Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 08:09 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
If we can't be obedient in this life, how are we going to be in the next? Who's gonna make us? God? Then why not make us that way from the "Beginning"?
Here we go with the obedient card again .

I truly believe those who walk in obedience do not have to shout about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 08:11 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,441,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

I truly believe those who walk in obedience do not have to shout about it.

If you can hear me, God bless your heart, you have now "heard" truth! No excuse for you!

Bless, Betsey

Old 06-13-2009, 08:14 PM

14,885 posts, read 17,164,304 times
Quote:
Then why not make us that way from the "Beginning"?
How can we learn to seek what is good and "choose" what is good without the experience of evil? Remember, we are not puppets on a string. How can we not grow and change without experiences which call for our growth and change. It is a growing process. He is teaching and molding us. How can we appreciate God's holiness, righteousness, justice, mercy, agape love without the experience of evil, without the experience of being a sinner? We know Him as Savior because we needed to be saved. God bless.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:17 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times
Quote:
So what is IT you are asking? Spit it out! That you can go on sinning over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over ( stop me when I get to seventy) and over and over and over and over and over and over................you get the picture?

And what, He is "Jolly Old Jesus" to forgive you and forgive and forgive you and forgive you and forgive you........

At no time does'nt He KNOW the contents of your heart? He's not "smart" enough to know that your are not truly repentant? He does'nt know this?

Remember, He's "Jolly Jesus", does He not give you the desires of your heart? So if your desire is to sin continuosly, well there you go! You can't have it both ways! Sorry!

There is a consequence, no FEEL GOOD STORY HERE!

PS: Don't confuse compassion with aggressiveness.
We sin even as believers because we are as of yet still in the corruptible flesh, for now we wait for incorruption and immortality ...

Gal 5:5
For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

So now our faith is counted as righteousness though we are still subject to sin in the flesh(romans 7), ...

1 Corinthians 15:54
"So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory."

This will happen at the lords return, and then we will be without sin in our lives and will become righteous and incorruptible.

AS of yet let it be said,

1Jo 1:8
"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

BUT ...

1Jo 1:9
"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Confession is the ongoing process of our sinful lives till the lord make us righteous and deliver us from our servitude to this body of corruption.

Romans 7:25
"... So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin."

Old 06-13-2009, 08:20 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,441,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
How can we learn to seek what is good and "choose" what is good without the experience of evil? Remember, we are not puppets on a string. How can we not grow and change without experiences which call for our growth and change. It is a growing process. He is teaching and molding us. How can we appreciate God's holiness, righteousness, justice, mercy, agape love without the experience of evil, without the experience of being a sinner? We know Him as Savior because we needed to be saved. God bless.
Respect that. So the ones that don't learn, that don't grow, don't change, that don't appreciate God's holiness, refuses His holiness, His righteousness, justice, mercy, agape love, those who ARE EVIL, that LOVE SIN, these...........what? What happen to these?

They are made "into puppets on a string" then? At the Judgment Seat? This where they suddenly become all these things? Loving, kind, repentant.......... this is where they "finally" accept Him?

Make it make sense to me...........

Old 06-13-2009, 08:27 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times
Quote:
Respect that. So the ones that don't learn, that don't grow, don't change, that don't appreciate God's holiness, refuses His holiness, His righteousness, justice, mercy, agape love, those who ARE EVIL, that LOVE SIN, these...........what? What happen to these?

They are made "into puppets on a string" then? At the Judgment Seat? This where they suddenly become all these things? Loving, kind, repentant.......... this is where they "finally" accept Him?

Salvation is a free gift, accept it ... Is that to hard to understand ... ? And eventually everyone who has ever lived or who will ever live will accept this truth. One way or another, sooner or later ... In this life or in the next ...

And then it will be said that God has subdued all thing to Christ, and then Christ will be subject to the father, and God will be all in all. You may not accept it now, but when that day comes and the truth of God has dawned in all the hearts of mankind, even you will praise the absolute glory of God for his loving kindness.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:47 PM

988 posts, read 1,903,544 times
Quote:
AS of yet let it be said,

1Jo 1:8
"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

BUT ...

1Jo 1:9
"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
Your understanding is faulty - you are making John contradict himself:

1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil;

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin;

For a complete study go here

HK

Old 06-13-2009, 08:51 PM

14,885 posts, read 17,164,304 times
Quote:

As Ironmaw shared, Betsey Lane, they will be made subject to Him so that He may be all in all. (1 Corin. 15) They will one day learn, grow, appreciate, accept Him, return to Him. I believe that the judgments of God are related to this. The scriptures teach that when God's judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants will learn righteousness. (Isaiah 26) All will one day bow in worship to Him and confess Him, giving Him the glory and the praise. You see, no one is too far gone, too far in evil that God cannot overcome it. He has all power. God bless.

Old 06-13-2009, 10:57 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Quote:
Fear tactics only work on weak minds ... Please don't bother us with such vain similitudes.
There's 50/50 chance we 're both wrong, as there's enough scripture to support both views. Would you want to gamble with your eternal destiny on a questionable doctrine??? I wouldn't. I may be wrong and you may be right, but all I've lost by being wrong is that I strove to conform myself to God's command to obedience to the best of my ability and lost some worldly pleasures in the process. OTOH, if I'm right and you're wrong what have you lost? Eternal bliss. What have you gained? Eternal damnation. I would not want to gamble on 50/50 odds with those kinds of stakes.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:07 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Quote:
I can't believe what I'm reading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has Christian doctrine descended that low that obedience, a foundation of Christianity, is treated with such disdain???????

John: 14:15 "If you love me, you will obey my commandments"

John 14:21 "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him."

I am beyond shocked. I'm truly heartbroken!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity