Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 12:54 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,166,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Would it be too much to ask how this set in stone fact works in your life. You see i not only believe that Christ was and is right about his concept of God, i believe he is right about me too.

That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

That which is good in me is from Christ in the Holy Spirit........we who believe are now ALL Ambassadors for Christ pleading for others to be reconciled to HIM......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2018, 02:11 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Maybe you like what Peter said about Paul........Paul had many MYSTERIES (secrets) revealed to him by Jesus......so these were new things not known by ANYONE even the disciples......hence many derided Paul in error............take it to the bank what Paul wrote is SCRIPTURE

Here's what Peter said......

2Pe 3:15 And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him,
2Pe 3:16 as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures.

BELOVED BROTHER PAUL........and you are one of those twisting scripture friend......time to wake up
Who was it that Paul wrote to?..

Old 11-09-2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
The law will always apply to the lost and lawless.........

Those who believe have been baptized into Christ and His death and resurrection.......we are filled with the Holy Spirit and are alive forever so the law has no effect on us......sin has been removed from the believers account even though we all still sin to some extent.........when believers receive the glorified body we will keep the law automatically, our fleshly body of sin gone forever............
Yup, get outta jail free card...

Old 11-09-2018, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Act 9:13 But Ananias answered, "Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much evil he has done to your saints at Jerusalem.
Act 9:14 And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on your name."
Act 9:15 But the Lord said to him, "Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel.
Act 9:16 For I will show him how much he must suffer for the sake of my name."
Hmmm, Paul’s buddy Luke wrote that...How do you know that it wasn’t made up?...

Old 11-09-2018, 02:17 PM

Quote:
The laws job was to increase sin and condemn.....that's it......if it could save you Jesus would have left it in place.......and saved a trip to the cross

Jesus was born under the law of ISRAEL and taught under the law of ISRAEL.....and HE was the author of the law of ISRAEL.......and HE spoke about to the Jews of His earthly ministry........we GENTILES were not there for that. After the cross Jesus personally gave Paul the message of grace for the Gentiles and the Jews, but it hasn't sunk in yet..............
Now where does it state in Torah that the Law’s job was to increase sin?...I mean, since there were many in the Tanakh that were considered righteous, like Job...

Old 11-09-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
JESUS FULFILLED THE LAW, thereby REPLACING the law..
Nope...You don’t understand what fulfill means in a Hebraic sense...

Old 11-09-2018, 04:14 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,703,090 times
Quote:
The laws job was to increase sin and condemn.....that's it......if it could save you Jesus would have left it in place.......and saved a trip to the cross

Jesus was born under the law of ISRAEL and taught under the law of ISRAEL.....and HE was the author of the law of ISRAEL.......and HE spoke about to the Jews of His earthly ministry........we GENTILES were not there for that. After the cross Jesus personally gave Paul the message of grace for the Gentiles and the Jews, but it hasn't sunk in yet..............
These are national things, not individuals being saved from being human beings..... the churches are saved by grace and not under the law, but they also need to overcome and heed the words of prophecy to and about Israel, both the Jew and gentile are to unite under Christ (Messiah) to make one body .... the new man, the new creation ... this is not about individuals.

There is a lot of allegory, metaphor, symbols in the scriptures which when read literally lead you into error. You can not mix the flesh with the spirit or the literal with the figurative.

Old 11-09-2018, 04:25 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Nope...You don’t understand what fulfill means in a Hebraic sense...
It is no secret what fulfill means with respect to the law - it means to achieve the goal that the laws were supposed to foster. No one had succeeded, so Jesus did it and made the failures of the rest of us irrelevant.

Old 11-09-2018, 04:27 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,919,267 times
Quote:
Where does it say that the law will be written on one’s heart other than the NT?...

I said it was written in the NT.

Old 11-09-2018, 05:05 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,995 times
Where does it say that the law will be written on one’s heart other than the NT?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
I said it was written in the NT.

true but it is written in the OT, scripture, Jer 31:33 "But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Jer 31:34 "And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more".

well clearly in Jer 31:33 the Lord God almighty did say he will write his Law in their "HEARTS".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity