Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2019, 10:45 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Already asked and answered.

It is not any particular sin which condemns you. Everyone has sinned. The only thing which will deny your entry to Gods kingdom is rejecting His offer to enter. No one who wears the mark of the Holy Spirit is denied entry.

How do you get the mark?

"And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit"

God knows who wears the seal and who does not, so there is no need for us to speculate.
Total religious twoddle.

Have you ever heard the expression, “he left a mark on me”?, well, this is the mark, the impression he leaves on you when you see him. You are never the same again, that impression cannot be removed.

Where do derive this belief from ? Those scriptures you are quoting do not even match your belief that rejecting an offer denies entry into the heaven you think Jesus was offering as a means of escaping eternal hell. Prostitutes, publicans and tax collectors were believing Jesus and entering into his kingdom, a spiritual kingdom to live by it.

I believe to even understand Jesus and his ministry, we have to become not only a child but a little child. In other words innocent and free from the perceptions and conceptions and assumptions we were schooled in by family, friends and more importantly religious leaders about God, because they all hinder us in seeing God how Jesus related God. Jesus did not come preaching salvation from hell to heaven, he came to bring us back into realization of what we had lost, so we regain what we had lost to live abundant lives.

And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

You can never be born again, that you all boast you are unless you become as a little child. For by the time you are no longer a little child, there’s already a conversion and schooling happened, either in the way of the world or the beliefs of your religion.

Old 05-11-2019, 10:47 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,715,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
and can we doubt that even Elijah himself in those hours when he was being assaulted by the hordes of hell ... That he thought that God made him a butt doer also! He surely had waking organic ( thinking it was coming from inside of himself) thoughts and even those feelings in his body of it ... surely that is why he was so freaked out.....
But the Lord himself came to protect him from his "organic" feelings (not!!!) "helpers"/dominators...
just because you do not believe in the demonic doesn' t mean they don't believe in you. They like to live hidden in God's creation.. and undetected is even a better goal , then they don't have to leave and go to where they belong ... until this promised time....
Mat 8:29

They began screaming at him, “Why are you interfering with us, Son of God? Have you come here to torture us before God’s appointed time?”

can I suggest that when that happens you all will know for sure that those thoughts and feelings are not from your organic feelings, but theirs all along..!!!!!

Luk 8:31

The demons kept begging Jesus not to send them into the bottomless pit.

Luk 8:32

There happened to be a large herd of pigs feeding on the hillside nearby, and the demons begged him to let them enter into the pigs. So Jesus gave them permission.

Luk 8:33

Then the demons came out of the man and entered the pigs, and the entire herd plunged down the steep hillside into the lake and drowned.

no you might not believe in them, but I guarantee they believe in you.
Jesus and his people who know his spirit and his life and operate in the gifts of the Spirit yes can set you free.... from all that stuff that isn't really organic to his earthly creation!
They just wish they were, oh but they leave fingerprints on the souls of men.
Believing in demons gives the concept power over your life.
Stay away from pigs. I like bacon.

Old 05-11-2019, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Ok, thanks for your quick reply. That was a clear answer to a fairly narrow question. I don't happen to know how you feel about homosexuality in general. I'd like to re-ask a question (changed slightly) that I asked a couple days ago (in my post about my college boyfriend who was a closeted gay):

If a man is gay, is it better, in your opinion, for him to marry:
a) a woman
b) a man

Note that "not getting married at all" is not a choice for this particular question.
If you want to know what kind of "loving" Christian Finn is, ask him if a gay couple would be welcome in his church, whether they could ever address the congregation from its pulpit, or teach a Sunday School class.

First, he will exercise avoidance and claim he's already answered the question (somewhere) and that you are playing word games with him.

On another thread he claimed taking cannabis even for medical reasons was "sin." I take it to minimize the amount of death dealing opioids I'm given for a deteriorating spine disc. I gave him link after link where medical doctors claim it is LESS harmful than opioids, that opioid deaths have decreased in the majority of states who have legalized it, and that it has even reduced alcohol consumption in those states. (I'm currently in Colorado but soon to move to a state that condemns cannabis as a class I drug).

There is not a more dishonest person on the Christianity thread. There are dumb people, people with misshapen biblical concepts, and a few who may be as self-righteous as Finney, but for dishonesty, even with himself, none beats Finn. He's on the top of the heap.

His avoidance techniques are masterful--that's why poster after poster has to ask him to clarify himself.

P.S. Don't ask him to bake any cakes for gay folks either. He may believe all sins are equally bad to God, but he also believes people ought to treat some "sinners" differently than others.

Old 05-11-2019, 02:26 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,729,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Believing in demons gives the concept power over your life.
Stay away from pigs. I like bacon.
THAT MIGHT BE ONE WAY SOME PEOPLE WILL WANT TO THINK ABOUT IT.
BUT ALSO...MAYBE IT GIVES ME THE RIGHT TO ASK GOD FOR HIS POWER OVER THEM AND BY JESUS AUTHORITY. THESE JESUS OWN WORDS. Jhn 14:14

“If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.
1Jo 5:14

Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.
Mat 18:19

“Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven.

HIS PROMISED AUTHORITY TO ALLOW US TO FREE OTHERS FROM THEM.
THUS SETTING THE CAPTIVE FREE. AND BINDING UP THE BROKEN HEARTED.

Old 05-11-2019, 03:01 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
That he thought that God made him a butt doer also!
What is this suppose to mean?

Old 05-11-2019, 03:51 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
What is this suppose to mean?
Shouldn't ask. She may tell us.

Old 05-11-2019, 04:50 PM

Quote:
THAT MIGHT BE ONE WAY SOME PEOPLE WILL WANT TO THINK ABOUT IT.
BUT ALSO...MAYBE IT GIVES ME THE RIGHT TO ASK GOD FOR HIS POWER OVER THEM AND BY JESUS AUTHORITY. THESE JESUS OWN WORDS. Jhn 14:14

“If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.
1Jo 5:14

Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.
Mat 18:19

“Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven.

HIS PROMISED AUTHORITY TO ALLOW US TO FREE OTHERS FROM THEM.
THUS SETTING THE CAPTIVE FREE. AND BINDING UP THE BROKEN HEARTED.
Not one verse you quoted even remotely reflects Jesus giving power over demons.

I pray constantly in Jesus’ name that He will enlighten you to see the error of involved with denominational brainwashing concerning demons.

Maybe He will.

In the meantime it is sad to see you consumed by belief in demons but unable (or unwilling) to see the Power of Love that Jesus explicitly taught.

This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.” John 15:12

Why is it so easy for you to know and believe in demons when you are so demeaning of love that Jesus gave us as a COMMANDMENT and about which there can be no argument?

Find Jesus and demons pass away, the fear you constantly express is removed, and you can experience that love He has and commands us to give to others.

“He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.” 1 John 4: 8

Old 05-11-2019, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Jerwade misrepresented my views and added ""do not let him convince you otherwise" as if he is the final word of what my views are. The poster in question agreed to this, which is why I am saying talking to him/her is a waste of time.
What is the Biblical view that you support and believe in reference to homosexuals in its entirety? Please, try not to dance around the truth, while playing your silly word games - if that is possible. We can discuss your personal views and modus operandi of manipulation, misdirection, lies and deceptions another time, or later - if you desire.

Last edited by Jerwade; 05-11-2019 at 05:04 PM..

Old 05-11-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Shouldn't ask. She may tell us.
There are a few other vulgar expressions that should be addressed as well. IMHO

Old 05-11-2019, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Total religious twoddle.

Have you ever heard the expression, “he left a mark on me”?, well, this is the mark, the impression he leaves on you when you see him. You are never the same again, that impression cannot be removed.

Where do derive this belief from ? Those scriptures you are quoting do not even match your belief that rejecting an offer denies entry into the heaven you think Jesus was offering as a means of escaping eternal hell. Prostitutes, publicans and tax collectors were believing Jesus and entering into his kingdom, a spiritual kingdom to live by it.

I believe to even understand Jesus and his ministry, we have to become not only a child but a little child. In other words innocent and free from the perceptions and conceptions and assumptions we were schooled in by family, friends and more importantly religious leaders about God, because they all hinder us in seeing God how Jesus related God. Jesus did not come preaching salvation from hell to heaven, he came to bring us back into realization of what we had lost, so we regain what we had lost to live abundant lives.

And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

You can never be born again, that you all boast you are unless you become as a little child. For by the time you are no longer a little child, there’s already a conversion and schooling happened, either in the way of the world or the beliefs of your religion.
The faith and innocence of a child is without prejudice, until they have been corrupted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity