Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2012, 02:01 PM

303 posts, read 430,563 times

Advertisements

How do you understand death if you have never seen anybody die, and even though you have seen people die you still don't trully understand death. We don't really know what happens after someone dies. Until you have experienced it for yourself, you will never truly understand. When God has set life before us and death before us only then can we truly understand and appreciate life. Ultimately he want's us to understand the truth. God is building a perfect creature. A creature tested by the fire, for we have experienced it all and so we know all, as he does. This is love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Agree. Everyone saw the work of God when He was healed and glorified God for this. They would not have seen this miraculous healing and glorified God for this if the man had not been born blind. The Father was doing His works through Jesus to show who Jesus was. God used this to show the people that Jesus was who He said He was. God bless and peace.
Exactly!!!

Old 06-28-2012, 02:07 PM

14,886 posts, read 17,170,876 times
Sorry, Cimaroon, I knew that I said that I wouldn't participate, but sometimes I can't help it . God bless and peace.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:11 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cimaroon View Post
How do you understand death if you have never seen anybody die, and even though you have seen people die you still don't trully understand death. We don't really know what happens after someone dies. Until you have experienced it for yourself, you will never truly understand. When God has set life before us and death before us only then can we truly understand and appreciate life. Ultimately he want's us to understand the truth. God is building a perfect creature. A creature tested by the fire, for we have experienced it all and so we know all as he does. This is love.
You are scraping the barrel cimaroon.

Our consciences bear witness to what is good, scripture is absolutely clear on this. Jesus did not teach us to know evil that we might know what is good, He taught us to learn of Him, He taught us to know God. Faith looks upon nothing but God.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:13 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,391,988 times
Quote:
I see that you felt the need to correct me in the above quote only thing is you never understood what I said....couldn't it be the same way with God's word?

I said
God is good and some of His works are love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance.

I never meant some of his works are love while others are hate

What I was saying is that these are some of his works. Some of his works are also mercy, patience etc.
You have also said God works sin in us hence my ALL (not some).

Old 06-28-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
[/color]

Was the tree of knowledge of good and evil a good tree or a bad tree. I would say it was a bad tree because Adam and Eve died after eating of its fruit. Who put the tree there? Who made that tree?

Who made the devil?
Good tree, the tree if figuative of the law not a real tree.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
God said he created the good and the evil Isaiah 45:7
God said he has set before us good and evil Deuteronomy 30:15

the opposite of light is darkness and the opposite of good is evil.

I have never heard anyone say good or calamity. We say good or evil

God said evil...but you want to make it calamity.

God can make anything he wants...He made the devil? The devil is evil. The devil did not make himself evil, God made him evil. Nothing was made unless God made it. Nothing! Everything was made by him.

I guess this verse isn't true either...were does it end!
John 1:3
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
No scripture says God made the devil.

And niether Jesus nor us need to sin and commit evil acts to understand sin and evil. Jesus proved that.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Being blind isn't good but God makes people blind..they aren't willingly blind... what you are not seeing is ultimately God's creation is good but he has set evil before us so we can understand good. It is for a purpose and it is for his glory.

John 9:1-3
And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.
And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

What eventually happened to the man...he was healed of his blindness...God's work was manifest in him.
Notice he was born blind...he did not become blind.

ever heard of a hina clause? Hina can be translated as a purpose or a command.

If you use a command clause for hina in that scripture it changes the meaning.

Translation are suppose to be made in connection with the surrounding scriptures not on the basis of a bias towards what one believes.

In fairness to the translators it was believed that hina was always used to express a purpose but today we know that is not the case. It can also be used to express a command.

When we take in the surrounding scriptures it is clear that hina here should have been translated as a command and not a purpose.

The Jews had just finished saying Jesus had a devil. Then we see the disciples asking Jesus why the man was born blind. Did he sin or did his parents sin? Jesus answered and said neither.

That neither was the answer to their question.

What then transpired was Jesus giving a command that the works of God be displayed through the healing of the blind man.

It should have been translated something like this

And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. 2And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? 3Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: Let the works of God be made manifest in him.

Jesus then goes on to say

I must work the works of him that sent me

What is the purpose for Jesus coming? It was so that He might destroy the works of the devil.

Now remember the Jews had just finished accusing Jesus of having a devil and if you read the rest of the story. Even though Jesus did the works of God (destroying the works of the devil i.e. The mans blindness) they refused to believe on Him.

Basically what Jesus was saying neither this man or his parents sinned was the cause of the man blindness, now stand still and see the salvation of God. And He opened the eyes of the blind man.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You are scraping the barrel cimaroon.

Our consciences bear witness to what is good, scripture is absolutely clear on this. Jesus did not teach us to know evil that we might know what is good, He taught us to learn of Him, He taught us to know God. Faith looks upon nothing but God.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Sorry, Cimaroon, I knew that I said that I wouldn't participate, but sometimes I can't help it . God bless and peace.
No need to apologize, God makes us speak when he wants us to speak, and whatever is said is for a purpose. I trust him and I thank him for your insight!

God Bless!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity