Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 06:06 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,791,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I believe the main and only sins were listed in the 10 commandments - the first time God tried to correct man kind.

Jesus came along and people misinterpreted what he said about homosexuals and confused them with rapists and sodomites.
However, if you define sin by only the 10 commandments, then homosexuality is a sin because it is adultry, which is forbidden by the 10 commandments. And, as God created marriage between man and woman (Adam & Eve), then there is no way around the adultry issue as regards homosexual relations.

One other point, you know, up until about the 20th century, homosexuality was only regarded as a behavior and was not a label for one's identity or personality. That's a somewhat recent innovation, having people "identified" as homosexual.

IMO, people are people ... they should not be "defined" by their behavior. It is the behavior that is a sin. A person can be saved from that sin, just as with any sin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 06:10 PM

Having someone renounce their sinful behavior is not "forced". It is a decision that the person commiting the sinful behavior has to make... die to self and forego the sinful behavior or live in sin and be eternally dead to Christ. Sin loves the dark and hates the light.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:17 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,936,355 times
That is a sin against your own body not anybody else. So I don't think a Christian person should be pestering me about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
Having someone renounce their sinful behavior is not "forced". It is a decision that the person commiting the sinful behavior has to make... die to self and forego the sinful behavior or live in sin and be eternally dead to Christ. Sin loves the dark and hates the light.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:23 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,562,395 times
Quote:
That is a sin against your own body not anybody else. So I don't think a Christian person should be pestering me about that.
Actually in fornication you are sinning against your partner as well.

We are not pestering. We are only messengers.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:30 PM

But your body is not your own....

I Corinthians 6:15-20 (NIV): 15Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! 16Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, "The two will become one flesh."[b] 17But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit.
18Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. 19Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

Last edited by mams1559; 10-09-2008 at 06:32 PM.. Reason: Emphasis added by me

Old 10-09-2008, 06:33 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
usually the organist is and the soloist. but other than that i am missing the point?
you mean like militant in your face constantly rubbing it in everybody's nose. finding as many straight places as possible and plastering the beautiful personality all over everybody and chanting im gay im gay im gay while diligently avoiding the gay community where they would get a swift kick in their bad behavior posterior so fast, you mean those guys?

Old 10-09-2008, 06:49 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,624,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Liberal View Post
So if you had a brother and he was cheating on his wife of 8 years and 4 children, would you just love him or would you pull him aside (judging him) and tell him, what he is doing is wrong and that it must stop?
No. It would not be my business to do so.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:50 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,503,797 times
Quote:
What would YOU do? How would the people you know at your church react? Imagine what would happen to the homosexual at your church
First I am curious about how do you know a persons sexual preference in the church? Should we shake their hand and ask them? When the minister welcomes them from his pulpit should he ask their sexual preferences? Maybe we need to add another question to the visitor cards (sexual preference?) before us in the Hymnal rack..Should I feel left out because no one cared to ask my sexual preferences at any of the churches I attended?

Old 10-09-2008, 06:58 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,936,355 times
Did Jesus or the followers of Jesus have a description of sexual immortality ? Define that please. I'm curious about their views on foreplay. Please explain all that to me. I want to know so I don't sin against God and make him furious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
But your body is not your own....

I Corinthians 6:15-20 (NIV): 15Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! 16Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, "The two will become one flesh."[b] 17But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit.
18Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. 19Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:01 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,562,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
No. It would not be my business to do so.
Of course it won't........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity