Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2018, 08:33 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer10X View Post
He also said that many of that generation would not die before his return. Well that didn't happen. And let me ask, return from where exactly?
"Lord, how will we know when that day comes?
I tell you that in that day, many will say,..LOOK over there is the Kingdom of God, or, LOOk, over here is the Kingdom. But I say, that the Kingdom does NOT come by OBSERVATION, (Seeing) fr the Kingdom of God is within you."

And no, its not ,.."In your midst" because it would be something observable. The Kingdom of God is as close as your very breath, not in another location in the universe.
Archer10X, your question is worth noting but without understanding. let's examine what you said, "He also said that many of that generation would not die before his return"

let's ee what the Lord really said, Mark 9:1 "And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.". (that happen on Pentecost)

Matthew 16:28 "Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom". the Son of Man is spirit, and what they saw was his MANIFESTATION, the cloven tongues of Fire Acts chapter 2.Luke 9:27 "But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

and the last one. Luke 9:27 "But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God". (that happen on Pentecost)

all of these verses happen on Pentecost. who came? the comforter, the Holy Spirit right. question who is the comforter? answer JESUS, lets see by the scriptures ok.

#1. 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

what do the term "advocate" here means? lets see, G3875 παράκλητος parakletos (pa-ra'-klee-tos) n.
1. (properly) one called near (to give help).
2. an intercessor (one who entreats of behalf of another).
3. a comforter.
[(not given)]
KJV: advocate, comforter

notice definition #3. "COMFORTER. the Lord Jesus is the COMFORTER.

#2. John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:17 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you". READ that verse again at least twice.

when the Lord Jesus said that he would come to them. that's audience relevance. meaning that he's going to come to them whom he was speaking to.

but the question is how is he coming to them? the answer, John 14:21 "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him".

and Judas ask him HOW? listen, John 14:22 "Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

John 14:23 "Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him".

so what do "abode" means .... "INDWELLING"
G3438 μονή mone (mo-nee') adj.
a staying, i.e. residence (the act or the place).
[from G3306]
KJV: abode, mansion

a residence is a place of dwelling. what did the apostle say, 1 Corinthians 3:16 "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?"

on the day of PENTECOST the Holy Spirit JESUS indwelt the apostle in order to "MANIFEST" himself to them as he said he wold per Judas asking How.

so the Lord Jesus did return before some standing died.

he returned in Spirit. and when the end come he will return in the resurrected body visibly for all to see.

hope that help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2018, 10:37 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
I read your post. if you're going to quote me, do it correctly, ok.

let's take this one point at a time.

#1. he did return on Pentecost. in Spirit, the Holy Spirit.

and will return in bodily form that is yet to happen.

so taking this one step at a time,
do you agree or not that the Lord Jesus Returned on Pentecost Yes or No? be ready to defend your answer by scriptures.

I'll be looking for your answer.

NO! Nowhere does it say Jesus returned on Pentecost - NOWHERE other than your twisting words.

Old 11-06-2018, 10:43 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
what's the problem can't underst what was said?. when he returned on Pentecost did he come in a body, no, he came in Spirit, so his first of his two fold return was in Spirit, and the final of his two fold return is in his own flesh and bone body as he left in.

understand now? our God return is a two fold return. get it now?..... (smile)...... LOL.

Where does it say his RETURN is two fold or twice or any other similar phrase? You and your manipulations are a joke and that is why 2000 years have passed and you guys are still failing to make any sense. After the fact rationalization of ambiguous verses filled in by devotees to a false belief system. Grow up and face reality!

Old 11-06-2018, 11:03 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Where does it say his RETURN is two fold or twice or any other similar phrase? You and your manipulations are a joke and that is why 2000 years have passed and you guys are still failing to make any sense. After the fact rationalization of ambiguous verses filled in by devotees to a false belief system. Grow up and face reality!
HE is here now . I doubt ever really left . He even told them there is things they can not bear to be told yet. one thing might have been "you aren't going anywhere, but wherever I am you will come too" .. that scroll that John ate that was sweet as honey but made his tummy sour..
so who is wrong?
He promised to never leave us for forsaking us and he hasn't!!! He is here now! I doubt he ever left us.. Sure He left their sight in a big show..!
yes maybe so that they would not wait for him but rely on his Spirit or " THE SPIRIT" to follow it to the ends of the world or maybe they would all still be sitting in Jerusalem staring at each other !! just waiting for him to Lead them someplace ..
and looking at him to be their leader and arguing about everything else. is that not what religiously pious men do and every kind of fool on this whole planet?

He needed his church to go worldwide and watch his spirit to get their direction.. He never left anyone much less them.. He only left their sight. Even after the resurrection, he walked with how many who didn't recognize him until he wanted to be recognized by them? " surprise it's me!!!" it is Sneaky Jesus !!
but he is still here now. I doubt he ever left and went anyplace!
you would just never guess it was him ....as he has the keys of creation and He can look like anyone on any day. SO be careful because you never know who you might be talking too or making fun of!

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 11-06-2018 at 11:21 AM..

Old 11-06-2018, 11:22 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
HE is here now . He I doubt ever really left . he even told them there is things they can not bear to be told yet. one thing might have been "you aren't going anywhere, but wherever I am you will come too" .. that scroll that John ate that was sweet as honey but made his tummy sour..
so who is wrong?
He promised to never leave us for forsaking us and he hasn't!!! He is here now! I doubt he ever left us.. Sure He left their sight in a big show..!
yes maybe so that they would not wait for him but rely on his " THE SPIRIT" to follow it to the ends of the world or maybe they would all still be sitting in Jerusalem staring at each other !! just waiting for him to Lead them someplace .. looking at him to be their leader and arguing about everything else. is that not what religiously pious men do and every kind of fool on this whole planet?

He needed his church to go worldwide and watch his spirit to get their direction.. he never left anyone much less them.. he only left their sight. Even after the resurrection, he walked with how many who didn't recognize him until he wanted to be recognized by them? " surprise it me!!!" it is Sneaky Jesus !!
but he is still here now. I doubt he ever left and went anyplace !
you would just never guess it was him ....as he has the keys of creation and He can look like anyone on any day. SO be careful because you never know who you might be talking too or making fun of!

Do you guys even read the Bible? He left and the NT said he would return, not just in spirit but physically and that this return would be soon, near, at the door. The human mind is really a tragic mesh of bias, rationalization, and obfuscation. I know exactly who I am making fun of - I used be this messed up with fairy tales until truth and reading properly lead me to the realization that this return is a failure. Give me truth rather than comfort. If you want the comfort over reality then by all means keep up the manipulations to make it all work out.

Old 11-06-2018, 12:03 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Apparently, they stand on the back porch, facing the east while waiting for a sign?

Old 11-06-2018, 12:05 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,375 times
Quote:
NO! Nowhere does it say Jesus returned on Pentecost - NOWHERE other than your twisting words.
no need to twist anything, that's an excuse for not KNOWING "SPIRITUAL THINGS". your eyes are blind. example. do you see speaking in tongues in Joel 2:28 & 29, which was fulfilled on the DAY of PENTECOST, Listen,

Joel 2:28 "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

Joel 2:29 "And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

now tell us Shiloh1, are speaking in Tongue here in Joel 2:28 & 29 as was on the day of Pentecost?. well.... we see it, do you? if so point it out. let's see if you have eyes to see.

PS I'll get to your other post concering the "two fold return".

Last edited by 101c; 11-06-2018 at 12:15 PM..

Old 11-06-2018, 12:29 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
no need to twist anything, that's an excuse for not KNOWING "SPIRITUAL THINGS". your eyes are blind. example. do you see speaking in tongues in Joel 2:28 & 29, which was fulfilled on the DAY of PENTECOST, Listen,

Joel 2:28 "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

Joel 2:29 "And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

now tell us Shiloh1, are speaking in Tongue here in Joel 2:28 & 29 as was on the day of Pentecost?. well.... we see it, do you? if so point it out. let's see if you have eyes to see.

PS I'll get to your other post concering the "two fold return".

Bro, you are all over the place and have refused to address any thing I've mentioned. We are not talking about speaking in tongues or the Spirit coming on the day of Pentecost. Get with the program! Everything is spiritualized when it does not make any sense and fails. It's the last bastion of the ignorant and blind to that which is starring them in the face. I have given you plenty to chew on and you refuse to deal with it.

Old 11-06-2018, 12:37 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times
Quote:
Archer10X, your question is worth noting but without understanding. let's examine what you said, "He also said that many of that generation would not die before his return"
let's ee what the Lord really said, Mark 9:1 "And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.". (that happen on Pentecost)
Matthew 16:28 "Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom". the Son of Man is spirit, and what they saw was his MANIFESTATION, the cloven tongues of Fire Acts chapter 2.Luke 9:27 "But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.
and the last one. Luke 9:27 "But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God". (that happen on Pentecost)
all of these verses happen on Pentecost............................
I find if we continue reading after Matthew 16:28 to Matthew 17:9 we can clearly see the Transfiguration was a VISION.
So, the Transfiguration VISION happened ' before ' Pentecost.
In the VISION Moses and Elijah represent the old Law and Prophets. Both pointed to Christ.
So, instead of such past Prophets, now God would be speaking through His Son Jesus.
So, Peter (2 Peter 1:16,19) and John (John 1:14) because they saw the Transfiguration VISION they saw a preview, or a coming attraction about the 'glorious' coming time, Not of Pentecost, but future time of Matthew 25:31-33 when Jesus comes in Kingdom glory at this coming ' time of separation ' to take place on Earth.

Plus, Jesus gave his followers the illustration found at Luke 19:11-15 where Jesus, as the Nobleman, would first go away to a far country (Heaven) before he would later return in kingdom glory of Daniel 2:44 ahead of us.
Until the ' day dawns ' of Proverbs 4:18.

Old 11-06-2018, 12:40 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:

all of these verses happen on Pentecost. who came? the comforter, the Holy Spirit right. question who is the comforter? answer JESUS, lets see by the scriptures ok.

#1. 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

what do the term "advocate" here means? lets see, G3875 παράκλητος parakletos (pa-ra'-klee-tos) n.
1. (properly) one called near (to give help).
2. an intercessor (one who entreats of behalf of another).
3. a comforter.
[(not given)]
KJV: advocate, comforter

notice definition #3. "COMFORTER. the Lord Jesus is the COMFORTER.

#2. John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:17 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you". READ that verse again at least twice.

when the Lord Jesus said that he would come to them. that's audience relevance. meaning that he's going to come to them whom he was speaking to.

but the question is how is he coming to them? the answer, John 14:21 "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him".

and Judas ask him HOW? listen, John 14:22 "Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

John 14:23 "Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him".

so what do "abode" means .... "INDWELLING"
G3438 μονή mone (mo-nee') adj.
a staying, i.e. residence (the act or the place).
[from G3306]
KJV: abode, mansion

a residence is a place of dwelling. what did the apostle say, 1 Corinthians 3:16 "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?"

on the day of PENTECOST the Holy Spirit JESUS indwelt the apostle in order to "MANIFEST" himself to them as he said he wold per Judas asking How.

so the Lord Jesus did return before some standing died.

he returned in Spirit. and when the end come he will return in the resurrected body visibly for all to see.

hope that help.
It's like you are a Hindu or a Muslim quoting scripture and promises made to converts of Judaism who were indwelled with power.

While many people claim the power and indwelling of the spirit of Pentecost, not one has any of the powerful gifts.

What does all those promises have to do with you?

You read a promise spoken to a Gentile convert to Judaism and you assume that promise is to you when you aren't practicing the same religion as Christ walked in......You are standing outside of the religion Jesus walked in when you refuse to practice the same religion and yet here you are quoting promises to those Gentiles who converted to the religion of Christ as if they pertained to you..........Christians claim a Passover lamb when they refuse Passover, but what is more bizarre is for them to reject Pentecost and then assume that they have the gift given to people who loved and kept Pentecost.......If you have the power of the holy spirit, I have people who need a healing, I have two family members dying right now, should I tell them that I have found a person indwelled with the power of the holy spirit quoting promises saying,'' I will never leave you?'

That was spoken to people indwelled with the power of Pentecost, people who practiced and accepted the worship system of Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity