Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 08:55 PM

33,535 posts, read 37,132,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
so now you're saying being gay is a 'birth defect'?

I wonder how the gay community would respond to that
Not any more of a birth defect than you had when you were born...Not defective just different....But hey what do I know. You are the expert. Your science book (bible) is perfect according to you.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:02 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
If you have a brain defect then yes God will be more sympathetic of his more abnormal children. He will spread his care and warmth through them and forgive them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
We are all born with a sin nature, and it's through Christ we can overcome it. Even if gays were born with same sex attractions, it wouldn't excuse homosexuality before the throne of God.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:03 PM

Yes. Jonah lived inside a whale and eve was created from a rib. That is very scientific based.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Not any more of a birth defect than you had when you were born...Not defective just different....But hey what do I know. You are the expert. Your science book (bible) is perfect according to you.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:05 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,250,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
If you really don't believe the Bible or care what it says, why does this stuff matter to you so much? I think it's because although you will never admit it, deep deep down you know your lifestyle is wrong and need to come on this religious forum to try to justify it.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:10 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,250,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
If you have a brain defect then yes God will be more sympathetic of his more abnormal children. He will spread his care and warmth through them and forgive them.
Only if they are incapible of understanding the concept of sin and repentance. Last I checked, homosexuals had the same functioning intellects as everyone else.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:18 PM

They are in essence incapable of understanding the concept of sin and repentance because of their brain abnormalities. Stop preaching hatred because God is all about loving and caring for all his children.

Quote:
Only if they are incapible of understanding the concept of sin and repentance. Last I checked, homosexuals had the same functioning intellects as everyone else.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:48 PM

33,535 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
If you really don't believe the Bible or care what it says, why does this stuff matter to you so much? I think it's because although you will never admit it, deep deep down you know your lifestyle is wrong and need to come on this religious forum to try to justify it.
How did my lifestyle enter into this discussion? I matters to me because I care about others, unlike many Christians I see here. Your kind of Christianity over the years has discriminated against many people because of race, beliefs or life style, and caused a great deal of harm...Gays are just your latest target. I think you discriminate against others just so you can feel that your are better than them....Well you are most certainly not. Not by a long shot.

I will fight discrimination with truth wherever it rears it's ugly head...By the way are you from Topeka, Kansas? Sure sounds like it.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:52 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,793,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
^ you are hurting the feelings of homosexuals. Let's show some love and care to those that have brain abnormalities and defects.
It is apparent to me that your replies reflect that you do not want to hear the truth or address what the other posters are saying to you.

But I'm going to give it to you anyway (the truth), with love. Here's the truth:

I have brain abnormalites and defects and I'm a devout fundamentalist Christian. Do YOU feel love and caring towards me?

It's about what the Bible says, not how we feel. Let's just forget about homosexuality for a minute, and look at it from this perspective.
What does the Bible say about pre-marital sex? It says that we are to abstain from sex until marriage. Yes, abstain. Does it specify heterosexual sex only? NO.

Therefore, having any kind of sex, heterosexual or homosexual, is wrong outside of marriage.

What does the Bible say about marriage? That it is to be between one man and one woman. So, in the confines of the Biblical directives, there should be NO premarital sex. And since gay marriage is not ordained by God and homosexuality is actually an abomination to God, what is the homosexual to do?

They are to do what other Christians do, and what the Bible says. They are to do what alcoholics and drug addicts do...abstain. Accept Jesus Christ, live for the Lord and deny their urges and desires. They are to surround themselves with loving Christians who accept them and help them through it.

I am a single person, and I do not have sex. It is because the Bible tells me that I should not unless I am married. It's that simple. You pray to God to help you with your weaknesses, read and study the Bible and live only to please your God. DO NOT live to please yourself, you fight the good fight for the few years you are here and you win an everlasting life with our Almighty Creator God. It will be worth the very temporary self-denial to have a permanent place in heaven.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:01 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,808,588 times
Quote:
I am someone who is guilty of coming off too harsh sometimes on some issues, but it really irks me to see so many people on this forum twisting the Word of God to try to justify their lifestyles. The Bible is something you either believe or you don't, and its amazing to see to what lengths people will go to trying to create a heretical interpretation of Scripture that doesn't condemn and sometimes promotes whatever sin they are trying to justify.
well said!

Old 10-20-2008, 10:07 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,784,407 times
Yes, not only scary, frightening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity