Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2012, 03:58 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
pcamps,
Are you that blind .... read just the bold.
post #166
Is your heart so hard that you cannot see beyond the condemnation of your own heart, and the wrath you are under for supressing the reality of His Love and Grace ?.

Wrath is not the greatest Love IS, and God IS Love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2012, 09:57 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
2 Corinthians 7:10
"Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation; but worldly sorrow brings death."
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
If 32 verses aren't good enough to show just how off you were last time ... what's one more that you've conjured up in your cleverness?
Now, this is an illustration of an abstract thought within the realm of cleverness.
Hope it lines up with that of your own preference or understanding, which I doubt?

"Godly wrath brings repentance that leads to salvation; but worldly wrath brings death."

The kind of wrath or sorrow that you believe "in" is birthed out of fear, not divine displeasure or disappointment.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:32 AM

33 posts, read 33,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Jesus was 100% successful in His mission and as a result whoever believes in Him will have eternal life. Those who reject Him will perish.

Read the story of the royal wedding.

Other than that, this topic has been discussed to death and UR has been exposed as a false teaching.
Yes and ALL WILL believe, confess and be saved, although many will perish, be destroyed, etc...why? Because many are brought through during judgement...despite this it's a judgement you want to avoid...God doesnt have to be a depraved sadistic monster to give you a just judgement, in fact to do so removes all justice amd contradicts teachings of justice in scripture - You have exposed nothing but your blinded eyes toward the particular scriptures you reject.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:38 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Jesus was 100% successful in His mission and as a result whoever believes in Him will have eternal life. Those who reject Him will perish.

Read the story of the royal wedding.

Other than that, this topic has been discussed to death and UR has been exposed as a false teaching.
Finn the result( or the effect of it)was completed successfully with the mission, not as a result of someone else's acknowledgment of the mission . Jesus Christ's death, burial, resurrection and ascension to the Father..........Mission Accomplished .

Old 07-01-2012, 11:43 AM

14,885 posts, read 17,167,331 times
Quote:
Yes and ALL WILL believe, confess and be saved, although many will perish, be destroyed, etc...why? Because many are brought through during judgement...despite this it's a judgement you want to avoid...God doesnt have to be a depraved sadistic monster to give you a just judgement, in fact to do so removes all justice amd contradicts teachings of justice in scripture
Amen. God bless and peace.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:51 PM

481 posts, read 865,264 times
This is what I have researched and found out about Christian Universalism and the many break offs from it (disunity), and not to my surprise, I can truly see why you CANNOT believe in this religious ramble ....

Christian Universalism is a school of Christian theology which includes the belief in the doctrine of universal reconciliation, the view that all human beings or all fallen creatures will ultimately be restored to right relationship with God.

The term "Christian Universalism" was used in the 1820s by Russell Streeter of the
Christian Intelligencer of Portland - a descendant of Adams Streeter who had founded one of the first Universalist Churches in September 14, 1 Christian Universalists believe this was the most common interpretation of interpretation of Christianity in Early Christianity, prior to the 6th century. Christians from a diversity of denominations and traditions believe in the tenets of this belief system, such as the reality of an afterlife without the possibility of eternal presence in hell.

As a Christian denomination, Christian Universalism originates in the late 18th century with the Universalist Church of America. There is currently no single denomination uniting Christian Universalism, but a few denominations teach some of the principles of Christian Universalism or are open to them. In 2007, the Christian Universalist Association was founded to serve as an ecumenical umbrella organization for churches, ministries, and individuals who believe in
Christian Universalism.

Unitarian Universalism historically grew out of Christian Universalism but is not an exclusively Christian denomination. It formed from a 1961 merger of two historically Christian denominations, the Universalist Church of America and the American Unitarian Association, both based in the United States.

Beliefs

The two central beliefs which distinguish Christian Universalism from mainstream Christianity are universal reconciliation (all will eventually be reconciled to God without exception, the penalty for sin is not everlasting, i.e. doctrines of everlasting damnation to hell and annihilationism are rejected) and theosis (all souls will ultimately be conformed to the image of divine perfection in Christ).

The remaining central beliefs of Christian Universalism are compatible with Christianity in general:
  • God is the loving Parent of all people.
  • Jesus Christ reveals the nature and character of God and is the spiritual leader of humankind.
  • Humankind is created with an immortal soul which death does not end, and which God will never destroy.
  • Sin has negative consequences for the sinner either in this life or the afterlife.
In 1899 the Universalist General Convention, later called the Universalist Church of America, adopted the Five Principles: the belief in God, Jesus Christ, the immortality of the human soul, the reality of sin and universal reconciliation. The inclusion of Theosis as a sixth point is found in the statement of faith adopted in 2007 by the Christian Universalist Association.

History

The Universalist Church of America, originally called the Universalist General Convention, emerged in the late 18th century from a mixture of Anabaptists, Moravians, liberal Quakers, and people influenced by Pietist movements such as Methodism. Americans from these religious backgrounds gradually created a new denominational tradition of Christian Universalism during the 19th century. The Universalist Church of America grew to be the sixth largest denomination in the United States at its peak.

John Murray, who is called the "Father of American Universalism," was a disciple of James Relly and promoted Relly's Universalist form of Methodism in America. He was a central figure in the founding of the Universalist Church of America in 1793. He served as pastor of the Universalist Society of Boston and wrote many hymns......

WOW!!!
I am sorry, but I just cannot go on with with reading or writing the history of this unbelievable and unorthodox (unacceptable) belief. It is false belief or dead religion...hahaha. WOW!!!

Talking about disunity...hahaha. I take no stock or belief in this dead religion or any religion alone, as the Truth, the Life, and the Way is within the Spirit. Dead religion is one of the biggest enemies of the cross.

The Holy Spirit spoke to me clearly saying, "Religion is an enemy of the cross!" At first, I thought, "He must mean, the #1 enemy of the cross within the body of Christ?" But then He brought to my remembrance that the outside world (non-believers) had little or no resistance to the work of the cross... it was the religious Jews who had a problem with what Christ and what His work represented! It was because of religion that Paul was persecuted (see Galatians 5:11).

Galatians 5:11

11 Brothers and sisters, if I am still preaching circumcision, why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offense of the cross has been abolished.

Anyways, this is something I can understand about what the OP was getting at, and I leave it as that.

Peace be with all!

Old 07-01-2012, 08:59 PM

14,885 posts, read 17,167,331 times
The belief in the eventual restoration of all to God has existed since the early days of the church,long before 1820. All who believe in the retoration of all to God through Jesus Christ do not hold to the above beliefs posted'. It is not a religion but a belief that God will have all to be saved and that in the end, all will be restored to the Father through Jesus Christ.What God has purposed to do, will be accomplished. There is nothing dead about it, but is revealed in the scriptures. God bless and peace.

Old 07-01-2012, 09:09 PM

8,179 posts, read 6,929,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
It is not a religion but a belief that God will have all to be saved and that in the end, all will be restored to the Father through Jesus Christ.What God has purposed to do, will be accomplished.
Exactly.

Old 07-01-2012, 10:53 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPepper1 View Post
WOW!!! I am sorry, but I just cannot go on with with reading or writing the history of this unbelievable and unorthodox (unacceptable) belief. It is false belief or dead religion...hahaha. WOW!!!
Speaking of hypocrisy!
Now, who is hardening their heart of hearts?

Defending the Spirit or that of your own understanding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
The belief in the eventual restoration of all to God has existed since the early days of the church, long before 1820. All who believe in the restoration of all to God through Jesus Christ do not hold to the above beliefs posted'. It is not a religion but a belief that God will have all to be saved and that in the end, all will be restored to the Father through Jesus Christ.What God has purposed to do, will be accomplished. There is nothing dead about it, but is revealed in the scriptures. God bless and peace.
"Faith is not believing that God can; it's knowing that He Will."

Old 07-02-2012, 06:06 AM

481 posts, read 865,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Speaking of hypocrisy!
Now, who is hardening their heart of hearts?

Defending the Spirit or that of your own understanding?
Do I know God my Father can do all, heal all, forgive all? As a man and in the Spirit, I know this to be true, as He is the all knowing, all seeing, and all powerful. However, this is NOT what the Spirit of Truth witnesses or is not testimony in the New Covenant. This, the Spirit has spoken through the witness of the Words of Truth. Nothing more to say, nothing less to say, nothing else to say.

You of so weak of heart, weak of Spirit of Truth. I say...

"God my Father, I come to you in Christ Jesus' mighty name, and I pray in stead for Jerwade's soul, that You oh gracious Abba in Christ Jesus' mighty name will grace Jerwade with the Truth to lift his heart above his own where it lies hardened. May You blind his eyes and open his heart so he may see the light where he only see darkness. I beseech you Oh Almighty God my Father to feel his soul with an abundance of love, joy, peace, patience, Kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Speak to him with the Spirit of Truth, so He may see the way, the truth, and the life through You oh great Father of Truth. I pray this in the mighty name of Christ Jesus."

I say, you "the accuser", get behind me with your dark ways, for that Spirit of God that is in him (Jerwade) is greater than you, "the accuser", that is here in this world. So I say...Be gone with you you accuser from the soul of this man.

For it is the Spirit of Truth (God our Father) and nothing more, nothing less, nothing else. It is all about Him, not I. My forgiveness have been given, and peace I give you, now go seek the Truth that is in Him, not through me.

....Shalom Aleichem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity