Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2013, 12:24 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,497,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Jesus loves me, this I know for the Bible tells me so ...
I wonder who it is, that paints a picture of God in their own image:

"God loathes mankind, this I know for my lawfulness tells me so."

Yeah, I know! But, don't look back.

Jesus loves me, this I know ..... and this is all I want to know is whom paints a picture of God in their own image
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
According to Twin, John Estlin and I will be "eternally damned " for teaching that the Bible teaches universal salvation.
But John's attitude has been my own attitude for many of my 74 years and it will remain so till I die.
So be it.

By John Prior Estlin (1747-1817).
Wrong ... according to God
YLT (Galations 1:5-6)
but even if we or a messenger out of heaven may proclaim good news to you different from what we did proclaim to you -- anathema let him be!

as we have said before, and now say again, If any one to you may proclaim good news different from what ye did receive -- anathema let him be!

NIV
Matthew 25:41
“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
  1. those on the left of Jesus will not be saved through the false gospel hope of UR (Matthew 25:41)
  2. those who preach a false gospel are cursed by God (Galations 1:5-6)

Old 05-02-2013, 12:32 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
but even if we or a messenger out of heaven may proclaim good news to you different from what we did proclaim to you -- anathema let him be!

as we have said before, and now say again, If any one to you may proclaim good news different from what ye did receive -- anathema let him be!

The problem for you, Twin is that the news you are proclaiming is NOT Good News . . . it is Bad News. So who is the anathema do you think?

Old 05-02-2013, 12:41 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
Quote:
Jesus loves me, this I know ..... and this is all I want to know is whom paints a picture of God in their own image
"Love covers a multitude of errors."

Old 05-02-2013, 12:50 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,408,336 times
Quote:

NIV
Matthew 25:41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
  1. those on the left of Jesus will not be saved through the false gospel hope of UR (Matthew 25:41)
  2. those who preach a false gospel are cursed by God (Galations 1:5-6)
Maybe God will allow Twin at the judgment to stand beside one of the two Mormon missionaries in Montreal who said to me, "At the judgment as you are being cast into hell, I will point my finger at you and say I told you so for not believing the truth."
Hoo nose eh?

Anyone can check out this artcle on "anathema" if they are interested
http://www.tentmaker.org/Biblematters/condemned.htm

Last edited by rodgertutt; 05-02-2013 at 01:37 PM..

Old 05-02-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
[/indent]The problem for you, Twin is that the news you are proclaiming is NOT Good News . . . it is Bad News. So who is the anathema do you think?
The problem is all you guys proclaiming that it makes no difference to God whether one preaches a false gospel vs. the true gospel.

So sure ... to those guys who preach a false gospel hope [like UR] on Jesus' left it is bad news, never said it was good news. God makes that point abundantly clear:
John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, <--- [good news]
but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them. <- --
[bad news]

Matthew 25:34 <--- [good news]
“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world."

Matthew 25:41
<- -- [bad news]
“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed,
into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels
"

Old 05-02-2013, 02:07 PM

Eventually everyone will be saved.

"In 1Tim. 4:9-11 we are told that the living God `is the Saviour of all mankind, especially of those who believe,' and with this 1Tim. 2: 4-6 concurs. Many seek to limit it to believers, but they overlook the significance of the double statement. That there is a special salvation for believers is plainly stated, but this does not limit the other part of the statement, rather does it emphasize it. The salvation of believers is a special work; they are a special class in the `all mankind.' God's will for mankind is salvation, not as an experimental salvation toying with the will and choice of men, but as their Disposer – God.

My dear brethren, let us embrace this glorious truth which God has revealed for us. Let it so become a part of us that our lives will be reflecting it. Let it fill our hearts with the love of God and His glorious Son. Let us be rendering praise to the living God, the universal Creator and Reconciler, the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
`To Him be glory for the eons! Amen!' "
E.G. Jones (another UR author who, Twin says, is destined to eternal damnation)

REDEMPTION IN TWO PARTS
http://www.godfire.net/eby/allinall.html

Old 05-02-2013, 04:10 PM

231 posts, read 327,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
[/indent]The problem for you, Twin is that the news you are proclaiming is NOT Good News . . . it is Bad News. So who is the anathema do you think?
What is so good about universalism? It's just news.

Matt. 1:21 "She will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their...well...nothing. Actually, he won't save us from anything. Let's call his name Tipota, for he will do nothing."

Old 05-02-2013, 04:59 PM

Eventually everyone will be saved.

"In 1Tim. 4:9-11 we are told that the living God `is the Saviour of all mankind, especially of those who believe,' and with this 1Tim. 2: 4-6 concurs. Many seek to limit it to believers, but they overlook the significance of the double statement. That there is a special salvation for believers is plainly stated, but this does not limit the other part of the statement, rather does it emphasize it. The salvation of believers is a special work; they are a special class in the `all mankind.' God's will for mankind is salvation, not as an experimental salvation toying with the will and choice of men, but as their Disposer – God.

My dear brethren, let us embrace this glorious truth which God has revealed for us. Let it so become a part of us that our lives will be reflecting it. Let it fill our hearts with the love of God and His glorious Son. Let us be rendering praise to the living God, the universal Creator and Reconciler, the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
`To Him be glory for the eons! Amen!' "
E.G. Jones (another UR author who, Twin says, is destined to eternal damnation)

REDEMPTION IN TWO PARTS
http://www.godfire.net/eby/allinall.html

Old 05-02-2013, 05:05 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,397,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckd83 View Post
What is so good about universalism? It's just news.

Matt. 1:21 "She will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their...well...nothing. Actually, he won't save us from anything. Let's call his name Tipota, for he will do nothing."

The word you're looking for there, chuck, is "SINS" .... "He will save his people from their SINS," not from eternal torture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity