Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 08:18 PM

998 posts, read 436,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstrats View Post
peacecrusder888,
re: "You believe that the first day of the week is Sunday."

As I pointed out, U.S. calendars label the first day of the week with the word Sunday.

re: "In a seven-day week, the seventh day is the last day and is the Sabbath."

Yes. What is your point?
You agreed with what I say that in a seven-day week, the seventh day is the last day and is the Sabbath. Then, it goes back again to the first day of the week.

So, U.S. calendars label the first day of the week with the word Sunday, and its seventh day as Saturday.

I say that the first day of the week should be Monday and its seventh day as Sunday. So you want to know when the resurrection took place. Pages 177-178 of Pasiong Mahal, a book that is chanted in the Philippines during Holy Week and recommended by the spirit of Ama, answers this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2017, 03:28 AM

525 posts, read 348,478 times
peacecrusader888,
re: "You agreed with what I say that in a seven-day week, the seventh day is the last day and is the Sabbath. Then, it goes back again to the first day of the week."

Yes.

re: " So, U.S. calendars label the first day of the week with the word Sunday, and its seventh day as Saturday."

Yes.

re: "I say that the first day of the week should be Monday and its seventh day as Sunday."

And once again, what difference does it make what you label the seventh day or the first day? A name doesn't change the fact that the seventh day and the first day are still the seventh day and the first day.

re: "So you want to know when the resurrection took place."

No, not for the purpose of this topic. What have I said that makes you think that I want to know when the resurrection took place?

BTW, you say in your post #88 that Wednesday to Sunday is three days." Actually, that would be five days.

Old 12-30-2017, 06:52 AM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecrusader888 View Post
You agreed with what I say that in a seven-day week, the seventh day is the last day and is the Sabbath. Then, it goes back again to the first day of the week.

So, U.S. calendars label the first day of the week with the word Sunday, and its seventh day as Saturday.

I say that the first day of the week should be Monday and its seventh day as Sunday. So you want to know when the resurrection took place. Pages 177-178 of Pasiong Mahal, a book that is chanted in the Philippines during Holy Week and recommended by the spirit of Ama, answers this.
Saturday is the Sabbath, can Sunday be a Sabbath?

Yes.

Like I said, I studied it, I don't remember all of it but it isn't something I am interested in anymore, it's one of those debates I usually don't take part in.

Old 02-20-2018, 05:32 AM

peacecrusader888,

You have a couple of questions directed to you in post #92.

Old 02-20-2018, 07:56 AM

Quote:
peacecrusader888,
re: "You agreed with what I say that in a seven-day week, the seventh day is the last day and is the Sabbath. Then, it goes back again to the first day of the week."

Yes.

re: " So, U.S. calendars label the first day of the week with the word Sunday, and its seventh day as Saturday."

Yes.

re: "I say that the first day of the week should be Monday and its seventh day as Sunday."

And once again, what difference does it make what you label the seventh day or the first day? A name doesn't change the fact that the seventh day and the first day are still the seventh day and the first day.

re: "So you want to know when the resurrection took place."

No, not for the purpose of this topic. What have I said that makes you think that I want to know when the resurrection took place?

BTW, you say in your post #88 that Wednesday to Sunday is three days." Actually, that would be five days.
Change the calendar in the United States of America, similar to the calendars in Europe. Label them correctly. Lump together the weekends instead of now being split into two. Then, we can have a true weekend.

Old 02-20-2018, 11:54 AM

peacecrusader888,

re: "Change the calendar in the United States of America, similar to the calendars in Europe."

That's an issue for a different topic.

And you still have a couple of questions directed to you in post #92.

Old 02-22-2018, 08:32 PM

Quote:
peacecrusader888,

re: "Change the calendar in the United States of America, similar to the calendars in Europe."

ouple of questions directed to you in post #92.
Please repeat your question. My stand is Jesus was crucified on August 17, 1 BC, a Thursday, and resurrected on Monday, the first day of the week. The spirit of Ama said that Jesus was crucified on August 17. I have proved it that is why I believed and have spoken (2 Corinthians 4:13).

Old 02-22-2018, 09:56 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Default The mental gymnastics used to get a Friday death and Sunday resurrection to be equal to 3 Days/3 Nights.

How would the answer to these questions matter at all to the significance of the event?

Old 02-23-2018, 12:23 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
How would the answer to these questions matter at all to the significance of the event?
I completely concur. What is up with all the questions about things that would not change our hearts? Curiosity I reckon. It's a free forum and I'm fine with the discussion of whatever. But I prefer topics that can change us into the image of Christ.

Old 02-23-2018, 05:28 AM

peacecrusader888,
re: "Please repeat your question."

The two questions are in post #92.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity