalists who do not understand, or who do not care what the Scriptures say. I believe that I have explained fairly well what Jesus, Paul, and James meant by the relationship between faith and works.
Mike, Princely thinks that he IS the Messiah...Research some of his other quotes...You'll be shocked...

Old 10-25-2011, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
Maybe yours is the false doctrine, Katie. You went from one works based doctrine to another. Maybe your third choice will be different...Maybe in your spare time you can rethink about it....
She didn't go anywhere. She stayed with the works-based doctrine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity